The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by JHawkNH » June 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm

$11,000? Ouch!!!

Looks like I won't be getting a new AC system anytime soon. Good thing my current system works just fine.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 17th, 2014, 4:57 am

Well, the AC works well, and it's very quiet running.

The weather has been wild the last couple of days. Lots of rain and high winds. We had 60+mph wind Saturday. Officially 68mph at the airport. (109.4kph) There were trees blown down and some other damages. Usually the wind gusts with rain storms only last a few minutes, but these continued for a couple hours. There is flooding going on from all the rain we have had lately. The forecast is for storms and heavy rain all this week, that won't help. It's very windy again tonight too. All the rain has softened the ground so trees are at risk of blowing over.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 20th, 2014, 5:33 am

and rain........ in record amounts. 7.5 inches in 24 hours, that might not seem like a lot for Zera, but here, it's flooding all over. Roads an highways closed due to flooding. I saw a couple of guys building and ark. You have to go back to 1874 to find this much rain in the month of June. I'm glad I live on high ground.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 17th, 2015, 3:07 am

I don't know if I should post this here or in the good things thread............ Here first I would say, My father died last night. He was almost 91 years old and had accumulating medical problems so we knew his days were numbered. I will miss him.
Our parents should always be there, but they can't be.

The good things, Dad is now with Mom in the mansions the Lord has prepared for us. He no longer has to suffer the difficulties of a failing body, and he didn't have to end his days in a nursing home.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 21st, 2015, 2:04 pm

A good friend of mine who always treated me like his daughter died last Sunday night. He was purrhaps the kindest purrson I ever met. I hope he is well whereever he is right now. :love:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 23rd, 2015, 4:25 am

Sorry for your loss, kitten.

Snow was all gone spring was here! Was is a past tense.
P1070280 (Large).JPG
This is right now, on the table on the Deck behind my house......... 8 inches of snow. (20.32cm according to my calculator) And I need to drive to the airport to pick up the wife by 9am tomorrow.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 25th, 2015, 8:18 am

Snow...? In March?

Everyone is talking about global warming and when you really need it in order to pick up your wife it disappoints you. :gg:

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » May 21st, 2015, 11:20 pm

I am sorry to hear about both of your losses. I had a close call about 2 weeks ago. My dad ended up in the emergency room with signifacent blood cloughts in both of his lungs. They had to give him a new drug that has dangerous side effects, but they said we were about 15mins away from lossing him. The drug did it's job and he is much better now.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 24th, 2015, 4:08 am

Glad to hear things turned out well, JH. We almost lost a pastor from our church to clots in his lungs, it's very dangerous and very frightening.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 15th, 2015, 9:50 am

oldwrench wrote:Yes that's eleven with three zeros after it. Fortunately I will be getting about two thousand back in rebates.
Woah how much catnip is that? :pif: