Remember when?

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Remember when?

Post by Freya » July 20th, 2007, 8:31 pm

when we ran around singing "little bunny fufu" thinking it was the best song in the world?

when gas was 99 cents a gallon?

when there were no school shootings?
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: Remember when?

Post by Kira » July 20th, 2007, 8:37 pm

lol, not Cali, it was still $1.32 when I was growing up...but I do remember when a whopper was 99cents, lol.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 20th, 2007, 8:54 pm

((Sorry couldn't edit, boo))

When the only disease you worried about getting was cooties.

When a kiss on a boo-boo made everything better.

When dodge ball was the ultimate game in skills and wits, lol heck yes I was alway the last man standing.

When triple-dog dare was the ultimate test of strength.

when counting games like Eeny, meeny, miny, moe decided ones fate.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 20th, 2007, 9:17 pm

when mc.donald's wrapped their fish sandwiches in blue wrappers

when you got married in kindergarden

when you got graded on how well you made friends
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 20th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Ah, I pumped gas at five gallons for a dollar. When you got gas, they washed your windows, checked your oil and water, and tire if you wanted. I remember the seam up the back of nylon stockings, nickle candy bars, ten cent bottles of pop, yes glass bottles, a really expensive car cost a little over three grand, black and white TV, even some black and white movies, twelve cent comic books, doing math with a slide rule.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 20th, 2007, 9:46 pm

so gpa, in your estabilished opinion, is society and economy and the world in general on a definite downward spiral?

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 21st, 2007, 3:27 am

Well okay, its Gpa questions, but the way I see it. Yes we have come from a long way, but at a price. People today really don't know what it means to work hard for something, to attend that goal and success in life, its the reason why reading and music is almost a lost art. Kids today know so much because of computers. But they lack that first hand experience. Take Agito and myself, we're what only like five years apart...there were things in my childhood, that grew up learning, that he knew by the time he was nine. When I was growing, the closest thing to a cell phone, where car phones, and only rich people had those, now, kids that are 12 have cell phones.

But also, I think a lot of people are starting to see the error in there ways, and are now trying to fix it. Like Live Earth. Also, yeah okay, I'll Harry Potter, not that great. Its good, real good, and hey, if it make kids want to go out and read, then I'm all for it, if only now we have something like that for music.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 21st, 2007, 4:34 am

I'll post a song about remembering when in the lyrics thread.

Freya, you ask the hardest questions, the answer is yes and no. I'll try to put my thoughts into words, later, but it is very hard for me to do.

Carry me back
And make me feel at home
Let me cling to those mem'ries
That won't let me alone.

Where it was always summer
And she was always kind
Carry me back Lord
While I still got the time.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 3rd, 2007, 7:32 am

And that song carries me back to 5 yrs old dancing in the family room with the other kids...
Remember when the internet was called "The Information Super Highway"...and it was some incredible thing that might happen in the future?
Remember the USA before we worried about home security and terrorist attacks?
Remember when 21 was OLD?
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Ntoonz
Fan
Fan

Post by Ntoonz » August 7th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Kira wrote:lol, not Cali, it was still $1.32 when I was growing up...but I do remember when a whopper was 99cents, lol.
I remember when a whole McDonald's meal was 99 cents. That was their slogan. Hamburger, fries and drink, and you get change back.

I remember when the school's dress code didn't allow blue jeans.

I remember when the only mobile phones were in expensive limos, and I never understood how they worked.

I remember my first leisure suit. Okay, my only leisure suit.

I remember when we first got cable TV. My dad promptly got to work channel surfing with the little slidey thing they gave you to change channels.

I remember the advent of UHF TV.

I remember when Michael Jackson was black.
Licensed online comic macquettes! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com