This is my first post

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

This is my first post

Post by Sakura » December 15th, 2009, 8:54 pm

with Windows 7. Still think there is too much Vista-stuff still in the menu but the neew task bar is absolutely great.

Now I got to clean up my cat basket (a.k.a. "Documents and Settings")

:love: :love: :love:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: This is my first post

Post by JHawkNH » December 15th, 2009, 10:54 pm

Sakura wrote:with Windows 7. Still think there is too much Vista-stuff still in the menu but the neew task bar is absolutely great.

Now I got to clean up my cat basket (a.k.a. "Documents and Settings")

:love: :love: :love:
How is it stability wise so far?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 16th, 2009, 12:54 am

No problems... although my new computer isn't top notch. Installing the Windows XP mode right now for my label printer and this software to print stamps on letters and envelopes.

I had problems installing a few applications. Especially Microsoft Office 2007 (!!) doesn't work like expected. The "Business Contact Manager" crashed during install, complaining about a dll not registering. Several notices about incompatibilities, especially of Microsoft software :hmm:

Not very compatible but I'm sure it's for the best. It was about time to get rid of some stuff from the early 1990's. XP mode ftw :love:

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » December 16th, 2009, 2:44 am

Weird thing, that Office 2007 problem. None of the three installs I have made of it have had any problems with Office. Granted, one of those installs is already dead (the one that crawled to death after activating any kind of networking).... but it's still an improvement over Vista, which failed 4 out of 4 attempts.

P.S.
Ditto on the menu and task bar. Hate one and love the other.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 16th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Installation of the Business Contact Manager crashed. After running "Microsoft Update" (467 MB of patches!) the second installation went smoothly. Issues with the M$ SQL Server 2005.

I had to install our business software in XP-Mode (sooo glad I bought W7 Pro)

XP Mode claims to share a USB printer with the host system but you have to take it over to XP to actually print something. Hope they'll fix it ASAP :.: