Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by Zeratul2k » July 27th, 2009, 6:25 am

* Meanwhile, deep in the forest outside of a small wooden house, a young looking, bespectacled man in a robe was standing defiantly in front of a small group of soldiers. More soldiers (the rest of the 50-strong platoon) where waiting a few hundred meters away from the house. *

???: I already told you I'm not going anywhere. Now beat it!

Soldier: We are under orders to bring you with us, don't make us do it the hard way!

* The young man looked at him and smirked. As if they could. Not with this few men. He shrugged and turned around towards the house. The soldiers drew their swords and started walking towards him. *

Soldier: Wait! I said wait!

* The young man turned around, his hands glowing blue. He pointed at the soldiers while their expressions changed to one of fear. *

???: Icicle Edge!

* Thin spears of ice fired forward from his hands, impaling the soldiers. The rest of the soldiers, hearing the commotion, started rushing towards the house. The young man took a small pendant hanging from his neck and, while holding it, started casting a spell. *

???: I am he who hath entrusted his soul to the eternal vortex of time! Ye know me! And if ye do not, ye shall be made to know me! It shall be engraved on thy very soul, Lezard Valeth! If ye shall accept the brand of Hel upon thee, thy sanctions shall in turn be lowered! I shall grant thee the deliverance of thy soul, and ye shall come now before me!

* As he finished casting the spell, a glowing circle in front of him rose from the ground. As it did, it revealed a 2 meter tall, humanoid monster resembling a dragon, holding a sword almost as tall as it was. Some of the soldiers stopped at the sight of the monster, while others kept charging mindlessly. *

Soldier: Impossible! A Dragon-Tooth warrior!

Lezard: You'll have to excuse me now, I have pressing matters to attend to... but don't despair, my good friend here will keep you kids company. Have fun now!

* The Dragon-Tooth warrior advanced towards the soldiers as Lezard simply turned around and headed into the wooden house. *

---- ---- ----

* Silmeria stopped and looked around. There was a fork in the road ahead. Christian stopped next to her and scratched his head. *

Christian: So? Which way?

* Silmeria closed her eyes and lowered her head. If she focused enough, she could sense things only the Valkyries could sense. Death was one, but there where other things as well. Just as she was feeling a good hunch from the left side of the road, the feeling of death coming from the forest overwhelmed her. She opened her eyes and gasped, surprised at what she had felt. *

Christian: What? What was that?

Silmeria: That way!

* She was pointing straight ahead through the fork. *

Christian: Hmm... there's no road there?

Silmeria: I know, but I felt something that way... we have to hurry!

* Christian looked at Alfred and Selene. Then at Silmeria again. *

Christian: I don't think we can...

Silmeria: Oh, please!

* She then started walking ahead of the group without waiting. Christian sighed and looked at Alfred and Selene again. *

Christian: Just tell me if you need help with anything, ok? I don't think she'll slow down for now...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » August 14th, 2009, 11:28 am

*Lyra glared at Lukas.*

Lyra: I can't believe you stopped us to go buy food. They could have left already!

Lukas, chewing: So? It's not like we'll die without them...'sides we know where they're going. We can just follow them.

*Lyra shook her head as she shifted the position of the strap of her bag.*

Lyra: Fine, fine...let's just hurry.

---

*Lyra and Lukas had managed to get out of the bustling town and into the forest. As they followed the worn dirt road Lyra saw the small figure of Alfred with his donkey. Getting closer the twins noticed at the a girl that looked like she was arguing with--Lyra squinted-- what looked like a wolf, stood beside the old man.*

*The twins hadn't made much of a sound as they neared the two but the wolf had suddenly turned to them, fangs bared and growling menacingly. Startled Lyra took a step back while Lukas stepped in front of her. The wolf seemed to be glaring at them, ready to strike if they made another move. Lukas glared right back looking as if he would hurt the wolf if it moved another inch towards them.*

*Lyra glanced at Alfred and saw that he wasn't afraid, she felt relief. If the old man wasn't afraid then surely the wolf wasn't that dangerous. The donkey beside Alfred snorted and Lyra saw one of the wolf's ear twitch. She placed a hand on Lukas' shoulder and the wolf snarled. Lyra looked at the brunette who had a despairing expression.*

Lyra, to Selene: If you don't mind, miss...could you call off your wolf before mine tries to kill it. *Lukas whirled to face her and she gave him a toothy grin. She reached out and petted his head. Lukas redirected his glare at his sister, although it was less murderous and half-hearted at best. Lyra heard Alfred chuckling.*

((I'm sorry if I messed it up,this it the first meeting with Selene so... :swt: anyways I'll post as much as possible! ))
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 14th, 2009, 5:42 pm

*Alfred rapped the wolf on the head with his cane.*

Alfred: Behave now, sir wolf, these are our friends....... ah, Lika and lumire???? No, that's not right. Just a minute I wrote it down.

*As Alfred paged through a small black book, the wolf turned ready to pounce on the old man. Hati saw Selene shake her head and stopped.*

Hati: Alright....... this time, but I'm not going to take that from the old guy.

Igor: Oh get a spine, puppy...... I thought wolves were supposed to be tough. One little tap and you get all growly.

Hati: Watch it. big ears. or you're dog meat.

Alfred: Ah yes, It's Lyra and Lukas....... this is Selene and her companion Hati. A most interesting pair, she can actually converse with the wolf........ just amazing. Silmeria and Christian have rushed off into the woods....... so impulsive, the young ones. Perhaps we should follow them?
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » August 15th, 2009, 11:43 am

*Lyra hooked her hand in Lukas' collar and gently pulled. Their eyes met and Lukas moved beside her.*

Lyra: Thank you Alfred. *Lyra gave the old man a perfectly polite smile. She turned her gaze to Selene, a girl who can actually converse with a wolf? How interesting. With the same smile Lyra reached for Selene's hand -Hati growled again- and shook it. Selene looked at her a little shocked.* Nice to meet you.

*Lukas didn't acknowledge Selene but kept his guard up, he would sooner kill himself than let that wolf even try to hurt his sister.* Lukas, to Alfred: What did you mean rushed off?

*Alfred explained that Silmeria had heard something but he didn't know what and she went rushing off the road into the forest with Christian following her. He pointed to where Silmeria and Christian headed and led Igor there. Lukas followed him grabbing Lyra's hand and pulling her along.*

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 18th, 2009, 6:18 pm

* Christian stopped once he saw the horses. All of them had normal-looking harnesses, but there where swords and arrows among the packs. He took an arrow from one of the quivers and examined while Silmeria kept walking ahead. He recognized the feather colors, they were from Alberta's Royal Guard. He looked back the way he had come and saw Alfred, Selene, Lyra and Lukas (and the beasts) walking up to him. *

Christian: Sorry about running off on you guys, but Silmeria... heard something up ahead.

* When asked about the arrow he was still holding, he held it up to face level, showing it to them. *

Christian: It's from Alberta's Royal Guard. Wonder what they are doing around here...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » August 20th, 2009, 1:37 pm

*Lyra had let go of Luka's hand while Christian was showing them the arrow. Lyra was following Silmeria, who was looking around the area they were in. The horses snorted and skittered away when Silmeria neared them but calmed after a smile from the girl. Lyra moved to the thick bushes opposite the group. And she heard it. It was soft almost inaudible. Lyra went closer to the thick bush and cautiously parted it.*

Lukas: LYRA! Oi! *Lyra whirled around to see Lukas walking towards her. Sighing she returned to the bush and gave a yelp. Lukas started running towards her.* What?

*Lyra crouched down and plunged her hands into the thick bushes, Lukas and the others stopped beside her.*

Lukas: What's wrong?

Lyra: Someone...he's hurt...*Lyra caught a handful of cloth in her hands and pulled. A hoarse groan sounded from the bush spooking the horses milling about.* Lukas, help me!

*Lukas held the bushes apart and helped Lyra pull out a bloodied man. Lukas bit his lip feeling the urge to puke at the appearance of the man. He looked as if he was stoned and stepped on. He heard Selene and Silmeria gasp behind him.*

*Christian was now helping Lukas lay the man down on the grassy ground. Lyra kneeled beside him.*

Lyra: Who are you? And what happened? *Alfred was now beside Lyra rummaging in a a bag of his, probably for bandages and medicine.*

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » August 20th, 2009, 5:08 pm

(finally....yuki i missed u and everyone :sob: )

*The meeting of the twins made Selene smile a bit, Lyra's brother was indeed a wolf...his character is the same as Hati but they both have different reasons to why they are protecting. She seem not to have made a good impression with Lukas but she dismiss it like she always does,she would smile even when people hated or were disgusted by her.she didn't mine..after all she got accepted by silmeria,she was beginning to idol the woman,she seems to be the ideal person to look up to.Although she won't say it out loud she was afraid of alfred and his strange helper.

*Her thoughts soon were diminished when Lyra found a badly injured man.As Alfred search his bag selene Turn around,the sight of blood terrifies her.*

*Hati's stares were on Selene all the time,he made an annoy growl as he saw her turn away,he knew why but it's time for her to be strong if she still wants to be with this group.

Hati: hmm,he barely can't breathe maybe i should end his misery..

Selene:DON'T YOU DARE!!!

Hati: It's only a suggestion...

(didnt know what to post.so gomen)
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 20th, 2009, 6:51 pm

((@ Raine, just a note, Igor is Alfred's donkey. Alfred is very interested in Selene being able to talk with an animal...... but he's had Igor around for so long, he forgets that he is talking to a donkey.))

*Alfred pulls out powders that stem the bleeding and a roll of soft bandage cloth.*

Alfred: Alberta's royal guard....... What would they be doing here? This quest is becoming more interesting all the time. Here, Lyra, hold this cloth tight on this wound, I'll give him a bit of an elixir I have, to help with the pain.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 20th, 2009, 11:34 pm

* Christian took a quick look at the guy's wounds then gave space for Albert to treat him. "Not that it'll do him any good, though." He thought. It was clear that those wounds where more than any human could withstand. He sighed and looked at Silmeria, who was overlooking Alfred with an interested look on her face. Must be the first time she sees someone other than Eir treat a wound. He took another look at the arrow on his hand then looked at Silmeria again. *

Christian: I'm going ahead, see if I can find what beat him like this.

* Silmeria nodded, without even looking at him and Christian decided to just let her be and go. He examined the area around the horses and found what he thought where traces of people moving on foot. He followed them and, after a few minutes, he came back to the group, running. He stopped next to them, looking spooked. *

Christian: Guys, you won't believe this... there's a whole bunch of dead soldiers right up the hill...

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » August 22nd, 2009, 8:19 am

((sorry gpa...i didnt read much gomen))
Hati:It gets interesting!!!i'll go take a look!!!

*runs ahead*

Selene: heh!!Hati wait!!!

*follows hati only to stop next to him,her hand came over her mouth at the sight*

selene :Horrible....it..kinda

Hati :Be quiet!!
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway