Art Lesson

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Art Lesson

Post by Hiki » July 15th, 2007, 11:29 pm

I was asked to make an art lesson thread, so here it is. This is where I'll try to teach someone something.
Don't feed me violins.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: Art Lesson

Post by Kira » July 15th, 2007, 11:31 pm

HAIR!!!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 15th, 2007, 11:35 pm

HAIR!!!
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Satoshi

Post by Satoshi » July 15th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Hands! ... plz
Night Sky Blue

My heart beats
Trying to get out of my captative chest
Trying to get free
To run it's way to you

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 15th, 2007, 11:40 pm

i was gonna say that but she said she likes chibi hands not shojo or the others so i guess we should ask kira for his help on that
i myself like developing eyes. though i'm not very skilled at any of the major areas....i'm just adequate
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Satoshi

Post by Satoshi » July 15th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Freya wrote:i was gonna say that but she said she likes chibi hands not shojo or the others so i guess we should ask kira for his help on that
i myself like developing eyes. though i'm not very skilled at any of the major areas....i'm just adequate
I can make some nice drawings but only when I have an example that I'm trying to make the drawing look like as much as possible :S I can't make thought up drawings :(
Night Sky Blue

My heart beats
Trying to get out of my captative chest
Trying to get free
To run it's way to you

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 15th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Right, hair... lessee.. First you have to think on what kind of hair you want the character to have, you could even draw it without a face or anything, like a wig. Once you know what you want (more or less) you try drawing it on a real head. Unless you really have it under control, don't draw it on your actual character (you might "ruin" it).
Make sure that the hair line is above the eyebrows!
I'll discuss female characters right now (it's basically the same for male characters anyway)
short hair: when a female character has short hair it's usually not too short to avoid too much confusion, though you can usually see the difference in the eyes.
middle-length hair: sometimes short hair is messy, with hair to all sides. With middle-length and long hair this is not (or rarely) the case. It can be different lengths though (shorter/longer on the edges which still gives a little messy effect).
long hair: this is basically the same as middle-length hair, but be carefull you don't get too detailed (else you'll ruin the details).

I hope this helps a little. If you need to know something else about hair, you can always ask ^^
Don't feed me violins.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 15th, 2007, 11:53 pm

ya know... i never actually thought about NOT drawing it on my char. lol. that might be why i mess up so much. lmao :swt:

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 16th, 2007, 12:00 am

so what I said actually helped someone... cool! ^^
Don't feed me violins.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 16th, 2007, 12:27 am

Freya wrote:i was gonna say that but she said she likes chibi hands not shojo or the others so i guess we should ask kira for his help on that
I'll draw a few hands and scan them, should be up by...Wednesday :thumb:
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.