Calling all Artists!

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Calling all Artists!

Post by JHawkNH » April 6th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Since we have alot of people that can draw on this site I figured here would bee a good place to put in a request.

A long time ago I helped write a story on this site called, "Akari's family goes to Japan."
It was witten by multiple forum members about us going to Japan with Akari-chan (aka Sakura). In case you haven't guessed already, it was a comedy story.

I have always wanted to rewrite the story so that it was easier to read but I didn't think anyone would care. But now I have a fun idea.

I recently started working with a program called RPGMaker2K. It is a program to quickly create sprite based RPG's. I thought it would be fun to recreate this story as an RPG movie. I have the programming skills, but not the art skills so here is what I need from you. I need some (or multiple people) to draw pics of a few charactures for me.

Here is what I need: (And I am more then willing to use multiple artists)

A normal pictue for each of the 5 girl charactures. (about 100 pixels by 100 pixels)
The pictures should be from the waist up at the biggest to the shoulders up at the smallest.

Akari-chan(Sakura) - Strong willed leader, likes cute things.
Kawaii_Fruit - Sleepy, not very bright, kind hearted.
Iliana - Very concerned with her looks, like to be pampered.
Marurashi - Hyper and likes to overact.
Kuro_Azera - Sports oriented, strong tomboy.

You get to design the characture yourself.

I also need the same size pics for Akari-chan mad, Kawaii_Fuit sleeping (but not in bed), and Iliana in the bath. (be careful with this one) :shy:

I will need more in the future, but I need these to start. So who is up to the challange?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: Calling all Artists!

Post by Hiki » April 7th, 2009, 6:26 pm

I WOULD BE!! If I didn't have a test week right now.. If you can wait a while, I would love to help :love: :ho: (Maybe I can draw a few things during my studying (I have a short attention span most of the time :shy: ) but I'm not sure.)
Don't feed me violins.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » April 8th, 2009, 4:18 am

DANG! Wish I could draw- this sounds like FUN! :thumb: I give it my double thumbs up of approval!
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 8th, 2009, 11:31 am

I hope you get my oversized ribbon right :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 8th, 2009, 3:24 pm

Sakura wrote:I hope you get my oversized ribbon right :gg:
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Sakura/Akari-chan will be the one to approve her own characture design. So don't disappoint her.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 8th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Oh with all the frills and ribbons you're in for some stress
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » April 9th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Even more stress..? I can handle that. :D After saturday that is. Busy, busy, busy. I could start drawing on sunday... if I'm not too dead. :shy:
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 9th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Hiki wrote:Even more stress..? I can handle that. :D After saturday that is. Busy, busy, busy. I could start drawing on sunday... if I'm not too dead. :shy:
That's alright. It is going to take me a little bit of time to get familure enough with the program to produce a proper chapter 1. So time is not an issue.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » April 16th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I hope time really isn't an issue, because I don't feel like drawing for a while. I was busy until today, but now I don't have any inspiration left... :swt: After two grown-ups told me my drawing wasn't original enough and that I copied everything (and basically that everything sucked), I kinda lost my inspiration to draw. :swt: So I hope you can wait a little longer. :love: I have vacation next week (starting on thursday) so I will draw then :love:

Oh, by the way, Sakura-chan? Do you have a preference when it comes to hair?
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 16th, 2009, 11:21 pm

And most art is what???? Copies. Great paintings, done from models sitting for the artist. Great landscape art, just a copy of God's original. The Japanese anime style...... was started when artists were tying to emulate the early Disney works. Great books, great poetry, it's all based on someones earlier work. Yes, there is some original woek, someone had to do the first of things. But dear Hiki, when someone says you aren't original enough, just remember, there is nothing new under the sun.

I really like your artwork. Your musical girl is my wallpaper.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.