Any new good ... cough... anime?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Any new good ... cough... anime?

Post by Sakura » August 3rd, 2010, 10:27 am

I wonder if there's anything good out there now. It's been half a year since my last port about this anime thing.

I haven't watched anything lately. It seems to me that anime companies finally noticed the american market and making anime more childish. I miss the good stuff like, CCS, or To Heart. I want a Ghibli box in my language... but nobody purrepares anime dvd's in CAT... :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Any new good ... cough... anime?

Post by Zeratul2k » August 3rd, 2010, 3:22 pm

Well, last time I was talking with someone that used to spend a lot of time here (SageMatt), he recommended Mitsudomoe and Seitokai Yakuindomo. I haven't really seen if they are any good, but he keeps up to date more than I ever do so they probably are.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » August 3rd, 2010, 3:55 pm

I will give it a try... because the website offering the torrent is "NyaaTorrents" ~nyaa *purr* :ho:

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 3rd, 2010, 5:44 pm

I would defintally suggest "Angle Beats". It was my favorite show from this last season. It is thirteen episodes and it has an awsome ending. The animation quality is very high also.

I am only watching a few of the current crop, so I will have to get back to you.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 4th, 2010, 11:39 am

I like 'kaichou wa meido-sama' (or 'kaichou wa maid-sama') :3
It's ongoing and I haven't watched much, but so far I like it x3

The plot:
Misaki Ayuzawa is the first female student council president at a once all boys school turned co-ed. She rules the school with strict discipline demeanor. But she has a secret, she works at a maid cafe due to her families circumstances. One day the popular A student and notorious heart breaker Takumi Usui finds out her secret and makes a deal with her to keep it hush from the school in exchange for spending some time with him.
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 4th, 2010, 2:54 pm

kaichou wa meido-sama'
The plot:
Misaki Ayuzawa is the first female student council president at a once all boys school turned co-ed.

Seitokai Yakuindomo
The plot:
Takatoshi is the first male student council vice president at a once all girls school turned co-ed.

Is it just me or are the Japanese running out of story ideas? :hmm: :gg:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » August 4th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Well I mean look at most modern action/figther mangas its all dragon ball now. Hero has to get stronger, new rival, get stronger, new rival, rinse, wash, repeat...
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 5th, 2010, 2:23 am

Every story has already been done, many times over the years, they just keep retelling them with a few variations.

If you haven't watched Shuffle, you might like it. It's a fairly good harem type anime.

Just started watching the second season of Negima, it's pretty good so far.

Strike witches was cute enough I forgot about the fanservice.

Still think you might like The Wallflower, that's a very different story, and very funny.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » August 7th, 2010, 12:44 pm

I'll start with Mitsudomoe episode 1 and work my way down the list. *needs to get more catnip before watching it* :ho:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 9th, 2010, 1:36 am

Shuffle, a rather fun harem anime. Rin's one lucky guy........ or is he? He's living with a beautiful young girl, who does anything for him. The princess of the god world and the princess of the demon world, both real cute, insist he is the one they want to marry. Both of thier fathers are there to help convince him that their daughter is the best. Add to that a couple cute classmates, and one very young, but very powerful demon girl and you have a constant problem. The series starts off with plenty of comedy, and by the second half becomes quite a bit more dramatic as Rin has to decide which girl he wants for a girlfriend, and then almost loses her. Well, the last episode gets us back to the light hearted humor as everyone lives happily ever after......... maybe.

24 episodes, 16:9video, English and Japanese in stereo. It's a rather good English dub. some fanservice and a bit of nudity, so it gets an MA rating. 575 minutes. It's worth a look.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.