All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Post by JHawkNH » December 1st, 2011, 2:15 pm

Sorry I couldn't get those last girls to you last night. Work and traffic conspired to steal the time I needed to serch for more images. By the time I got home last night I just had enough time to eat dinner before I was on my way to volleyball. I didn't get home until after 9pm CST after that. But at laest we already have a nice crop of submisions
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 1st, 2011, 6:29 pm

I got 5 "foreign" people (not from the forums) submitting pictures which is very good indeed. Hopefully more than 150 will vote this year... :pif:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 2nd, 2011, 2:43 pm

Ok, back on the topic of the game. I have no idea when I will get the commisioned background so I will give you this to play with for now.

Right now all the data to build the screen is pulled from the text file TESTFILE.TXT.

"StoreDesign960.jpg"
"Daisy1.bmp"
"100,100"

"StoreDesign960.jpg" is the name of the background image and is found in the background folder. You can chose any image for this you want. Just put the image in the "Image\Background" folder and change "StoreDesign960.jpg" to the name of the file. The backgound size is 1280x960 and your image will be streched/shrunk to this size.

"Daisy1.bmp" is the name of the image in the Sprite folder.
"100,100" is the location on the screen of the upper left hand corner of the image.

You can change "Daisy1.bmp", "100,100," to something else, or you can leave it and ad more images by adding more lines in the formate:
"Picture name"
"X,Y"

The picture must be in the "Image\Sprites" folder. Also the color White (&H FFFFFF) is considered transparent in these images.

Example:
"Background.jpg"
"Daisy1.bmp"
"100,100"
"Mypic.png"
"0,0"
"Funnycat.bmp"
"600,100"

Also on the file menu "File" does not currently work and "Fullscreen" under "Screen" does not work.

Try it out and see if you have any issues and see what you can come up with.
Attachments
ALCG.zip
(435.58 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » November 3rd, 2012, 8:21 am

Did you get the backgrounds in the last 10 months? :hmm:

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 5th, 2012, 9:48 pm

No, no backgrounds. I finally gave up on her. Either I will have to do them myself or find someone else.
And as for "A Little Cat-girls Tale" it is currently in a holdiong pattern. As you can gues I bit off a little more then I could crew with this one. It is not dropped, I am just putting it on hold while I develope a much more simple engine. This engine is 2D only and it is not designed for use by anyone else. It will be just for a new game I am working on, so I won't have to add alot of extra stuff that won't be used in the game.

The good news is I am using a lot of code from the previous engine and this new engine can later be expanded to meet the needs of ALCGT.

I have almost completed the Message box part of the engine, but I have to debug some artifacts that are showing up when displaying text at a shrunken size.

I hope to show some results soon.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 18th, 2012, 9:17 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, here is a screen shot from the engine for the new game.
800x600 screen shot
800x600 screen shot
As you can see the text works and I can change the color at will.
I have already added the ability to add charactures at will, but Daisy is the only holder I am using right now.
Next I have to add the underlined and italic texts so that those can be displayed also. I also need to add the ability to change the size of the text on the fly. At least I got rid of the artifacts in the displaying of the text.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 19th, 2012, 9:48 am

It looks good~ Except that Daisy xD I will make a better drawing for her next year ( = w =;)
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 19th, 2012, 7:50 pm

The funny this is that I love the way Daisy looks. :love:

And I wouldn't worry to much about redrawing Daisy right now. She in not going to be in the current game that this engine is for. She will have to wait for the next game with a more advanced engine. But that is probably still years away. :swt:

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 20th, 2012, 9:55 am

So then I have years to improve~ YESSSS!
Don't feed me violins.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 3rd, 2016, 3:20 pm

So, 4 years are over. Did you improve already? :thumb: :kiss: