The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by Dinky » June 11th, 2013, 4:18 am

Soooo... because I'm all fat and gross and have to go sit on a beach at a lake in 1.5 months with ALL of my in-laws (who all happen to be 5ft 10in tall to 6ft 9in tall and like 100lbs, seriously), I decided to start the Insanity work out DVDs. So, I ordered them, got all excited and psyched up to get started when they arrived, read all the instructions, did the before pics, shooed the Spawns and the Spawn-daddy upstairs so I could embarrass myself in private, and...
I did the Fit Test.
That's it. Just the Fit Test. And I puked. PUKED, people. And this after BARELY managing to even DO less than 50% of the stupid Fit Test.
In other words, I flunked it. And now I'm wondering... is that how all those 'success story' people lose the fat/weight? By puking after every workout?
Meh. Pass me the bag of chips and let me feed my self-loathing.
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 15th, 2013, 5:14 am

Dinky thinks she's fat? Not likely my girl. Maybe a bit out of shape, but then, she isn't a school girl anymore. It's tough being a mom of two boys, isn't it.

I lost a bit of weight today......... well, just a bit, I had a cyst removed from my back. It's been there for a lot of years, just slowly getting bigger, SHE decided I needed to get rid of it. Since it was on my back, and the skin there is tougher to pull back together, they put me under a general type of anesthesia. Now it's a bit sore, but not bad for the moment. I just hope it isn't too bad tomorrow.

I didn't get the lilac bushes planted before the operation. Now I have to wait a few days till I can get back at it.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 21st, 2013, 3:00 pm

At least you made some effort to loose weight. I need to start some thing soon. I have gained a few pounds lately. :sob:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 22nd, 2013, 7:26 am

not fun to lose weight by having it cut out of you........

Massive thunderstorms tonight. There have been a lot of warnings, large hail, 60+mph winds, heavy rain. There are flash flood warnings for most of southern Minnesota. This has been a strange year for weather.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 26th, 2013, 5:02 am

Finally a dry day, but now it's too hot out to get my yard work done. I tried to get some garden work done and plant those lilac bushes, but I melted into a little puddle. Ok, a big puddle......

Some critter keeps eating up the suet blocks I put out for the birds. It's getting them in the night so I don't think it's a squirrel. I put out a live trap but the only thing I've caught is one Grackle.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 26th, 2013, 5:08 pm

I ended up weeding my garden last Sunday. Took me about 5 hours. And it is not even that big a garden. :sob:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 3rd, 2013, 4:49 am

Caught two more Grackles...... no critters though.

Now it's getting a bit dry. The ground is hard to work.

My neighbor has one of those gas powered mini tillers, I tried that in my garden........ I gotta get one of those.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 18th, 2013, 5:21 am

hot, hot , hot! It's been in the mid 90's F this week with tropical humidity. Dew points around 70F. This is not helping me get my brick sidewalk laid. The sidewalk is in direct sunlight most of the day too. I got some of it done but had 6 hours of driving jobs today.

I mowed the lawn this evening, not a nice thing to do. I about melted. It takes about an hour and a half or more to mow my lawn. It was a case of, I either mow it now, or I'd need to bale it. At least my house is air conditioned.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 20th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Saturday afternoon in beautiful downtown Bemidji MN. Home of Paul Bunyon and his blue ox, Babe. Another couple hours till I pick the wife up, then 5 hour drive to home.at least I found a nice coffee shop. There was an "art in the park" thing going on today. Lots of interesting stuff, but too expensive for my taste. I can get nice art for a lot less at Anime Detour.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 21st, 2013, 6:28 pm

Whoa, five hours is looooong :(
Don't feed me violins.