5 Minutes: Reloaded

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: 5 Minutes: Reloaded

Post by oldwrench » December 8th, 2022, 8:17 pm

ok. I am working on the story, just been a bit busy. I really do want to get it finnished.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 9th, 2022, 9:17 am

Billions of people are looking forward to that :kiss:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 15th, 2023, 6:22 am

my new tears resolution is to get this done..... I hope it lasts longer than my other resolutions. One resolution I have been able to keep, to live forever....... so far.

Back to our young pilots. Seems they have a few more problems than just guarding the princess. The Red Faction, Aliens, how is colonel Hellwind going to deal with all this?

Chapter 65

Georgianna looked at her useless fingers. She couldn't move them, or even feel them. She felt miserable, the broken bone in her arm would heal in a couple months, but it would take much longer to regenerate the torn nerves. Even then, it would take a long time to regain the skills, if she ever could. Her career with the EDF was over, and her problems only beginning.

Arisa looked around her small room on the ship, it seemed so empty now. She sat down alone on her bed, she tried to get them to shuttle her back to the planet, but the doctor had insisted they stay for observation. She sighed, she really wanted to be with Chad, she had plans for their relationship, Chad had been a gentleman so far, but she wanted more. She had hoped they could have some time alone on the island but that hadn't turned out. Well, she wouldn't let that stop her, she knew what she wanted, and she was use to getting what she wanted.

The princess tried to stop her fit of giggles. She knew it was her nervousness that broke down her normal control. She was so afraid she was going to ruin the first contact the human race had made with alien beings. Mel looked up at the shocked face of colonel Hellwind, her longtime friend, she needed to explain. “You remember my brother's collection of manga and anime,” Mel got out as she tried to control her breathing.

“Of course,” Daniel replied, “but what has that got to do with......” Daniel looked at the smaller aliens, then covered his mouth trying to hold back his own laughter. “Oh lord,” he gasped as he started to laugh.

Aah'n and Tock'r looked questioningly at the two humans. Aah'n noted that the other human, Tom, seemed as ignorant of what was going on between the two as he was. But the laughter was infectious, he began to chuckle himself.

Melpomene turned to the two aliens, a a stricken look on her face, “I'm so sorry ambassador, I really don't mean to be rude.”

“Please princess, I am not offended by this,” Aah'n tried to reassure her. “I feel the laughter makes the, ah, feeling easier between us?” Aah'n was hoping he would be able to get the correct expressions for his thoughts. Trying to work around the embarrassing things he had learned from the videos and what he had learned about them from the pilots was causing a bit of trouble with his translating. “If it is not a rude thing to question, could you explain what it is that brings on such laughter?”

“No, it's perfectly fine to ask,” Mel told him. “When we were young, my brother collected manga and anime. Those are illustrated stories and videos done with drawings, not live.”

Aah'n nodded, “there were some such in the ship we examined, and such things are common among most races.”

“Oh, good, that makes explaining a bit easier,” Mel told him. “One of the often used character types in manga and anime is called nekomimi, or cat people. They are often aliens from some other planet, and are illustrated so very much like you appear....... except you don't have a tail.”

“Of course I don't have a tail,” Aahn interjected, “I'm a male.”

“Oh, the females have a tail?” Mel asked. Aah'n nodded. “The fact that you are the first alien race we have met is why this seemed so humorous to me,” Mel continued, “the coincidence that the first alien race we meet should look like the cat people that we have so long been using in our stories.”

“I always thought the cat people came from our pet cats,” Daniel added, “but now I'm not so sure. Has your race ever visited our home planet?”

“There is no record of any race exploring this far out from the center of the galaxy,” Aah'n replied. “I don't think there could have been any of our people on your world.”

“Ambassador,” Tock'r broke in, “There were several exploration vessels that did not return, early in the history of light plus Travel. If one came this direction, perhaps they became lost and landed on the humans home world.”

“It would have had to have been an awfully long time ago.” Dan mused.

Tock'r thought for a moment and consulted the translator device on his forarm. “It world have been some time about fifteen thousand of your years ago. Would that be long enough?”

“Ah, ya, I guess so,” Daniel answered, a bit stunned that these aliens had been traveling faster than light for that long a time. He felt small, twenty three empires, how great and advanced that society must be.

“Let's all take our food and drinks and have a seat,” the princess suggested. “I'm sure we have much to discuss.”

Aah'n sat in on of the large chairs. They were obviously designed to accommodate the largest of the humans, but he found them much more comfortable than the hard chairs at the military base. He noticed Tock'r was smiling as he settled into the softly conforming cushions. The humans certainly new how to be comfortable. He looked at the humans and sighed, now would come the difficult part, what would the humans demand of the league if they were to join?

Melpomene looked at the two ambassadors, she felt tense inside but tried not to let it show. She had studied human nature and knew all the body language and subtle signs, and how to use every one, but none of her education could have prepared her for an alien race. How could she judge their moods. She had talked to her father when she learned they were to meet the ambassadors. He assured her he had every confidence in her ability to negotiate a satisfactory preliminary deal with the aliens. It made her feel better, but she still felt overwhelmed.

“I cannot make a permanent contract, but I have been empowered to negotiate a preliminary agreement and bring the final contract to the council and emperor for their agreement.” She informed the ambassador. “What are the conditions the league would require of us in order for us to be accepted as members.”

Aah,n had to change his line of thought. He had been taught to expect empires to make demands, that is how it had been with the empires of the league. How was he supposed to answer an empire that asked what was to be demanded of them? “I believe we could start with trade agreements,” Aah'n offered, “and continue into mutual defense pacts,” he added hopefully. He thought of the humans resistance to the slaver control, their rapid military deployment and small but powerful hand weapons. If they could only get the humans to commit twenty thousand, even ten thousand soldiers, it could turn the tide against the slaver armies eroding their empires. “Is there something you would expect of the league?” Aah'n asked.

“There is one thing,” Melpomene told him. “You can help me save the empire.”

“Of course we will do this,” Aah'n assured her. “I will send word to the league immediately, I'm sure they will send a fleet to aid in your defense.”

Melpomene smiled, “actually I meant you, tomorrow morning.” Aah'n looked surprised. “A number of our colonies are threatening to break away from the empire, I came here to try to convince them not to. I haven't been successful, but if you talked to them, the fact of a mutual enemy, will give them a good reason to remain part of the empire.”

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 19th, 2023, 1:58 pm

Arisa as seen by the DALL.E A.I. :pif:
Arisa by DALL.E_A.I.png

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 25th, 2023, 2:04 am

not a picture of Arisa from this story. She's blue eyed with short curly blond hair, very pixie-ish.

and she has plans for Chad......

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 28th, 2023, 6:13 pm

We should work on an accurate description of Arisa so that the A.I. can create a reasonable picture.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 28th, 2023, 9:13 am

I promise to update the PDF book this weekend. I have even created an appointment for this.

Very sad that the nice old gentleman who bound the book for Dinky is no longer with us. I still think of him because he was one of the nicest and most lovable people I have met. He has been gone for over 5 years now and I hope he really is in a better place - if not him, then who?

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 8th, 2023, 10:18 am

After frantically searching for the document and finding it on a backup hard drive, I can finally update the pdf. It ends at chapter 45, so there's a lot of work to do.

In addition to that, the DeepL translation service is giving me a hard time. Guess they finally made it into a paied service because it complaints about "exceeding the limit" after writing three lines. Too bad, it's translation is much better than mine. My vocabulary is too small and I lack the purractice. On the good side: I can add much more cat puns :love:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 8th, 2023, 12:37 pm

"It's done when it's done" and it's done :thumb: :gg:
Attachments
5 Minutes Reloaded.pdf
Chapter 65
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 9th, 2023, 3:17 am

Arisa is a cute pixie-ish girl, 1.5m tall and petite. she has light crystal blue eyes, very red lips, short very curly light golden blond hair. She envies Megumi's long straight hair, and even Melpomene's wavy long hair. She thinks she looks too much like a little girl, well, in fact, she can pass herself off as a middle schooler if she wants to. Ben's nickname for her, kitten, fits her very well.

Chad is a tall lean young man, 1.9m tall with medium length black hair, dark grey eyes, a lean handsome face with a scar from his right eye to his jaw, a reminder of his delinquent upbringing. His father is unknown and his upbringing in a gang led by his older sister was difficult. He learned to be a survivor.