The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by oldwrench » August 20th, 2021, 5:35 am

I'm still around, I've just had a busy summer. Also a hot and dry summer, a bad drought here. I need to get some time to send you some kitty picts I picked up lately, they are quite cute. I have not gotten around to working on 5min. I have ideas where it is going, I just need some time. You know, I'm retired and retired people have a lot less free time than when they were working full time.
I have to take "SHE who must be obeyed" to an antique and flea market tomorrow. It's only 90 miles away........ she might want to go back Saturday too. Well, I'll try to get back to you this weekend, if the world lasts that long. (Read the book of Revelation, last book in the Bible, it will scare you)
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 23rd, 2021, 5:06 am

flea market turned out to be 200 miles (322km for you who use those odd measurements) round trip. That's more than three and a half hours driving time. Then five hours wandering around all that junk. It got to 90f degrees (32.2c) and very humid. I was worn out by the time I got home. Oh, I did get one thing, an air brush paint gun.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 4th, 2021, 11:18 am

The last time I was at a flea market was about 30 years ago. I didn't find anything there that would interest me - probably because there are rarely Apple devices there.
Did you buy a small air brush gun for manga or a big one for cars?
Me and the English units of measurement will probably never be friends. :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 5th, 2021, 3:45 pm

a little air brush for painting models...... no, not that kind, I mean model airplanes and cars and such.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 8th, 2021, 9:21 am

Aha, that reminds me of the series Genshiken. Especially the woman who actually hates anime and manga and is only in it because of her childhood friend... she's really hilarious! :gg:

It's a real pity that I can't cope with the new series anymore. The time for a ToHeart III will probably not come again. Too bad. :sob:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 12th, 2022, 4:45 pm

Not being able to do much for a couple months was a bummer. This getting old thing is not the golden years they make it out to be. No, I haven't had covid or anything else.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 14th, 2022, 9:31 am

I also only know the standard advice from the doctor: exercise, be mentally active, eat healthy.

I think AAW will be 20 years old in May. I registered the domain on 18th May 2001 if I remember correctly. If there was someone else here, we could have a party. Actually AAW should go to university now. Did you know that education in Germany is free until university? You just have to buy the books. After that it costs € 50,- (about $55.-) per semester and € 50,- per course.

If you study fast you have the bachelor already after 3 years (6 semesters at €50,- = € 300,-) and complete 18 courses in that time (18 x € 50,- = € 900,-) makes without literature per bachelor € 1200,- if it runs perfectly and ideally.

I was quite shocked when I heard about the American "student loans" at $100000. I was especially shocked that this is completely taken for granted over there. Actually a reason to move to Germany if you have kids in school :)

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 15th, 2022, 10:27 pm

We still have to wear these masks all day traveling

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 16th, 2022, 8:31 pm

I wear the mask voluntarily. The mask requirement here has been dropped on the grounds that there are enough hospital beds available and the health system is not expected to be overburdened.

For my part, I have decided that I do not want to use any of the available hospital beds.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 22nd, 2022, 5:33 pm

My family still wear masks, especially me. Working in the retail world, you never know, what you'll get. Especially with all the homeless and tweakers.

That's one thing for sure, I wish Regan never killed or hope someone will finally bring back, is the mental health care. Thankfully with Covid, it brought that aspect back to light, but it's one of those, the damage is already done, we really need someone to kick that into overdrive.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.