Any new good ... cough... anime?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Any new good ... cough... anime?

Post by oldwrench » June 4th, 2011, 6:50 pm

I told you it was good.

I need to get mine back and watch it again.

You like the first three eps, just wait, it gets better.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » June 7th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Wallflower is AWESOME. :love:
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 8th, 2011, 1:32 am

You mean it has many cats as lead actors? :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 8th, 2011, 2:32 am

Sorry, just a goth, psyco, ummmm, I can't remember all the other things to call her, girl, and four really bishy boys.

The Wallflower is about Sunako Nakahara, a girl who was called "ugly" by a boy, the first and only person to whom she confessed her love. This incident sparks a life change, and as a result Sunako shuns all forms of beauty, both in herself as well as in life. Concerned by her change for the worst, Sunako's aunt, the owner of a beautiful mansion where four very handsome students live, offers the guys free rent in her mansion if they can turn Sunako into a "perfect lady".

While the four of them manage to make Sunako physically beautiful enough to become a lady, the problem lies with her attitude and interests (which Sunako has no intention of changing). Up until the most recent release in the story, they've managed to convince Sunako's aunt that her niece is indeed a lady befitting the mansion in which they live, however she hasn't changed at all.
Characters

Sunako Nakahara - female lead, She is often referred to Scary girl since almost every body feels her dark presence. She loves to be alone, watch horror movies, her anatomical dolls and stuff that shows uglyness in life. She loves to be alone because of the traumatic evperience with her first love and as the story goes she starts to like one of her roommates Kyohei.

Kyohei Takano - He is the most popular of the foursome(Yuki, Takenaga, Ranmaru). He is a very loud and bossy when it comes to his needs. He is a lover of food and can devour anything in seconds. One of his favorite foods is Sunako's fried shrimp. He was forced to leave home because all of the mobbing and harassment by his fans were taking a toll on his family. He loves to fight and even becomes a gang leader in the manga.He can't hold a job either, because he seems to be prone to sexual harassment. He has unsorted feelings for Sunako which he demonstrates by constantly provoking her rage.

Takenaga Oda - He comes from a very wealthy family and is quite serious in nature. He is the brain and logic of the group often trying out logical strategies to make Sunako become a lady. He is a book worm, who loves to study this shown by his high grade point average out of all of them. He has a love interest Naie "Noi" Kasahara. But his shyness gets in the way when he wants to express his feelings. As the manga progresses he becomes more social and open about himself.

Yukinojo "Yuki" Toyama - A shy character, he is sweet and has a very loving nature. He comes from a humble family and has two younger twin sibling who make an appearance in the manga. Yuki is the most innocent of all the characters, often crying and becoming scared whenever he enters Sunako's room. Due to his extremely girly face Yuki is often forced to dress up as a girl, creating self esteem issues for him. He has a girlfriend who is only spoken of. In the story Yuki tries to make himself strong and have more confidence to not be so easily scared. But he is easily defeated by Sunako's extreme taste in decorations.

Ranmaru Morii - The playboy of the story. Ranmaru comes from a wealthy family and is an only son. He is very extroverted and a lover of older women. He has a very sexy nature and extremely high self esteem. He is often going out on dates with married women often provoking trouble. But he has a very good heart and loves his friends. Later on in the storyline he is set up in an arranged marriage date by his parents. But unwilling to get married to anyone he asks the guys to help him. But as he encounters the girl, mix feelings arise inside him making him unsure of his playboy ways.

Naie "Noi" Kasahara - She has an unbreakable love for Takenaga and is often questioning their relationship. She is very beautiful and intelligent. She is the first female friend that Sunako makes even though it is unwillingly. She has a very quick temper around Kyohei and the two are often found fighting.

This seems to follow the manga pretty well in the anime. There is a lot of chibi's in this anime, something I usually don't like that much, but it really works well in this one.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 26th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Shigofumi.......

Plot Summary: Fumika and Kanaka are mail carriers- but not the typical kind. For one, Kanaka is a talking staff and for two, Fumika delivers shigofumi: letters from the dead addressed to the living. These letters are a final, true, communication derived from hate, hope, and love. The story unfolds following this pair and their uncommon job as well as Fumika's unique 'situation'.

My son and I watched this whole series over two days. It's not a long series but it was very interesting. It's very hard to stop watching it.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 29th, 2011, 5:29 pm

I saw that there was a Blu-ray for that. I may have to get it.

Just cracked open my Blu-ray copy of "Angel Beats" to watch and it freezes my Blu-ray player. Which means I can't watch it yet. :sob:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 29th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Just finished watching Rocket Girls. It's not as good as I think it could have been, but it's recommended anyway. Also, it got me into playing Kerbal Space Program again :p
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 29th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Rocket girls was a lot of fun, nothing too deep and nothing violent, no magic and no giant robots. Just a highschool girl who's looking for her long lost father and ends up being conned into a job she didn't really want.

Plot Summary: A high school girl Morita Yukari visits Axia of the Solomon Islands in order to look for her father who became lost during his honeymoon trip. There, she meets a man named Nasuda of Solomon Space Agency, and she is hired to work part-time, just pushing some buttons and stuff, and he will help her find her father. That job is – an astronaut.

You have to suspend your disbelief a lot for this one, but it's worth it. Interaction of the characters is great, like between she and her backup pilot, and the reaction of her mother toward her long lost father. There are some good moments, like Yukari's reaction when they delay the launch once again. Then when it all goes wrong and they come crashing to earth, way off course and end up........... (disbelief totally suspended)

Sakura, This one has no violence, unless you count their training, but that's more like torture, thje trainer is such a sadist :) and there is no love story, no romance, just a simple "you can do it" tale.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 30th, 2011, 4:36 am

oldwrench wrote:(disbelief totally suspended)
So very true, this... I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if only they had ended up-- oh, oops, i almost spoiled it :meh:
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!