5 Minutes: Reloaded

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: 5 Minutes: Reloaded

Post by oldwrench » December 18th, 2018, 4:22 am

Now where were we?........... Um, oh yes, Rose just decked Dominic and left him wondering what happened. The princess just gave her a bit of advice, maybe it will help. It hasn't been Rose's style, but, I guess we have to see how it works out. The colonel will be getting there with the two scientists. How is Rydia going to react to meeting the colonel and the researchers, not to mention general Parker's aid? Things could get tense.

Chapter 54

Daniel looked out the limo window at the open land rushing by. He wondered if Melpomene had had any luck trying to mollify the colonies representatives. He looked back at the generals liason officer. “Things have not been going well with the colonies,” he confessed, “and I’m afraid I am to blame for that. The princess was hoping, now that we have that weapon, they would be more reasonable.”

“You can’t be blamed for the incident,” Tom assured him. “I read the report. There was no way to know that Captain McFairlaine was influenced by outside forces. Frankly, it seems like something out of a scifi novel, some mad scientist developing a mind control device. Our psych research people say it can’t be done. We have to find out who’s behind this.”

“I know, but there is nothing to go on,” Daniel confessed as they pulled up to the door of the old hotel. “At least we have the Atropos weapon and it’s creator. Dominic is bringing her here. They should be with the pilots by now.”

“Ah, the creator of the weapon is the one that has been with your captain,” Dr. Moeller broke in. “I had assumed we would have only a pilot to work with. I certainly hope they will co-operate. It would make this so much easier than trying to reverse engineer the operating system.”

“I haven’t had a chance to meet the woman yet,” Daniel told them

Janice looked up at the building as she got out of the car. A woman? That knew the morse language?...... Had the woman known Janice father? She pictured an older woman in a lab coat. Janice had met many other women in R&D but none of them were mech pilots...... the picture just didn’t fit. Well. she thought, as the colonel allowed her to enter the lounge area ahead of him, I’ll soon find out.

Daniel almost ran over Janice as the woman stopped short in front of him. Now what was going on?? Daniel looked from Janice to Rydia......

Chad poked his head into the service opening for the power unit. “Arisa, how are things going” He called out to her.

Arisa’s face appeared around the side of the damaged unit and she gave him a quick kiss. “Just finished,” she told him. “Now help me out of here.” Chad took the box of tools she pushed toward him and set them aside. He lifted Arisa out of the narrow compartment, once again thanking the fates that she was with him. The small girl could squeeze into the confined space and was good enough with tools to make the bypass connections Chad had shown her. It save him hours of work removing the armored panels to get at the connections.

“Ok, we can start running up the other power units and getting them back to full output.” Chad told her. “I should be able to get a bit more out of each of them so it will compensate a bit for the loss of the one unit. I just hope Georgianna can rewrite the operating system on Rydia’s balance unit to work with one unit offline.”

“The captain will fix the software,” Arisa assured him. “You just get those units tuned up.”

“Right, ma’am.” Chad gave her a mock salute. If I can keep my mind on the job, he thought. Arisa was just too cute in the coveralls that were a couple sizes too big, sleeves and cuffs rolled up, a belt gathering up the waist. He wished they had a little time alone somewhere.

Daniel looked again at the two women. They had the same auburn hair tied up on top of their heads, the same large hazel eyes behind large glasses, the same small nose and full lips...... They could almost be.....

“Rydia??” Janice’s voice wavered.

“Janice??” Rydia’s voice squeeked.

“But...... YOU’RE DEAD!” Both women said at the same time.

“No I’m not,” Janice insisted.

“When the pirates took us out of the school, they told us the EDF was bombing the whole planet, that they were killing everyone. The pirates told us that they tried to save our parents but they couldn’t. “ Rydia explained.

“That isn’t what happened,” Janice corrected her. “The pirates were killing everyone and burning the town because the people wouldn’t help them. Father hid me in the cellar and they didn’t find me. The EDF drove the pirates away, but there weren’t many survivors. Mom and Dad died.”

“But...but they told me......” Rydia’s voice broke, her eyes filled with tears. “Janice!” Rydia sobbed as she ran to her sister.

Janice wrapped her arms around Rydia, her own eyes filling with tears. “You’re here. it’s really you,” She comforted the girl. “I’m here for you little sister.”

The room was totally silent, everyone looked on in complete surprise. “Sisters?” Daniel broke the silence.

Janice looked up and smiled, tears filling her eyes. “My little sister,” She told him. “I thought she was dead. The pirates burned down the school during the Ceti Seven massacre, the EDF told us all the children died. I was in middle school, we were off that day, I was at home.”

“The pirates took the youngest children from several colonies that they destroyed.” The colonel told her in a quiet voice. “The younger ones were easier to re-educate.”

Daniel watched the two women sit together on one of the sofa’s. They had so much to talk about, so much to catch up on. “That was something I would never have anticipated,” he told Dr. Moeller.

“It’s very touching and all,” Tod answered, “but we’re wasting time, we should be getting to our mission, that’s what is important right now.”

“You’re wrong about that doctor,” Melpomene told him as she stepped up next to The colonel. “Family is what’s important, without our families, we wouldn’t have an empire. There’s no rush on that weapon, it can wait a few hour, or even days. We have what we need now.”

“Talking of missions, did you have any luck with the colony delegates?” Daniel asked the princess.

“Very little,” she confessed, “not enough to make a difference. The majority of the colonies are pushing the others to break away from the empire. Without a common goal, or a common enemy, I’m afraid that the empire is going to break up. That can only lead to anarchy and bloodshed.”

“I just hope the colonies don’t look at the EDF as the common enemy,” Daniel sighed.

Tom, General Parker’s aide, watched the two women. It was hard to believe, Janice did have a younger sister, and she was as interesting as her older sister. He waited while the two women caught up with their emotions. At a point when their conversation wound down to a pause, he stepped up to the two. “Miss Farrell, I'm Tom Siefeld, aide to general George Parker.” He introduced himself. “I am to be your liaison with the EDF. If there is anything you need...... or would like.... I am at your service, ah, it would be my pleasure to supply it.”

Rydia looked up at the officer who had approached them. Her breath caught, He was lean and handsome, dark hair and dark brown eyes. She almost forgot to listen as he introduced himself. Slowly his words sunk in, anything she would like.......... It took several long moments before she broke the spell and could reply. “Oh.... Thank you, I, ah, I don’t want to be any bother.” Rydia stammered.

“Not at all,” Tom assured her, “I would be happy to be able to assist you.”

Daniel heard the princess giggle and looked over at her. “I bet he would be,” she whispered to him.

Dominic finally found Rose, outside sitting alone on the low stone wall around the property. She must have been crying, her eyes were red. Dominic felt like a cad, a mean hearted jerk. It was his fault. “I’m so sorry Rose,” Dominic told her “I should have found some way to tell you what was happening. I just didn’t realize..........”

Rose stood up and wrapped her arms around his neck, cutting him off. “I was so afraid that you were captured, or dead,” she tod him, “I just didn’t know. “I thought I’d lost you forever........ Then, I saw those pictures...... You with Rydia........ I thought....... But she told me all about it,” Rose sniffed and sobbed for a bit of added effect. “I had it all wrong, I shouldn’t have hit you.”

Dominic held Rose tight. How could he have been so blind. All these years he had thought of Rose as tough and unbreakable. He hadn’t thought that she could be hurt..... That she really cared for him. “It’s ok, Rose. I deserved that.” He told her softly. “I promise I’ll never leave you again.”

Rose smiled as she held Dom tight. Maybe she had tried too hard to be just one of the tough guys. The princess was right, being a bit “fragile” didn’t hurt her attractiveness at all. In fact, it felt kind of nice. This could be a very memorable night.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 23rd, 2018, 8:40 am

Wohoo "sex and crime"... well we're done with crime now to the sex :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 25th, 2018, 4:35 am

Well..... since this is a family friendly site......

I will let you imagine what transpired between Rose and Dom. I'll just say she was quite assured that he noticed her by the time they parted for the night.

I am working on the next chapter, things are about to heat up, I'll let you guess in what way that will be. Rose and Dom? Arisa and Chad? Melpomene and....... or could it be Georgianna and John? Wait..... that isn't the only way the story could heat up. We still have the Red Faction and Edward Geraldine, or what about Kirk Ashford, he tried to kill Arisa and Chad once, will he try again, or has he made a run for it. Will the colonies start a war as the faction hiding in the background want, or will that faction make another try at goading them into a war? What is the truth behind the mind control? Way too many questions..... maybe I can come up with some answers.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 1st, 2019, 1:36 am

oldwrench wrote: December 25th, 2018, 4:35 am Well..... since this is a family friendly site......
Hmmm... so we need to avoid educational materials at all? :omg:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am

some might get too "educational" for younger minds....... if that's possible anymore.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 9th, 2019, 5:37 am

Well, The colonel has completed his part of the mission....... almost, Chad hasn't gotten that mech up to the Krikav yet. But, what could go wrong. He holds all the cards, doesn't he? Ok, I guess it's time to shake things up.

Chapter 55

Chad watched over Arisa’s shoulder as she brought the power units on line, ready to dive in if something went wrong. He had her acting as pilot since Rydia’s helmet didn’t fit him. He could have pulled out the neural mesh and stretched it to fit his head, but there was no need. He had spent the previous day tuning the four units and he was sure they would be able to sync with no problem, but he wasn’t so sure about the one open circuit. Georgianna assured him there would be no trouble with the modifications she made to the instruction code in Rydia’s power balance unit. She had explained to him the code she added to allow the unit to compensate for one dead power unit, but her hacks to the program were a bit over his head. Chad held his breath.

Arisa ran up the power then lifted the arms of the giant and wiggled its fingers. “See, I told you it would be just fine.” She told Chad as she brought the two fists together in front of them with a loud crash.

Chad watched the display on the monitor screen and was pleased to see the power flow running as smoothly, as Georgianna had predicted. “You were right,” he admitted. “Georgianna really knows her stuff.”

Arisa noticed Ben and Georgianna had come in the open hangar doors, checking what the noise was. She waved at them with the huge gauntlet. Georgianna shook her head and turned back, Ben just laughed. “Should I stand up and take it out?” Arisa asked, hopefully.

“Not now,” Chad answered, “everything looks ok, and I should close up the access panels before we take it out.”

Arisa sighed, she had thoughts of taking the mech out to the shoreline and opening the cockpit...... just she and Chad, alone in the warm sunshine.......

“We’ve been working hard,” Chad told her. “Maybe we should take a break, go walking down by the water and cool off a bit.” Chad was thinking of a little time alone with Arisa. There had been little time to be alone with her since they had gotten back together........ That time lost on the island didn’t count......

Arisa shut down the systems, stood up and turned around. she gave Chad a quick kiss and a bright smile. “That would be just great,” She giggled. “I think we deserve it.” Chad tried to let her go first, but Arisa looked down and shook her head. “Maybe you should go first...... in case I slip, you could catch me.” Arisa told him with a coy smile on her face.

“Oh, ok,” Chad replied and climbed down ahead of her. When he got to the floor he looked up, and caught his breath. Chad realized just why she wanted him to go first. She was wearing the EDF issue shorts and white shirt....... The shorts, that fit loosely on her petite frame. He should look away....... but.......

Arisa glanced down and grinned. She knew exactly what she was doing, and she could see just what she hoped for in Chad’s eyes. She instinctively knew that enticing a boy, and leaving him wanting more, was the best way to keep him coming back, and she wanted Chad to always come back to her.

Colonel Hellwind leaned back in his chair and watched Tom pour two cups of coffee “Things were pretty tense from the start, he told the general’s aid, “but it really fell apart after captain Mcfarlaine had that attack during the conference. Now half the colonies ambassadors are using the incident to rile the others up against the empire. The princess is trying to pull things back together but some of them don’t want anything to do with us.”

Tom set down the coffees and sat across from the colonel. “It seems someone expected this outcome,” Tom replied. “The OMI has been quietly moving ships into locations near key colony worlds. We have suspicions that someone is setting up an attempt a coup against the emperor. If they are developing a way to control people, things could get difficult.”

“Their control doesn’t seem to work, at least with some people. That’s a good thing,” Daniel answered. Daniels phone chirped and he answered it. After a few moments he stood up, frowning. “I have to leave, the informants we have here have located Edward Gerladine. I’m not going to let him get away.” The colonel told Tom, in a tense voice, as he took his sidearm out of one of the desk drawers.

Tom watched the colonel attach the holster under his jacket. “I’ll stay here and make sure everything is alright with the women. Take as many of your people as you need,” he told the colonel.

Daniel found Dominic and Rose in the lounge. “Torres, how would you like to finish this business with Geraldine?” He asked as he approached them.

Dominic stood up. “He’s here? I’d love to get my hands on that bastard. For what he did to our people....... to Rydia. Ya, just lead me to him.”

“Alright, our informants found him. You should come too, Rose.” Daniel told them. “Arm yourselves, I don’t want him to have a chance of escape.”

Ed sat in a booth in a sleazy bar in a bad part of town. He was about as low as he could get. He was almost broke, he had no where to stay and no where to run. How the hell had it come to this? He didn’t even remember how he got involved with the Red Faction. He just remembered being angry because Hellwind had gotten a promotion and he had been passed over. He knew Daniel had earned it, but still........ He’d taken a leave. Gone out and gotten drunk, How had he ended up a general in the Red Faction. Damn whoever got him into this. Damn the Leader...... whoever that is. If he ever got his hands on that guy he’d kill him, with his bare hands.

Edward looked up as the door opened...... he froze. It was that guy they captured on Mar Sara. Captain something......... Torres. The guy who left with Rydia. He was with some other woman..... but he might know where the girl was. He watched as they sat at the bar, he was about to get up and question Dominic when the door opened again......... Hellwind! It was a set up. He wouldn’t get any time to question Torres. Edward turned toward the back door...... Damn, there was a young woman in EDF uniform standing by the door, and she was armed. Edward took the gun out of his pocket and set it on the bench under his hand. He hadn’t expected to use it.

Georgianna looked up as Chad and Arisa approached. She had moved a chair and table out into the sunshine and was leaning back, working on a game on one of the computer tablets she found in the office. It was an old style game, but it passed the time, and she’d been hacking it to make it more fun. “How did it go?” She asked.

“It’s all working fine,” Chad answered. “I just have the access panels to replace. I thought we would take a break, take a walk down to the beach.”

“You should get the job finished,” Georgianna told him, then noticed the look on Arisa’s face. “There still are people looking for that thing so don’t be gone too long.”

Chad looked over at Ben. The big guy was sitting under a tree with his rifle propped next to him, using his knife to carve a bird out of a piece of wood he found. He had a security monitor setting on the ground, it’s green light flashed a couple times, the red light stayed off. The green would be local animals, probably those deer like things that swam between the islands, if there were any humans, the red would flash. “Ben seems to have security covered.” Chad assured her. “If anything comes up, call us.”

“We will, just be careful.” Georgianna told him. She looked up at Arisa as the girl walked past. “Don’t do anything foolish,” she warned her. Arisa frowned. Georgianna sighed. She had to quit acting like the girl’s mother. And, she really wasn’t one to talk, after the last couple days she had spent with John....... He had been there to pick up the pieces, just like after the Tarsonis disaster. Georgianna finally knew that what Rose had told her was true, she needed him as much as he needed her. She just wished John were here, she had wasted so much of their time....... there was so much she had to make up for.

Chad led Arisa down the drive with the base buildings on the left and parking areas on the right. The trail from the shore, where they had landed the shuttle when the first arrived, was to the left behind the last building. Their thoughts were completely filled with each other. Chad knew they were beginning to move beyond the kissing and holding hands stage....... there was so much she could teach him.

As they turned the corner, they were preoccupied, they weren’t expecting to meet anyone. They almost ran head on into the party of intruders. Chad, on the left and closest to the others, reacted with reflexes honed by a life in the lower city. As the soldier in front of him swung his weapon toward Chad, he grabbed the barrel with his left hand, pushed it up and chopped his right hand down hard across his adversaries arms. The soldier howled in pain and fell to his knees, the bones in one arm snapped by the hard blow.

Arisa was a step farther away from the group, and slower to react....... The soldier in front of her centered his weapon on Arisa’s chest and fired.

Georgianna dropped the tablet and bolted out of her chair at the loud crack and Arisa’s painful scream. She sprinted down the drive, pulling her gun from it’s holster as she ran. Fear ran cold in her veins...... what could have happened?

