First Year Crichton

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Kira
Angel
Angel

First Year Crichton

Post by Kira » June 28th, 2010, 9:30 am

I really liked mine Character, John from Five Minutes, so I'm doing a prequel to the Five Minute Saga

First Year Crichton

Chapter One: The Beginning of Darkest Days.

Johnathan Richard Winters, Jr., Sits at his desk, looking at the pictures he's just uploaded onto his computer of his high school sweetheart. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly is playing in the background. One of his favorite movies. John feels amazing. In just three weeks, he started the academy, taking Space Life Science. Hoping it'll lead him to his dream job with NASA. Also his girlfriend just left, from staying with him over the weekend, promising they'll wait for each other. John was always so-so when it came to girls. Wasn't exactly the “ladies man” but rarely struck out. John is very active, intelligent, and quite handsome. Girls always found him funny, easy to get along with, and plus he knew a lot of trivia from pop culture to history, John, never ran out of material to talk about. While in High School, a lot of people thought he would have gone into acting, he was very active in drama, or becoming a writer, he loved to tell tales, and was known to expand the truth a bit. He knew what people wanted and liked to hear.

John comes from a very well known family. His father is Major Johnathan Richard Winters, and his ancestries dates back to that of Major Richards Winters, of Company E, a paratroop regiment during WWII. At the age of 18 John, Legally changed his name, to John Robert (after his grandfather) and taking his mother's maiden name, Crichton. John wanted to be his own person and not be overshadowed by whom his family was. John grew up watching and loving war, western and Samurai movies. Clint Eastwood being his hero. He's a fan of the very old movie from the 20th centuries. Even having music from that time period, growing up a lot of his friends say he was born in the wrong century. When he was a boy, he would always watch a very old movie called, Star Wars. Which caused his love for space.

John is waken from his trace, from a lite tap at his dorm-room door.

“Um, Yes?” He calls out.

The door opens, a tall young man walks in, “Um, Hi. I'm Greg-Gregory Lamela.” Greg reaches out and extends his arm. John gets up from his desk and goes to greet him.

“Ah, Finally, I was starting to feel kinda lonely here. I didn't think I was ever gonna get any roommates.” John Chuckles.

Greg looks at the room in amazement. John claiming just sa mall corner of the room, had a large collection of Comic books, DVDs? Where did he find those old relics? 20th century literature, and figures. “Wow! You're a hunter! I've heard of people like you, but I never met one!”

John. Can't help but smile and laugh, “Wow, thanks, you make me sound like I'm some rare freak show.” John teases.

“Well... Yeah! You are!” Greg laughs.

John smiles, “I like you...Greg? I can see you and I being good friends.”

“Wow, my girlfriend, Heather is gonna love meeting you! Man! She is so shelter!”

Greg, reads some of John DVDs, John continues with small talk, “So what are you majoring?”

“Um, Environmental science, I wanna help preserve the remaining wetlands Earth has. With all the space exploration and outworld colonies. A lot of people forgot about our motherland, Earth. All the Allies pump money into space resources, Granted with only 2billion people left staying on earth it helped greatly with restoring natural resources and slowing down pollution. But the years of abuse and damage she took...”

As Greg went on talking, John felt a little bad, He was born on earth but always dreamt of space, never stopping and realizing the truth in Greg's words. Suddenly another knock on the door.

“I'll get that,” Greg walks to the door. He opens it and another fairly tall, but very baby-face young man stands at the door.

“Hi, Nathan Ausmus.” The young man just barges right in, with a military looking sack over his shoulders, he goes to the nearest bunk and sits his stuff down.

Greg is still standing at the door, Greg closes, “Um, Okay? Hi... I'm Greg, and that there is John.”

John waves and smiles. Nate just rest on the bed, he reaches into his sack, pulling out a black with white stripes leather jacket, using it as a blanket, and pulls a cowboy style hat and cover his face and knocks out.

“Um, Wow?! Is-is he for real?” Greg ponders.

John, goes back to his computer. As Greg goes back to looking over John's Stuff, “You mind?” Greg asks pointing at a few books and comics.

“Nah, be my guest. Anything you like to know, just ask me” John tells Greg.

“How long did it take you to collect all this?” Greg, picks up a book, World War Z and flips thru it.

“Um, Since Middle School? Maybe. My older brother was a semi-hunter, he was picky. Me, I like it all.”

Nate mumbles in his dream state, “Lucky Bastard.”

Both John and Greg stop to look at Nate.

“Um, Excuse?” Greg asks.

“Pretty boy, over there, a fellow hunter, I'm a semi-hunter myself. I'd be full-blown too, like this guy, but I didn't have that much money.” Nate gets up from his bed and grabs his sack, he opens it up and reveals, a small collection of DC Comics and trinkets. “This jacket is that of Hugh Jackman, from a movie he did, it was a comic book movie.”

John chimes in, “Oh, right! X-men, but wasn't the jacket Brown with Yellow stripes?”

“Dammit! I thought it was a fake!” Nate just falls back to bed and quickly falls asleep.
“So,” Greg started, pointing at the Book he had picked up, “World War Z, that's that um...Zom-Zombie book right?”

“Yup, its really good. I can see a guy like you, liking it. Keep it if you like, that's my paperback copy, my hardcover is back home.”

“Um, you got a lot of zombie stuff?” asked Greg.

“Yeah, movies, comics, and books. You into them?”

“Well, I just saw Zombieland, a friend back home, found it at some old guys yard sale, we had to hunt for my great grandfather's movie player... So, I've been meaning to ask you, what do you think about the Earth Alliance and the peace treaty with the Planet Tarsonis?”

“I'm Sorry?” John sounded confused.

“There's this Planet that Earth wants to use their resource. Its a planet that perfect for making factories and industries. The planet is inhabited by people who were once hard working middle class on Earth, when the colonies were being built, they used them for labor, with promise of freeing them with their own planet, over the years their planet has quickly grown to be a mighty industrial planet. With Earth's “Campaign” to expand. They want to once again use the people for their service.”

John, has a memories of his father...

John's father is in a room with another military officer.

The Military Officer speaks, “Major Winters, We like you to lead in the campaign against Laco Strak, we believe he has stations himself on the planet Bacta, there he's gaining the support and sympathy from the Out-World Trading Company, if we lose the Out-World Trading Company, we lose control over all the colonies. We'd like you go to Tarsonis.”

“Sir, Why Tasonis?” Major Winters asks.

“Because, you've worked close with them, during the Currahee War. They trust you.”

“But what are they to do for us?”

“John, we want Taronis to build us weapons.”

Major Winters eyes widen, “Sir, you know as well as I do, The treaty was that the inhabits could be on their own, if they promise to never build weapons.”

“Yes, I know that, that's why we are keeping it under wraps. For for,” He coughs, “'Official' books, Taronis is simply aiding us in this war as 'advisors'...

John, simply walks away from the door and goes to his room to study, for his college entrance exam.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: First Year Crichton

Post by Kira » June 28th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Hmm, Sakura if you can, I think it should be re-named, 5 Minutes: First Year Crichton. I can See 5 Minutes becoming our own little saga. With Sequels and prequels stories or even spin-off stories in the same universe.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 28th, 2010, 8:17 pm

You can edit it yourself
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 28th, 2010, 8:19 pm

There's a time limit on here to how long you can edit. Cuz there's a bunch of typos in it as well