The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by Sakura » June 19th, 2012, 10:42 am

Hehe the son of a friend of mine took his fathers cell phone and bought "crystals" for a "free" online game and spent several hundred Euro (100 Euro == ~125 US$)

There's no such thing as a free lunch... this is why I stick to the "monthly fee" online games.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 22nd, 2012, 7:25 am

A few nights ago there was a bad series of storms that went through Minnesota. There are a lot of big trees blown down. We didn't have any damage at our property. There was even a tree on top of a mobile home here in town. No one was injured, fortunately. Up north, in Duluth MN. there is massive flooding going on. They had over 10 inches of rain one night, and it was already wet up there. Many houses flooded, over 60 roads closed by the flooding, many washed out. An 8 year old boy was washed into a storm sewer and went more than a half mile through a twenty four inch underground pipe before being washed out again, and he survived with only a few scrapes. Pretty amazing. You can probably find picts and stories if you search for Duluth Minnesota flooding.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 25th, 2012, 2:15 pm

And don't forget about the seal and polar bear that escaped from the zoo in Duluth due to the flood.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 28th, 2012, 11:07 am

JHawkNH wrote:And don't forget about the seal and polar bear that escaped from the zoo in Duluth due to the flood.
Any stray cats? Lynx purrhaps? I'm coming over. :thumb:

Good thing there were no injuries and your house is okay. What about the catnip in your backyard? :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 20th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Why is it so hard to get medicines you clearly need?
A couple of days ago my mother tried to get some medicine for me (because I have a (delayed) allergic reaction) but you can only get it if with a doctor's receipt but the people on the phone suck and wouldn't actually help but told her to call back later. After calling again, because my "condition" was worse than before - I was sleeping when she called the first time - my mother pretty much gave up hope of getting the medicine we wanted.
But she did call again when she was supposed to call back and then suddenly it was no problem anymore and should the symptoms worsen etc we had to contact them again.
What is that? :omg:
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 21st, 2012, 5:40 pm

That sucks. I know here if you have an alergic reaction you can go to a clinic and they will help you very quickly. They usually have medication on hand to handle alergic reactions. If it is more serious you can go to the ER (Emergency room). I can't imagine being told, "just call back later and see if it gets any worse".
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 22nd, 2012, 2:27 am

Over here it's a bit worse... you can wait int he emergency room to be attended for quite some time, and they only rush when they see you bleeding all over or something like that...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 22nd, 2012, 3:23 pm

Here, you can generally get treatment fairly quickly, but you pay plenty for it. We have a walk in clinic at the big grocery store that is open all day and a medical clinic open all day. There are two large hospitals within 20 miles so the emergency rooms are fairly close. If all else fails, you could all 911 in an emergency and the rescue squad and EMT's would transport you to the hospital.

The only time I've had trouble getting a prescription medicine was when the drug stores in town were out of it, it took a few hours for them to get some.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 31st, 2012, 5:36 am

I was going to continue working on the 5 min story....... but my ms word wouldn't open up. I click on it, but it won't start! Somehow, I must have turned off a service that it needs to run. I guess I just have to go back and turn on the start up items till I get it running again.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 3rd, 2012, 8:11 pm

it's the last day of summer! "unofficial summer" Sigh, I hate to see the days getting so much shorter and think of the winter season that's coming.

Which is worse, 100f+ heat index or -50f wind chill.