good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: good things

Post by JHawkNH » May 7th, 2013, 7:58 pm

oldwrench wrote:We dodged the snow storm. Just 50 miles from here they got 18 inches of snow Thursday and Friday. That storm was supposed to hit us, but it moved just a bit to the east.
That was Friday. Today it will get close to 80F. Welcome to the wild weather swings of Minnesota. :gg:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 8th, 2013, 4:59 am

And back down to highs in the low 50s F this weekend. It's fishing opener this weekend, weather has to be bad.

I drive to Alma Wisconsin this weekend, and maybe to Rochester MN for the big antique and flea market sale.

I've been driving a small school bus this week, delivering three "Special Needs" students. One is in a wheelchair. between two and four hours of driving a day. Tomorrow, instead of bus driving in the afternoon, I have a medical delivery, a wheel chair patient.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 9th, 2013, 9:03 pm

I finished the lineart for two panels of my comic! I wanted to have the whole page done so I could scan it tomorrow when I visit my parents, but that failed due to me offering to proof-read something for a friend... hehe. Ah well, I'll just finish the remainder of the panels tomorrow~ =D I'm well excited for it and I completely understand why it takes so long to make a proper comic now O_O But it's so much fun! I wish it was the summer vacation already! Then I'd have the time to actually make it >w<
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 13th, 2013, 2:31 am

I wish it were summer too..... it was 55F degrees and windy today. Too cold! Well in two days its supposed to be 90F. Isn't Minnesota fun?
I made it back from Wisconsin. Stayed at my boy's place last night, we watched the second half of Stein's Gate. That is one complex and interesting anime. I've seen lots of time travel movies, and read lots of time travel scifi, but this has to rate as one of the best. The second half really messes with your head. There are so many complications, it really becomes a mystery story along with the time travel problems.
I found a few good things at garage sales along the way.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 14th, 2013, 11:28 am

Guess where I went yesterday!
1.jpg
Gotta love university classes that take you to another country for a day just to visit a museum =w= It was a lot of fun~ I made 135 photos in one day! That's almost half of the amount of photos I made when I was in Japan for 2 weeks xD Something is wrong with those numbers!
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 17th, 2013, 5:36 am

Aren't digital cameras great, Hiki. When I was your age, you had to be choosey about what you took a picture of since film and developing cost quite a bit. You also didn't get to see your pictures for a few days. Now you can take thousands of pictures, and it costs nothing more than taking one picture. You can take dozens of pictures of something and choose the one you like. it's great.

This driving job has really kept me busy. Last week I drove school route every day, about three hours, and a couple medical transports in between. Today I subbed on a student transport route. He goes to a special school about 50 miles from here, 4.5 hours total morning and afternoon trips, and in between I had a 3 hour medical run. 7.5 hours today, and I have a run up to St. Paul with a medical tomorrow.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » May 20th, 2013, 7:25 pm

oldwrench wrote:This driving job has really kept me busy. Last week I drove school route every day, about three hours, and a couple medical transports in between. Today I subbed on a student transport route. He goes to a special school about 50 miles from here, 4.5 hours total morning and afternoon trips, and in between I had a 3 hour medical run. 7.5 hours today, and I have a run up to St. Paul with a medical tomorrow.
Yep, isn't retirement wonderful. :meh:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 21st, 2013, 4:57 am

I'm not retired.......... just tired.

Rain, over 3 inches in the last three days. We can use the rain, but I haven't been able to plant my garden. The only thing growing out there is the grass and dandelions. If you watch closely, you can see the stuff grow.

More driving tomorrow. I have a Doctor appointment in the morning, and a medical delivery in the afternoon, the day is full again.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 3rd, 2013, 3:16 pm

The rain stopped, and there is this really bright yellow thing in the sky. It kind of hurts your eyes. Now if it would just warm up....... Ya, I know Zera would love to have these 65F degree days, but it would be nicer about 75. (there's always something to complain about) I might just get a chance to plant the garden, if I can get it in before tonight, they say rain is coming again. I did get the lawn mowed....... now I can see out the windows again.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » June 3rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

I got back from Animecon~ It was fun =w=
Don't feed me violins.