THE DEATHLY HALLOWS DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: THE DEATHLY HALLOWS DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Post by Kira » August 8th, 2007, 9:06 pm

Aww hey come on now, Harry Potter had some moments. Its a good read. As I always said, anything that makes kids put down their video games and read, is a great thing my book...actually lol, I see if I can find it, but these wrote a song about just wanting to play their x-box all day, funny thing, they actually took the time to write a song, lol.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 10th, 2007, 4:27 am

I agree about getting kids to read. And Harry Potter IS better than a lot of the crap out there.
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Lady-of-Lune
New User

Post by Lady-of-Lune » August 18th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Harry Potter owned the bookstore for a loooooooong time! There even where places for people which would be totally schoked by the dead of Harry Potter! And he didn't die!!! XD
BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 18th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Tall man and I went to Walmart at midnight on the night the book came out cuz we had too, and I thought the place would be an absolute madhouse of HP fans......instead there were 2 gigantic pallats of HP books, a table full of cookies and other HP assorted cheap junk........and absolutely no one around.........
so I ended up getting a book about a week sooner than I thought to even look. It was kinda hilarious....
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » August 18th, 2007, 7:55 pm

I have to say that I enjoyed this book. I agree with many things that Dinky and you guys said about it I can't help but look at the series as a whole. I think that in general it tied things up really well and she didn't leave anything unfinished at the end. Another thing that I like is that she deviated from the usual setup of the story by not having them attend school at all. My biggest dissapointment though was how she managed to have dumbledore explain everything at the end. In EVERY book she has dumbledore explain what happened and I had hoped that, since he is dead, she wouldn't have that happen this time but somehow she did...

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » September 25th, 2007, 10:09 pm

lol. yeah. the dead guy explained it all
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 26th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Of course! The dead guy always explain everything! lol.

better stop here or I'll start to go off...too late!

I just don't understand in all these type of books! Once your dead you know everything and tell the hero everything once he "dies" but is reveled the great truth and comes to life! Why can't the hero just come to the ultimate truth himself. And what happen to hero going out in a blaze of glory! We need more stories like Shakespeare!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » September 26th, 2007, 11:59 pm

dude, not everyone is a literary genius like he was! i'd like to see you write his works! i'd like to see me write them for that fact! i'd be rich! hahaha!
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 27th, 2007, 12:22 am

Oh you'll see! just wait and see! You'll see!

Also okay in all fairness...What is the big deal...I don't understand! yeah his plays are great, but why do people find him so hard to understand!

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » September 27th, 2007, 2:35 am

It's the way that he writes, "middle english" (because no-one knows how to read OLD english). The entire way of thinking was different back then. (I never had any trouble reading his plays by the way, I'm just playing devil's advocate.)