The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by Sakura » May 31st, 2012, 4:17 pm

JHawkNH wrote:I actually learned programming in C++. Although it has been years since I last used it.
If you have any problems or questions I may be able to help.
Ok here's my question: WTF?!?!?!
My understanding stopped the moment I went into the "STL" chapter. :pat: :pat: :pat:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » May 31st, 2012, 4:59 pm

Sakura wrote: Ok here's my question: WTF?!?!?!
My understanding stopped the moment I went into the "STL" chapter. :pat: :pat: :pat:
STL chapter? Is that a chapter on structures or something else?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » June 1st, 2012, 4:42 am

I find it funny that the one that knows C++ doesn't seem to know what you're talking about. Goes to show how complicated it can be :gg:

Thank batman for java and perl.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 8th, 2012, 9:17 am

[quote="Zeratul2k"]IThank batman for java and perl.[/quote
I know C++ and perl I just don't understand it.
The languages itself is easy to master it's less than 1% of the effort to program something useful.
And Java is Oracle... go away!! ^^

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » June 8th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Sakura wrote:And Java is Oracle... go away!! ^^
I mostly use IcedTea, and OpenJDK where I just cannot use the truly open alternatives.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 10th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Iced Tea sounds good to me. Java really is too slow for my taste.
You "can" a language if you know the structure and keywords: if (x=10000) then {}
But you still cannot master a language without any interfaces like buttons, interfaces and windows. I can say I know C++ now. It's just not any good.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » June 12th, 2012, 2:20 am

Are all y'all speaking English? You lost me way back there at the first mention of C++. Isn't that a grade you can get in school?

*le sigh*. I am left home alone (well, alone with a hyperactive 4 yr old and a crabby 3 month old) yet again. The hubby just got back from a week in Korea (the lucky poo!), and is now gone for 5 days in LA. Me? Oh, sans-children travel adventures extend as far as the nearest grocery store and last about an hour. Ah well. Two days after he gets back from this trip, I go back to work and HE'LL be stuck with the kids for 9+ hours! :gg:
Vent done.
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 12th, 2012, 9:48 am

You're actually hoping to give him a reward? :gg:

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 12th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Well if you need a break, that's what grandparents are for. You drop them off there for the day, enjoy 4-5 hours of alone time, and pick them up after that. The only downside to this is that the grandparents spoil them rotton and they are all sugared up by the time you pick them up.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » June 13th, 2012, 5:37 am

Was playing League of Legends, getting some practice as an AD (Attack Damage) Carry (the one that "carries" the team's score. i.e., the one with the highest score) Ashe in 5x5 games, and managed to get the impressive score of 23/3/2 (23 kills, 3 deaths, 2 assists), almost triple that of the closest person. First time ever, too. I was single-handedly double and triple-killing in the last moments of the game, even. But, my team was made up of 2 noobs, 1 afk and just another good player that was playing a support character so he wasn't much help.

To make a long story short, even though I got an incredibly high score (for my level) we still lost horribly...

Damn noobs.