Ben jumped up and snatched up his rifle. He was right behind the captain. That sounded like some kind of gunshot! How could that be? Who could it have been? There had been no alarm on the security monitor.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 4th, 2019, 4:30 pm

oldwrench wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am some might get too "educational" for younger minds....... if that's possible anymore.
Right but for a different reason: copyright. Youporn would never trust us anymore :gg:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 24th, 2019, 5:37 am

Ah the suspense!The colonel is walking in to arrest Edward Geraldine and doesn''t know Geraldine has a gun. Meanwhile, on the island, Arisa has been shot! Who are the intruders? Will Arisa survive? (Japanese anime often unexpectedly kill off main characters....... I watch lots of anime) Will the colonel be shot? Is this whole mission going to end up in tragedy, jinxed by Melpomene, muse of the tragedy? Time will tell.

Chapter 56

Daniel looked around the bar, there were only two others there at this early hour and one of the two he recognized as a gang member. They got up and moved toward the door, that was good, the colonel didn’t want them involved. He nodded acknowledgment as they passed. Daniel walked up to the booth that Geraldine occupied. The man definitely looked worse for the wear since he had last seen him.

“Have a seat, Dan,” Edward told him as his hand tightened on the grip of his gun. “Might as well have one last drink, just like old times......... too bad Johana isn’t with you.”

“Johana’s dead,” Daniel growled.

“Dead? When.... where?” Ed stammered.

“At Mar Sara,” Dan answered. “You murdered her.”

Edward looked confused, “How..... I don’t remember....” he looked down at his drink, “her ship? I didn’t...... the leader ordered that attack...... I....”

“She didn’t die in the ship,” Daniel forced his voice to remain low. “She was in a mech, you murdered her when you used a nuke to destroy it.”

Edward’s head hung down. “Sit down, Dan,” he ordered as his hand tightened on the gun grip.

“I’m taking you in,” Dan informed him.

“Ya, just sit down,” Ed repeated.

Daniel slid into the booth across from Edward. “Ok, Ed, but if you think I’ll have a drink with you, you’re wrong,” Dan told him.

Edward raised the gun above the table, snapped the safety on and laid it in front of Daniel. “I was jealous of you, Dan, because Johana favored you,” Ed told him. “I blamed you when she ran off to the OMI. I even hated you when you were promoted and I wasn’t. I don’t know, I must have snapped, I don’t remember......... I just know I suddenly was a general with the Red Faction. I felt like someone finally recognized my worth. But things happened, the Leader gave orders and I had to carry them out........ I wanted to, at first. I thought I was getting payback at the EDF..... it felt good. But it was all wrong, I knew it inside, even though I wouldn’t admit it. Things I didn’t remember, but later knew I’d done......... After Mar Sara, after I ran, I started to remember things, started to fight whatever was making me do things. I wish you’d just shoot me, Dan........ I killed Johana....... Just shoot me, get rid of these headaches, get rid of this guilt. I can’t take it anymore.”

Daniel picked up the gun and ran his thumb over the safety. I wish I could, Ed, I wish you had tried to run...... I wanted so badly to avenge Johana.” Dan told him. “But I won’t do it, that would be too easy. Im taking you in. You’re going to tell us everything you know about the Red Faction......... and I hope they have to torture it out of you.”

“ARISA!” Chad spun around toward her.

“Damn it, THAT HURT!” Arisa screamed as she stepped forward and swung a hard right hook to the creature’s jaw. It’s head snapped around and it dropped like a sack of sand.

“Arisa,” Chad repeated as he grabbed her arm and looked for an injury. There was no blood, not even a hole in her shirt, just a dark burned spot. “Are you alright?” He pleaded.

Arisa rubbed the sore spot on her chest. “Ya, it’s electric, like a riot club....... It hurts!.”

Aah’n backed away in panic...... He’d seen the frightened thrant soldier push the weapon to it’s maximum. That charge would have stunned a molitor, it should have been fatal to a being of this size, or at minimum, left them unconscious. It had only managed to anger this one, and the small being had knocked out, maybe killed, the soldier with one blow. As he backed between the rear two soldiers he saw them fumbling with their weapons. “Drop the weapons,” he squawked at them in their own language, “Throw them down.... they’re useless....” He had to do something, this was his first encounter with a new race, It was what he was trained to do, but it wasn’t supposed to go like this......... all his training....... He had to try to communicate, he had been studying their odd language.... “Please, don’t destroy us, we are friends,” he told them, hoping he had said it right.

