good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: good things

Post by Hiki » July 5th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Congrats on your new (used) welder!

Though I thought I completely failed my Buddhist Art test, I had enough to pass the course anyway! And I also got accepted for the Society and Culture Cluster (weird stuff my university came up with) which I wanted, so I'm very happy! =D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 9th, 2013, 6:28 am

Congrats on passing, and on being accepted into the "weird stuff". That sounds like a very interesting class.

My daughter and son in law came over on Friday and helped finish the Lilac planting in my yard. Rachel is really good at setting the brick border and James and I got most of the rocks dug up and moved, my wife rinsed the dirt off the rocks so now the bed around the lilacs looks nice and clean. I still have that front brick sidewalk to re-lay. I have a driving job tomorrow morning, and they figure rain for the afternoon. Oh well, I'll get it done some day.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » July 11th, 2013, 6:21 pm

We got much needed rain in the past few days with more on the way this weekend. My plans for tomorrow are to cut the grass, put down tree fertalizer spikes a, and put fertalizer on the grass. If I can get that done in the few hours after work once I get home, it will be a good day.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 14th, 2013, 6:10 am

Need this much? we had 2 inches here, some areas near here had 7 inches of rain.

I was to a family reunion today, my mom's side, I saw a bunch of my cousins, and the last remaining sister from my mom's family, she turned 100 years old a few months ago.

I got a new telephone, now I just need to learn how this thing works.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » July 15th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I forgot to post this, but last month I signed up and started pay for a trip to Japan next year. S I will finally get to go to Japan like I have wanted to for years. :thumb:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 19th, 2013, 4:53 am

I wanna go to Japan. ....... might go to Thailand this year for a tour, maybe Burma as an extension.

Supposed to get cooler tomorrow. That would be nice, I have to drive the wife up to Bemidji MN tomorrow. That's about a 5 hour drive, around 250 miles. She lectures tomorrow night, then teaches Saturday. I drive back Saturday evening.

I had another 2 hours of work today, not a long drive but an hour of waiting in between.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 21st, 2013, 6:27 pm

Wow, awesome!! =D Take lots of pictures when you go!
I'm going to Japan next year as well - either holiday or work - when I'm done with my study :)

Thailand is awesome too! If you do go there I hope you take lots of pictures and show them here =D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 26th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Ok Hiki, I'll try to take pictures. My wife booked a tour for us in January, Thailand with an extension to Burma. It sounds very interesting, we even get to ride on elephants. I'm sure it will be a real culture shock. The cultures in central and south America are a bit different, but still very much like our own. But going to an Asian country, that should be very different. I'll know even less of the language than I did of Spanish.

Well, I'm sitting in a coffee shop in New Prague Minnesota, waiting for my latest client to finish his appointment and call. Yesterday it was a trip of over 5 hours, almost four of that was driving time. When I get done with this run, I have to drive to the airport and pick up the wife. She gets back from Spokane Washington. Another two hours of driving. I'll have a lot of time on the road this week.

I keep forgetting to bring my camera, I wonder if my new phone camera would work. I just can't move the pictures from the phone to the computer. Maybe I can send them by e-mail? I don't know, I'm too old for these new fangled gadgets.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 26th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Doesn't your phone have a USB thing? Otherwise you can, indeed, mail them to yourself (as long as you have internet) or put them in your dropbox or something :) That's what I do when I need stuff from my iPad (and I am more than often too lazy to connect it to the computer).
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » July 29th, 2013, 11:14 pm

Your going to Japan again Hiki? I thought you were just there last year. If you make it there again before I do I will be really annoyed. (Not really, more envious :meh: ) I am going May 27 - June 5. When are you going?