good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: good things

Post by Kira » September 10th, 2022, 4:16 am

Well... I'm closer to 40 now. When did this happen. I swear I was just in my mid twenties. I feel like the new Gpa lol.

I have two monsters, oldest (daughter) is 9, 4th grade. My baby is 7, 2nd grade (he's on the Spectrum, autism).

I'm a store manager, working my way up to being a District manager. Lol no where near where I saw, where I would be lol.

Caught the Covid in Dec. Of 2020, before the vax were even a thing, so that was fun lol. I survived to tell the tale. I'm fully vax now.

My whole family got their own Nintendo Switch for Christmas, lol. Mario Kart and Mario Party is the one game we cann all agree on lol. Recently got back into Pokemon Go. And woot! Got my daughter to watch her first anime, lol I introduced her to Naruto. She's even doing drawings of them now lol.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 10th, 2022, 5:02 am

ok twice this computer has completely erased my reply, I have no Idea why. It just changes pages and it's gone. I will have to reply on my desktop when I get back to the basement.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 10th, 2022, 5:45 am

It's all good.
I sound like you now. My wife has the latest Kindle fire and Chromebook.
I still have my laptop HP windows 10 (was the latest model, when it came out, lol.) And the kindle 3?

The only thing that's up to date is my phone. I need a work one. I liked the worked one so much, I purchased the lastest model of that one lol.

Long as I have my android 12, I'm happy. Sucks even windows is finally becoming obsolete.

I just like windows because some stuff needs the IE to work, not everything has made the jump to Chrome compatibility.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 10th, 2022, 9:47 am

Mario Cart :gg: :love:

I tried the Playstation 4 with this VR system once, but the resolution is so bad that playing Skyrim VR is no real fun.

Last week, a fresh iPhone was still on my shopping list, until Apple presented the device this week at the keynote and I had to find out that I have to pay a whopping € 2000 for the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Therefore, I am now planning to buy a used iPhone 12.

@Kira: Time's an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 13th, 2022, 6:09 pm

Phones are riddiculosly expensive. I am finally getting over this covid bug, not any worse than most flu bugs. still feel a bit low but improving every day.
I retired and sold my shop in 2011, moved to Belle Plaine, sort of central to my grandkids, and after a year got a part time job driving a handicap van for the local bus company. I took clients to medical and other appointments, mostly wheel chair clients. I also delivered a handicapped school boy to school and home for 5 years. I retired from that in Jnauary 1010j just befor the covid hit the fan. Now I'm just retired....... Just finnished putting batteries in 30 watches for the trift stor run by our churches in Mankato. There is always something.
My wife asked me what I'm doing today. Nothing, I replied. You did that yesterday, she complained. I wasn finnished yet, I told her.

Kids are doing well, eldest son is still single still programing for IBM and still collecting anime, over 8000 dvds last I knew. Eldest daughter is married two kids, the oldest grandchild is in high school.... and taking mostly college courses. Daughter two< Dinky< is still nursing, actually teaching nursing now, her oldest boy is in high school and youngest, wreck it Ryker, is still a handfull. Daughter three ,crisis girl, still has her crisis, kidney stones, oldest son has mild autism, husband has medical problems, basement flooded, etc. Life is good.

Well, Kira better keep an eye on the 5min story. John finally told Georgi that she was going to marry him and she agreed. He's pretty happy, everything is going his way, what could possibly go wrong? Maybe Ben ad Megumi will have a double wedding? What about Dominic and Rose? But then, there are still some aliens out there, I wonder how John is going to react when he hears about that.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 20th, 2022, 5:13 pm

oldwrench wrote: September 13th, 2022, 6:09 pmMy wife asked me what I'm doing today. Nothing, I replied. You did that yesterday, she complained. I wasn finnished yet, I told her. [...]
You're right, your life really does sound like you're busy. :gg:

The worst thing that happened to me in 2022 was when I needed a plumber to fix my heater. I hid all my anime stuff beforehand, of course, and dressed up nicely. I don't want to give people the wrong (right) impressions, after all.
oldwrench wrote: September 13th, 2022, 6:09 pm[...]what could possibly go wrong?
Well, I'll leave that to your creativity. It probably depends on whether you want to finish the story quickly. Otherwise, you're left with the "deus ex machina" to finish the story by asking for divine help.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 22nd, 2022, 5:26 pm

I need a weekend or 3weeks get away. This year has had me booked.
Last weekend, my MIL passed away suddenly. Her funeral is this weekend (we're good, kids took it really good, we're believing christians).

My DM is being dumb though. I just want the Saturday, so I can just drive family there and back. And he's giving me a hard time finding coverage for me.
Plus he wants me to appointment a new Assistant Store manager, to take over my old spot. So I'm dealing with workplace politics.

Ooh, kidney stones, my wife feels you on that one. We're trying to get her in, so she can get them blasted. On top of everything we all have medical appointments.

I'm glad Dinky is doing well, I'm sure she's just as busy, miss her being around too.

Lol @Sakura you're too cute, why feel the need to hide all your stuff?
I really don't have much anime stuff anymore. But idk, with my daughter getting into anime, it'll give me an excuse to pick up my hobbies *cough* for father-daugther bonding purposes, of course lol.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 22nd, 2022, 5:40 pm

Pictures I've finally promised (hopes this works)
My daughter's Naruto drawings.

Me and the Mrs. Doing our Pokemon Go walks.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 24th, 2022, 4:03 pm

A very cute family you have there. I understand why you left for a couple of years. After all AAW is much older than your daughter :gg:
Kira wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 5:26 pm Lol @Sakura you're too cute, why feel the need to hide all your stuff?
Guess we Europeans care about their privacy the same way Americans care about their guns. And now you guess which of them kills more people :meh: :gg:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 28th, 2022, 11:26 pm

lots of us, like me, don't care any about guns..... oh, I do have an air pellet gun for target shooting with the grandsons, I have never owned a firearm and don't intend to. Privacy is a good thing, but if someone wants to see my several hundred anime dvds they are welcome to tak a look. I really am one of the old geezers at the anime convention though.