Geek Fantasy Come True!

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Geek Fantasy Come True!

Post by Zeratul2k » May 19th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Nevermind.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 20th, 2011, 10:05 pm

What'ya want, I'm evil! :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » December 12th, 2012, 1:26 am

THE HOBBIT IS COMING OUT IN 3 DAYS.
Seriously. I cannot even geek out enough over this. And on Thinkgeek.com, they have some awesome LoTR/Hobbit stuff. Like the maps. I MUST HAVE THE MAPS. And the One Ring earrings. Yes, those too.
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 12th, 2012, 9:33 pm

I enjoyed the LOTR trilogy, but I don't plan on seeing the Hobbit. I am just not interested in it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 14th, 2012, 2:08 pm

I hear the Hobbit is a good film, but idk. I promised my friend I'd take her there for her birthday so I'll see sooner or later xD
Don't feed me violins.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » December 15th, 2012, 7:24 pm

*Sigh*. Oh, you people. I know they're taking some massive liberties with the story and all, but honestly, anything in the Tolkien 'verse is good for me. Now, if only I could actually go SEE it, that would be wonderful.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 15th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Boy, did the Minneapolis news paper film critic ever pan the Hobbit. He makes it sound like a first class bomb. I don't think the people who have seen it think that way, and I don't usually agree with the critics anyway. He gave it only one out of five stars. He seems to think the first two hours of the film are slow useless filler, and nothing interesting happens till the third hour. He must be one of those that only likes transformer movies and such.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 17th, 2012, 11:12 am

Dinky wrote:And the One Ring earrings. Yes, those too.
Really? One Ring earrings? *droooools* I want them I need them I. Must. Have. Them. :swt: :swt: :swt:
*turns invisible with a **poof***
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 18th, 2012, 10:38 am

Well, my friends who have already gone said it was A-MA-ZING so I'm assuming it's pretty good.. The only reason I'm not looking forward to seeing it is because I said I'd watch it with my friend in Amsterdam and our public transport just looooves to screw us over and make us pay a lot :sob: And add the costs of a ticket to the movies and I'll have the same amount of money I use to do grocery shopping for a week or two... Needless to say, I think I'll ask my friend whether we can't go in her hometown instead. xD
Don't feed me violins.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » December 20th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Yikes, Hiki! Well, the cost of the movie isn't much better here... but it looks like I might get to go this afternoon!!!!! Yes, Sakura- ONE RING EARRINGS. Seriously awesome and I would just die to have them! And the maps of Middle Earth... the hubsy asked, "Really? What would you do with them?" I just looked at him like he was brain dead and replied, "Uh, hang them on the walls!" He couldn't believe that I'd display my geekness like that...
Um, yes. Yes, I would. Gladly.
I was in a patient's room one of my last shifts, and a preview for The Hobbit came on, and I couldn't help squealing like a crazed fan girl, which was embarrassing, but led to me finding out that her husband was a complete Whovian/Trekkie/Firefly-fanatic/LoTR/etc nut, too. We proceeded to do that thing geeks do when they find a compatriot and spouted random quotes and factoids, giggling maniacally together while my poor patient just rolled her eyes and didn't really understand a word we we were saying. Oh, the little things that make life so fun!