Arisa glared at them, not thinking about the strange situation. “Like hell you are,” she yelled at them, pointing at the one on the ground, “he shot me!”

“It was an error,” Aah’n pleaded. “The thrant was frightened by your sudden appearance. Please, we do not wish for conflict.”

Satisfied that Arisa wasn’t badly injured, and seeing the others throw down their weapons, Chad finally let the unreality of the moment sink in. They weren’t human........ The four on the outside had dark, brown-grey skin. It looked like leather and had overlaps at the joints like a rhinoceros. They were about 1.7 meters tall, stout build and hairless with a thick tail like a lizard. The round head had large eyes like a frog and the mouth was like a duck’s bill. They had no visible ears. Each wore what appeared to be a one piece suit with short pant legs and sleeves. The other, the one in the middle that had spoken to them was slightly taller and thin. It was covered by short golden hair. To Chad it looked surprisingly feline, with cat like ears and eyes with slitted pupils. The mouth was a short muzzle but the teeth were flat like a plant eater, not a carnivore. It wore dark knee length shorts and a white shirt....... it didn’t have a tail.Chad felt like this was a dream.... there were no aliens.....

Aah’n was confused, nothing was what they had expected. The small one appeared to be female, not fully developed, probably immature....... But! So strong, and impervious to their weapon. The other was male, lean and much taller than their research would indicate. They both had reacted faster than Aah’n could believe and the tall one had broken the thrant soldier’s arm like it was a twig. Now the tall one was pointing the weapon at them, and at the setting it was on, it would be lethal. Somehow he had to convince these beings............ Aah’n was startled as two more of the beings rushed around the corner. His knees almost gave out in panic.

Georgianna rounded the corner and skidded to a stop when she saw the strange beings facing Chad and Arisa. Ben almost ran over the captain as he rounded the corner. He had to grab her arm to keep her from falling down. Georgianna pushed away from Ben. She was shaking as she pointed her gun at the aliens...... “Who....what are they?....... Where did they come from?” She stammered.

Ben was a bit calmer as he leveled his gun in the alien’s direction. “I don’t think those guys are from around here, captain,” he answered Georgianna’s question.

“That’s obvious!” Georgianna almost screamed at Ben, “but what are they?” She pointed her gun from one alien to the other, the picture of aliens she had seen in her mind still haunting her.

“Take it easy, captain,” Chad tried to calm her. “They say they want to be friends. I’m not sure how much to trust them yet, but they dropped their arms so I’m willing to give them a chance.”

“If they’re the ones who were messing around in my head...... that put that thing in there......” Anger and fear boiled up in Georgianna, threatening to overwhelm her. “I won’t give them another chance.”

“We don’t know that yet,” Chad barked. “Put your weapon down until we get some answers.”

Aah’n tried to steady his nerves, but these two were an even bigger shock. The one was female, taller than he expected though still appeared not fully developed. The other was the cause of Aah’n’s terror. It was a male, but a monster....... Was he a different species? He had the same characteristics as the others, but how could there be such a difference in size? The male was as tall as a molitor and probably massed more. His arms were as big around as Aah’n’s waist! Worse....he seemed to move as quickly as the others...... and if his strength was proportional to theirs.......The weapon he carried was massive, and looked frighteningly deadly. If their weapon only cause pain for the small one, it would do nothing but annoy this giant.

Aah’n almost missed what the female was saying. He jerked to alertness when her meaning came to him. “What is this the female is saying?” He asked Chad. “Is she controlled by another.”

“Someone put something in her head, they were trying to control her,” Chad answered.

“”We are too late, the slavers are here,” Aah’n said as he started to back away. “She is under their control.”

“Like hell I am,” Georgianna shouted as she pointed her gun at them again. “I kicked them out....... if you did this.....”

“Wait, Georgianna!” Chad stopped her. “Who are the slavers?” He demanded of the alien.

Aah‘n cried out in some strange language, then returned to the human tongue.“The enemy!” Aah’n wailed in a shaky voice. “She has their implant. They control her, even if they are not here.”

“No!” Georgianna shouted. “It’s gone, I got rid of it.” Georgianna swung the gun from one to the other of the aliens, but she hesitated. They weren’t the same as the ones she had seen in her head. The others were different, some insect like, one like a catepillar with tentacles, one like a bear........

“Nobody is being controlled,” Chad told them. He turned toward Aah’n. “Something strange is going on here and we need to get to the bottom of it. Who are these slavers?”

“Our enemy,” the alien answered, “they take over your mind, you can’t resist them. You have to do whatever they command. They take over a beings will and force them to be subservient. They have a limited range for most species unless they use their implant. They use the implant to program beings, to control them from long distances. There is no way to remove the slaver implant. If we remove it, it just grows back. We can never remove all of it....... They must be controlling the female.”

“THEY ARE NOT!” Georgianna screamed swinging her gun back and forth.

Ben shouldered his rifle and grabbed the barrel of the captain’s gun, lifting it out of line of the aliens. “They aren’t armed, captain,” he said gently, “I don’t think you need this.”

Chad relaxed a bit when Ben intervened with Georgianna. He looked back at Aah’n. “Whatever it is they implanted, her immune system destroyed it,” he assured the alien. “They tried to take control of her and they couldn’t. And, she isn’t the only one. The princess said there have been several others who have acted the same. It seems their attempts at control don’t work very well.”

“But how could it??” Aah’n was stunned, this had never happened before. “Once they enter your mind you have to obey them.”

Georgianna let Ben take her gun. “No you don’t.” She told the alien. “They tried to force me to shoot some people, but I wouldn’t. I fought them....... I saw them, in my head...... they were afraid.”

“They could not control.........” Aah’n felt hope rising amid his fear of these strange beings. The female had resisted the Tnukt slaver. The League had dreamed of finding a race that could face the slavers without bowing down to them.

Ben knelt down next to the unconscious thrant and handed Arisa the weapon he picked up from the ground. “Hey, mister cat, is this one going to be ok?”

What is a cat? It took Aah’s several moments to figure out that the huge male was addressing him, and that he meant no harm, but actually was trying to help. He spoke in the strange language to one of the thrant. The soldier warily knelt down and checked the other. After some words in the strange language, Aah’n answered Ben. “It is unconscious but does not appear to be badly injured. These two should have medical attention.”

Chad made his decision, “I can’t just let you leave. We’ll have to take you back with us. I can get the colonel on the com, he’ll know how to handle this..... Um, there are medical supplies in the med room. We’ll do what we can for them till then.”

Ben handed Georgianna her gun then picked up the downed alien and swung him over his shoulder. “Lead on captain,” he told her.

Aahn felt.... relief?.... confusion? He had expected the situation to turn ugly. He had expected at a minimum to be treated badly and in chains. His guards had initiated hostilities, yet these strange beings were offering aid and the hope of negotiations.

Chad and Arisa made sure the alien with the broken arm could walk, then followed the others toward the hangar. “Some one has been trying to start a war between the colonies and the empire,” he told Arisa. “We might have found the answer to that, if what these....... um.... guys are telling us is true.”

“You mean a civil war, so we kill each other off?” She replied

“Ya, could be,” Chad answered. “It might answer a lot of questions.” Chad felt good, They had found Dominic and Rydia, the Atropos mech was repaired and operating, they had made a first contact with aliens and maybe prevented a civil war. Most important, Arisa was alright after being shot by the alien weapon. The mission appeared to be a complete success. Nothing could spoil his good mood. What could go wrong?

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 24th, 2019, 11:21 am

Mew mew :love:
The last few weeks have been hell on earth (Lucy McFur is my witness) I got a new job and it's very stressful but gladly well paied. I finally got the guys to pay my some respect :gg: and no I didn't trade them "educational" anime. I'm the tester-girl for a very large software purroject and any release is only released with my okay. Not to mention that I have responsibility for any- and everything that happens after. Not simple but very much rewarding. :meh:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 24th, 2019, 11:24 am

oldwrench wrote: February 24th, 2019, 5:37 am(Japanese anime often unexpectedly kill off main characters....... I watch lots of anime)
And I regularly refuse to buy these botches, like Final Fantasy 15. They let Lunafreya die and I'll close my wallet :meh: