MegaTokyo

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Kira
Angel
Angel

MegaTokyo

Post by Kira » July 17th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Part 1:

I know a lot of the "computers" fans of MT and "Largo" are upset over Piro's handling or direction he choose to take it. I admit I miss "Largo's" little humor that he added to the comic. But Piro was already making MT what it is now today. Even before Rodney "Largo" Caston left. Rodney even said on his site, that he wrote the first 30 episode before talking to Fred. Meaning he pretty much had the idea for Chapter 0. But you can see where Piro did start to have more influence, especially after Comic 43.

Largo liked the one-liners comic strips, where Piro being an anime fan, wanted to do something different. He wanted to make an actual serial out of it, which he lead the way to all the webcomics today that follow his "idea".

Also a lot people even today still bring up the whole "Fallout" between Rodney and Fred. The truth is, they had an "adult" disagreement about the way each wanted to go, and since Fred was the one already putting most of the work into it. Both Story and art, Fred asked Rodney if he could buy Rodney share, and Rodney saw it as a great business opportunity. Hell Rodney is the one that made the profit, at this point, Fred had two jobs and barely made it with the help of his wife Sarah.

It just goes to show Fred's dedication to the comic. The comics are late because he's both busy but also only wants the best for us as fans. Rodney glad that MT is still huge and takes pride seeing on shelves at bookstores. He got to be a part of that.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Re: MegaTokyo

Post by Freya » July 18th, 2007, 12:26 am

this is in the wrong place kira. move it to the anime discussion forum
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 18th, 2007, 12:28 am

Ah, thanks, wait really? I figure since it was a webcomic... and can I move it...(Working on part 2)
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 18th, 2007, 1:10 am

Part 2:

OKay now that I talked about Rodney, I'll discuss a bit about Fred and his style. Fred's style is more along the lines of dating sims and shuojo. After re-reading the first two volumes of MT. I discovered something interesting. In the beginning Largo represented a lot of young male American. His thirst for beer, overly violent nature, lack of respect for women, utter chaos. Largo was a mess.

When Largo first met Erika, she modeling as Kasumi, to promote Dead or Alive. Largo approaches as a normal guy seeing a hot babe dressed as a sexy character. Largo is wondering if her breast are real and or that she pads them, and goes for a feel. Which resulted him now having two arms in a cast.

In Largo’s mind set, Piro is “weak” and “lame” for having feelings for girls or falling for them. But Largo does in fact care for him and even listen to him. After he loads up on beer.

You also get the sense Largo doesn’t trust women, because he sees how guys get. Especially Piro and Largo doesn’t want get or be like that. But you see how much he evolves over the course of time, I Largo the most complicated character.

In the very beginning you know/see that something would and will develop between Piro and Kimiko. But Largo always seemed to go off on his own adventure. And Erika would try and push Piro into talking to Kimiko more.

We Learn that Erika was once engaged to a guy exactly like Piro. Erika is damaged and has now put up this wall, that only Kimiko knew how to break. Erika now wants to be a strong independent woman, that doesn’t need anyone.

Largo is still a guy and still sees Erika as the “Hot Chick” The next time they met, is when Erika invites Piro and Largo to a beer garden, the main reason was to get Piro and Kimiko to talk. So Largo is thinking, hey if I play my cards straights, I might get lucky, type of attitude.

Hmm…Seem to have went off course, I tend to do that a lot. Next Part 3: Erika and Largo.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » July 19th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Freya wrote:this is in the wrong place kira. move it to the anime discussion forum
MegaTokyo isn't anime it's a website with a promising story at start which turned into a weird and boring uncontrolled set of random actions... oh wait now that I think of it, it fits in the Entertainment board, considering the average AAW visitor is totally crazy (hey look at me!)
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 19th, 2007, 5:25 pm

Why do so many people RAG!!! On MT for! :omg:

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » July 19th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Simple. It has SO much potential but Piro went and mixed his repressed fantasies in it, then seeing how he got married to Sara (I think that's his wife's name?) and how she would get mad at him for drawing his fantasies, he's BRINGING HIMSELF DOWN.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » July 19th, 2007, 10:22 pm

I actually enjoy MT, so it seams that I am in the minority here.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » July 20th, 2007, 12:54 am

Yep :pat:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 20th, 2007, 2:24 am

Zeratul2k wrote:Simple. It has SO much potential but Piro went and mixed his repressed fantasies in it, then seeing how he got married to Sara (I think that's his wife's name?) and how she would get mad at him for drawing his fantasies, he's BRINGING HIMSELF DOWN.
What?! It anything, Sara encourages it, I know I read it somewhere, either on the rant or a site interview, Sara tells Piro to add little fan services, But Piro is the one who refuses. He doesn't want MT to be like that. It look at the way Largo and Piro respond to he girls. That why I like it so much, The girls give them "opportunities" and flirt, but they won't "bite." I love the way how Erika teases and flirts with Largo, then she gets mad when Largo doesn't respond the way she want him to, then he says, "You bother"...that was so awesome!...Note:Largo met, that she as a woman "bothers" him as a guy, meaning that yeah Largo likes her, he can't think straights, He wants to help, but without taking advantage of her.

Guess this is PART 3: Erika and Largo:

And omg! When she kisses him and he freaks out because, he got "turned on" or as he calls it the "awkward" by it is classic and is all afraid that he freaked her out, because he got "the awkward" due to her kiss. Come on how can you not like the Largo and Erika pair!