Gakkou S3

Moderator: Raine

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Gakkou S3

Post by oldwrench » March 10th, 2012, 6:47 am

*Kimara led Keon to her home. Her children were at school and Daiki was off with his group of Kitsune. Keon set the bag of groceries he had carried for her on the counter. Kimara smiled, he seemed like a nice boy. Since he was an orphan, perhaps he just needed a bit of friendly adult help.*

Kimara: Thank you for carrying my groceries, Keon. Here, let me take your hat for you.

*Keon tensed as he felt it coming. She was going to take his hat!*

Keon: No! You can't take my hat.......

*But he didn't sense any guile in her actions. She wasn't going to grab for it, she wasn't trying to take it away. Keon relaxed.*

Keon: I.... It's just, I don't like to take my hat off. I'd feel......

Kimara smiled: That's alright, you don't have to take it off if it would bother you....... How about I make you a sandwich for helping me.

Keon's eyes lit up: Oh, that would be really nice.... thank you.

*Kimara turned toward the cupboard, a thoughtful look on her face. She'd seen the fear on the boys face, he's hiding something, but perhaps, in time, she could get him to reveal it. More troubling, when he'd reacted, she'd felt a strong compulsion to back off, to let him keep his hat on. Kimara knew that had not come from her own thoughts. Could he have been telling the truth? Could he actually force a person to do something?*

*Kimara watched the boy devour the large sandwich and drink she'd made for him. She got the distinct impression the boy hadn't had anything to eat in a while. He could really pack it away for someone so small. After he was done, Kimara gave him the addresses to a couple of low rent rooming houses in the neighborhood. She told him to come back when he had found a place to stay. She'd be happy to have him stop in any time. Kimara watched the boy walk away. There were definitely some mysteries about that boy. Maybe she could find out more about what had happened at school from Lorelei. She would be in the same year class as Keon, and she often helped with the neighborhood children.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 17th, 2012, 4:24 pm

*The girl spotted the boy coming from Kimara's house and turned to Lorelei.*

Girl: Ne, ne, is he new here?

Lorelei: Who knows?

*Lorelei shrugged. But then she looked closer. It was that little boy from her class! What was he doing there? Lorelei sighed and wanted to tell the girl to go the other way, but the girl was already running towards him, waving and shouting greetings his way. Lorelei cursed under her breath and followed the girl.*
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 18th, 2012, 4:59 am

*Keon was looking down at the addresses on the paper that Kimara had given him. He was wondering which he should inquire at first. Kimara had assured him they would rent him a room at a cost he could afford. The kindness of the woman, and the quietness of the neighborhood had lulled Keon. He wasn't paying any attention to the people around him. suddenly there was a little girl blocking his path. Startled, he reached out toward her mind, but all he sensed was curiosity and friendliness.*

Girl: Hey, did you see obasan Kimara? Are you her friend? Are you new here? Are you going to live here? Do you want to play a game with me? We're going to my house. Lorelei is coming.

*Keon was at first overwhelmed by the little girl's string of questions. He was about to tell her he had to leave....... until she mentioned Lorelei. Keon looked up and froze.*

Keon: Lorelei........... I didn't.......didn't mean for that to happen. I'm really sorry, that wasn't what I wanted.

*Keon wanted to run away, he was sure Lorelei hated him for what he'd done, but he was caught between Kimara's house and the girls. He searched, but he didn't sense the anger and hate from Lorelei that he expected. Instead, he sensed her confusion. She didn't understand what he was talking about. She hadn't seen him since yesterday, and she couldn't think of anything he'd done that he would be apologizing for.*

*Kimara went to answer her phone. It was her friend Aki. They'd been good friends since they had been in school together. After their greetings Aki got right to her reason for calling.*

Aki: One of Toru's school friends is missing. We were looking for him last night and think he may have gotten the wrong idea why. He ran off. Maybe the kids can keep an eye out for him. He doesn't have any parents and was living alone. He's a bit smaller than Toru, with dark hair and dark eyes. He's always wearing a black knit cap. We think he's.........

Kimara gasped: Keon?

Aki: You Know him?

Kimara: He was just here. I met him on the subway. He was going to look for a room.

Aki: Kimara, we have to find him. We think he might be Selene's brother.

Kimara: What??

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » March 19th, 2012, 5:24 am

((sorry guys been real sick :( and my phone has been real mean by keeping me online.so sorry for not answering your messages.for the time being ill let keone and lorelei develop their characters since z2k is busy.as soon as keone comes back to school ill work something out :) )) :thumb:
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 20th, 2012, 9:35 pm

*Lorelei raised her eyebrow.*

Lorelei: What are you talking about? If there's anyone you should say sorry to, it's Kaede. She seemed really worried about you not being at school.

*Lorelei wagged her finger at Keon and then crossed her arms in front of her chest. She didn't want to be too mean in front of the girl, but she didn't want him to think they were friends or anything either.*

Lorelei: Well then, aren't you going to answer Lola's questions?

*She nodded at the girl, who was staring at him expectantly.*
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 21st, 2012, 5:14 am

*Keon frowned...... Kaede? She knew why he wasn't there, she was with Toru when...... No, she hadn't been with Toru when he brought that woman. Didn't she know they were after him? And why didn't Lorelei think he should apologize to her for........ Oh! He finally realized, she wouldn't have known that he made Toru spray her.And, why had it even mattered to him? Lorelei wasn't even nice to him. Keon looked at the little girl pulling at his hand. He smile, at least little children were innocent of guile. Keon knelt down."

Keon: Lola, that's a nice name. Yes, I'm new here and I just met Kimara-san today. I don't know if I'll be living here yet. *He knew he couldn't look for a room there, now that Lorelei knew he was there.*

Aki: Keon's Family name is Kanemaki. *Aki heard Kimara's skeptical remark.* He had a picture, of his mother and father, It was Selene's father in the picture.

*Kimara hurried toward her front window.*

Kimara: He just left, he was going to look for a room near here. Maybe I could find him if.......... Oh, wait, he's just out front, talking to Lorelei. If I hurry I could catch him.

Aki: Wait! Kimara, Keon is an esper, he can feel a person's emotions. We think that's why he ran. You know how impulsive Selene is, we think he misinterpreted her overzealous desire to find him.

Kimara: Oh...... Alright, I'll try to invite him to come in with Lorelei. Maybe I can convince him to stay for a bit.

Aki: I'll get hold of Selene. Maybe we can get them together, if I can get Selene to calm down a bit.

*Kimara stepped out the door and walked toward the kids.*

Kimara: Well Lola, I see you've met Keon. Maybe you should bring him inside, I have some fresh cookies. Hi Lorelei, you must be in the same class as Keon. Why don't you come in too........ Oh my, what happened to you...... *Kimara laughed.* Let me guess, sprayed by a ramune bottle? Those things can be such a nasty surprise when you open them. *She put her arm around Lorelei.* Oh, don't let it bother you, it happens to the best of us. Come on in and have a cookie.

*Keon was about to tell them he really had to leave when the little girl pulled him toward the door.*

Lola: Come on..... Obasan Kimara makes the bestest cookies ever. You go to school with Lorelei? Is she your girlfriend?

*Keon couldn't just pull away from the little girl. He didn't want to hurt her feelings. And, a few more minutes wouldn't matter, then he'd be gone.*

Keon: Ok, I'd really like a cookie............ ah.... NO!..... I mean, yes, we go to school together, but, I just met Lorelei, she isn't my girlfriend. *Keon quickly glanced at Lorelei........ What was that he'd just sensed from her? Keon let Lola lead him toward the house, following Kimara and Lorelei. He thought Lorelei had pretty hair.*

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 21st, 2012, 6:27 pm

*Lorelei sighed and started walking with Kimara.*

Lola: Come on... Obasan Kimara makes the bestest cookies ever. You go to school with Lorelei? Is she your girlfriend?

*What the hell was that girl thinking?! Lorelei knew the girl didn’t know any better, but it was a ridiculous assumption and she was rather annoyed by it. Lorelei would never allow someone to get that close to her.*

Keon: ...I mean, yes, we go to school together, but, I just met Lorelei, she isn't my girlfriend.

*Lorelei smiled slightly. At least he got that straight.*
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 22nd, 2012, 4:50 am

*Keon sat by the kitchen table as Lola ran to the cookie jar, digging out cookies and putting them on a plate. Kimara got out glasses and a bottle of milk. Lorelei sat at the far end of the table from Keon.*

Kimara: You should be careful not to shake those bottles before you open them, Lorelei.

*Lorelei grumped that it wasn't like that. She told Kimara what had happened. Angrily telling he that Toru was going to pay for that.*

Keon, quietly: I didn't mean that to happen, not to you.

*Keon looked up..... He felt the questions in her thoughts.* Damn, why had he said that. If she thought it was Toru's fault, well he deserved it. But, he really felt bad that Lorelei had been involved..... But, it was Rosalynne he felt bad about....... wasn't it. No, it was Lorelei that he had thought about. Why did she always seem annoyed with him. Why did she try to hide her true self?*

*Kimara could see Lorelei was about to say something, but she didn't want to lose this opportunity. Perhaps it had to do with the reason Keon said he couldn't go back to the school.*

Kimara, gently: What happened, Keon. Why do you think it's your fault that Toru sprayed the girls?

Keon: I did it. *Keon looked down, his cookie crumbled in his hands.* I was angry, I wanted Toru to do something bad and get in trouble. But, I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want the girls to be hurt, but once I did it, I couldn't stop it.

Kimara: How could you make Toru do something bad? ........Why were you angry, Keon?

Keon: Sometimes, if I'm scared, or really upset, people do things that I want them too. I wanted Toru to get in trouble, he deserved it, because he betrayed me. He said he was my friend, but he was lying.

Kimara: Toru wouldn't betray you, Keon.

Keon: Yes he did! He brought that military lady to arrest me and put me in prison.

Kimara: You misunderstood, Keon. There's no reason to arrest you. They were.....

Keon, in tears: Yes they do, because of this. *Keon took off his hat, He saw Lorelei's eyes get big, and immediately regretted it.* They think I'm a telepath, and I heard what they did to the genesis people who were making telepaths, they put them in prison. That's why I have to run away.

Kimara: Please, Keon, you have to understand, that isn't how things are. They didn't imprison people for being telepaths, it was for many other crimes they committed. Selene wasn't trying to arrest you, she wouldn't do that, but she want's very much to talk to you. Keon, your father, in the picture you showed Toru, he is also Selene's father. Selene's family name was Kanemaki, and if that picture is your parents....... Selene is your sister.

*Keon stared at Kimara in disbelief........ he hardly even noticed when Lola stood on the stool next to him and ran her hand over one of his horns,*

Lola: Wow! That is way cool.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 23rd, 2012, 5:48 pm

((Today's (been) busy, so this'll have to do ^^;))

*Lorelei listened to what Keon was saying. She wanted to yell at him for what he had done, but she knew how hard it was to keep something a secret from everyone else. Lorelei felt for the boy and with him almost crying, she wasn't quite sure what to do anymore. She sighed, got up from her chair, and walked to Keon. Deciding that getting angry at him wouldn’t do much good at that moment, she patted his head.*

Lorelei: There, there. It seems you got yourself worked up for nothing, doesn’t it?
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 25th, 2012, 7:59 am

*Keon felt terribly ashamed. All this time, he thought the others, those bullies that made his life miserable, were the evil ones. Now he knew, he was just like them. He'd been hurt and angry, he'd lashed out at the one he thought was guilty........ but he was wrong, and now they would all hate him.*

Keon: Nothing....... that makes me just like them. Now you all hate me, and it's my fault. I'm so sorry, Lorelei, I only wanted to be a friend. Now, I'll have to go.

*Keon got up to leave but at the kitchen door he froze. She's here, and Toru with her. Had it all been a lie? Had Kimara called them to come after him? No, he only felt concern and friendship from her. The front door to the house opened, and Selene stood in the doorway. She was taller and more muscular than Keon had remembered. It couldn't be true........ could it? He was alone, he had no family....... did he?

*Selene stopped in the doorway, afraid to step in, afraid the boy may run away again. She had to talk to him. She had to know.*

*Keon tried to step back, but Kimara was behind him. He reached out toward Selene's mind, he saw her anxiety, her need to know...... her hope.*

Selene held out the picture: This picture....... are these really your parents. Please, tell me the truth.