Geek Fantasy Come True!

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: Geek Fantasy Come True!

Post by Hiki » December 23rd, 2012, 5:30 pm

We're fortunately going a little closer to (her) home :'D So it shouldn't cost that much now.. I hope xD Otherwise I'll take the car - which is still expensive, but at least then you can park near the theatre.

I had something like that - only then with Final Fantasy - when a friend from Norway came over. She was all 'omg, I didn't know you like FF too!'
And then I was like: 'Yeah, it's just too awesome! Did you go to Distant Worlds?'
Norwegian girl: 'Yeah! I was in London. I was think of going to the one in Edinburgh too'
Me: 'NO WAY. I WAS IN EDINBURGH. WHY WEREN'T YOU THEEEERE ;-; Let's go together next time!'
NG: 'Yeah!'
Don't feed me violins.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » December 24th, 2012, 6:58 pm

:thumb: Those moments are just awesome, aren't they?
And I DID get to go see The Hobbit- and it is awesome! Yes, they took some weird liberties, but hey, whatev. I spent the first half of the movie squeeing like a crazed fangirl (which, I suppose, I am...) over Martin Freeman's portrayal of Bilbo, because it was perfect! And giggling like a madwoman while the dwarves showed up... Poor husband next to me was so embarrassed. :shy:
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 24th, 2012, 9:40 pm

If you knew Dinky, you would know she isn't exaggerating one bit. Glad you enjoyed the movie Dinky.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 25th, 2012, 10:41 am

I have a friend who claimed it to be a B-movie. "Wtf he invited people to other houses they don't own what a (/!"&%"

He obviously didn't read the book. Poor guy.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.