The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by oldwrench » August 9th, 2013, 7:17 am

A really nasty hail storm went through the cities just north of us. I hope it didn't hit JH's car. The pictures from the local tv news showed the windows all smashed out of the cars in their own parking lot. It was kind of funny, the weather man was reporting on the storm and the damage it was causing when they told him his car windows were broken out. The storm covered a couple hundred mile path with a lot of damage.

Do any of you have hail storms? This one had hail stones larger than golf balls.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Haha, that is kinda funny xD

When we have hail storms they're usually not that bad.. Though we have had a few times that the hail stones were as large as tennis balls - if I can believe the stories that is. Never seen them myself.

Thinking of a cool cover for an artbook is hard.. ;-;
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 16th, 2013, 7:14 pm

No hail from that storm here. In fact we barley got any rain out of that. And it hasn't rained here since that storm.
We need rain... :sob:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 20th, 2013, 10:35 pm

I freaking hate my university.
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 23rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

What did they do Hiki?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 24th, 2013, 6:26 am

Now where have I heard that before, Hiki? Oh ya, I said it many years ago, or something like it. I think most college students say it at some point. I hope things are going better for you by now. Hang in there, you'll make it.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 24th, 2013, 8:38 am

They can't organise. I had to see which classes I would follow for my minor and there was this bold text saying 'click here to see when the classes are for your study' so I clicked it, naturally, because I don't study English and the minor is part of English. That link brought me to a schedule stating Japanstudies had the classes on Tuesday and Wednesday, but it didn't say which classes or where. Just the day and time.. Going back to the other schedule to see whether there were any Tuesdays or Wednesdays listed there... None! Only Mondays.
So I mailed English about it whose contact then very politely (not!) replied with 'I don't know where you are looking but the information is right here.' He gave me the link to the Monday schedule. Again I mailed, providing the link I had clicked on. He refers me to another person (because obviously he doesn't get it either) and after mailing her I get pretty much the same reply as I got from him except then nicer. But that still wasn't my question (and I provided links and everything so she just didn't read) so I had to mail her again. Now, finally, it is resolved with a not so pleasant outcome for me; that schedule stating I had the classes on Tuesday and Wednesday shouldn't have been there. There was only one group of a certain class that fits in my schedule and it's already full =_=.. If that arse from English had told me that the other schedule should be disregarded straight away I would have been able to join the group no problem! So this story will be continued since I mailed them asking them how I could join that group after all because I am not taking no for an answer~

And my study-coordinator or whatever you call it hasn't replied to my mail. It was a very important mail for me and she just doesn't reply! There's this problem with a text seminar because I wanted to join a certain teacher's seminar but someone (I don't know who or why) put me in the other teacher's seminar. I mailed her about it whether this had a reason and whether I couldn't switch to the other guy's seminar. No reply. So I decided to take heed of what happened with my English minor and took matters into my own hands. I deleted the text seminar I was in and joined the other one =w=

Also, I get nauseous from everything I eat... It's annoying ;-;

Sorry for the long post ^^;
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 27th, 2013, 10:35 pm

That sucks. It sounds like a lot of the tech support that I have had to deal with in the past.

As for my crap, I am going to Sogencon this weekend. (That's not crap.) But this will be the last Sogencon ever. :sob: Now that is crap.

Oh well, it was a good run.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 28th, 2013, 2:52 pm

I would have liked to have made it to Sogen con but I just couldn't get away. The last one, bummer. Bad deal for my son, he bought a lifetime membership.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 28th, 2013, 3:28 pm

That does suck. Originally Sogencon was going to merge with another con and the lifetime memberships were going to be honored by that convention, but the merge was cancled due to financial issues.