Anime recommendation

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Re: Anime recommendation

Post by agito_0291 » March 14th, 2008, 1:47 am

I agree with oldwrench on beck. It's a very good series, I watched it a while ago and If I had the money, I would definately go and buy the dvds. The dubs were supprisingly well done, which is always a bonus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 31st, 2008, 2:00 am

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars.

Well, we finally finished this one at work. This is a fun throwback, old style anime. It has nice bright animation and an interesting mix of humor and drama, with some intrigue to keep you watching. Romance, just a little boy likes girol stuff, and any violence is people vs alien robot, or mech vs mech. The action is secondary to the mystery surounding the people and the Shingu. Most of the story centers around the school lives of the young people involved.

26 episodes around 650 minutes, in 4:3 video, stereo sound, a good english dub, produced here by rightstuf. If you like older style of anime, and are a scifi fan you probably would enjoy this one.

http://shingu.rightstuf.com/
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

tacoman
New User

Post by tacoman » April 8th, 2008, 5:51 pm

i recomend fullmetal alchemest IT IS AWESOME
JUSTIN HEMSLEY

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 9th, 2008, 2:19 am

Yes FMA is one very good anime. There is a lot of pretty deep storytelling in this one. If you haven't seen the movie, get it, it's just as good as the series, and ties up a bunch of loose ends.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » April 25th, 2008, 2:43 am

I recommend watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
It takes place in the future where the Britannia Empire has all but taken over the world thanks to the advances in mechs known as "Nighmares" that they posses. Sweeping through Japan, they sucessfuly obtain it, destroying it's individuality and renaming it "Area 11" Years after this hostile take over, a young Brittanian living in Area 11 accidentally gets caught up in a rebel attack and he would have been killed if it wern't for a mysterious green haired woman who gives him "Geass" the power to make anyone do whatever he wants as long as he maintains eye contact. Gifted with this power, Lelouch begins setting the pieces to reclaim "Area 11" from his fellow Britannians and create an independent nation.
Code Geass is currently my favorite anime series ever. It has an amazing story and the crew behind it is nothing but superstars. For example you may notice the unique character design is by no other than the amazing manga-ka group CLAMP. The first season has already ended in Japan and the second is currently airing. It has already been liscensed for a summer release in the US, and the first episode airs on Adult Swim THIS Saturday night at 1:00 (could be considered sunday :meh: ) Highly recommended series (an added bonus, it has a lacus lookalike that ISN'T a wuss!)

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » April 25th, 2008, 3:03 am

Well I bought a series called NOEIN.
a very cool series i think. it's rather trippy at first but in the end as everything is wrapped up you're left sitting and saying wow.
besides the battles and the merging of 2D and 3D animation is kicka$$ too!
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » April 25th, 2008, 3:08 am

Ha!

Welcome to Hell!

Once you start buying one series, you can't stop! MWAHAHAHA!!!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » April 25th, 2008, 3:25 am

yeah THANKS KIRA! :pif: :sob:

now i'll be in debt over anime instead of over car insurance
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 29th, 2008, 2:28 am

tacoman wrote:i recomend fullmetal alchemest IT IS AWESOME
I suggest Fullmetal Botanist
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » April 29th, 2008, 10:04 pm

nice...
they should make the Twilight series into an anime or manga. it'd be so beautiful i know! they've started making Warriors into a manga, it's cute! ^^