Invitation to my room

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Invitation to my room

Post by oldwrench » December 6th, 2017, 9:51 pm

I need to get back to it again. My computer needs a video card to play it well though, I'm running on the graphics in my AMD processor. I didn't build my computer to play things like this.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 13th, 2017, 10:54 am

Microsoft turned off some older AMD "on-a-chip" radeon 3000 gpu's with their latest update. The drivers were abandoned by AMD and they didn't meet the quality requirements of Microsoft.The new guidelines also claim that every new computer now needs 8 Gigabytes of memory to be windows 10-certified. So much for "640 kilobyte should be enough for everyone" :gg:
Check out the "Radeon RX 480" (or something close to that) type of gpu's they're not expensive and have a powerful DirectX 12 processor. Purrhaps prices will drop after christmas :hmm:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 14th, 2017, 4:54 am

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 15th, 2017, 11:25 am

Please don't. The card only supports 8 "lanes" of the 16 possible PCI-E lanes and is thus transfering data with 50% less speed than possible! Transferrign data from computer mamory into graphics memory is one of the most important jobs of a video card.

You can see that the golden contacts on the plug end in the middle of the broader part of the connector. This is where your bits flow through. No golden contacts, no data flow. :pif:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 24th, 2019, 11:37 am

My new cat
Screenshot 2019-02-08 15.47.27.png

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 10th, 2020, 11:14 am

Here's a small video of my cutest online game character ever! :love:

I was looking for a new game since Final Fantasy 14 became more and more of a "closed" game to me. There was no place to chill and just enjoy the flowers and you had to learn the mechanics of 180 game boss monsters (60 instances with 3 bosses each). Inproving the lifeskills became more and more time consuming because every recipe needed up to eight (8!) ingredients you had to collect.

I still think FF14 was worth the money because the story was totally awesome, but there is no need to stay once the story is finished. I may get back to FF14 after a year or two just to continue the story with the next two add-ons.

Then I found the following videos on Youtube of Black Desert introducing the new supportive Shai character (it's a must see!!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXl8fMDB09c

followed by the Shai Talent Update trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evS2PuaLkr8

That game itself is a totally open free-to-play asia grinder with the best graphics ever seen in any online game, even Final Fantasy (which in fact looks very sterile compared to Black Desert) unfortunately it's open PvP and pay-to-win but I never was very competitive so I can just accept that I'm not ranking among the top 100 players but more among the top 1,000,000 :gg:
What I do pay for is of course the cute dress she wears :thumb:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 11th, 2020, 5:00 am

That character is off the scale of cuteness.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 11th, 2020, 11:03 am

Most of the stuff in the Trailers is scripted, but all emotes and movements are real, taken from in-game emotes and graphics. Also the graphics is real this is what the game looks like in "Ultimate" mode :love:
I also have her donkey - and the emote that allows me to sleep on it's back :thumb:
Shai are rarely killed in PvP - most of them are cuddled to death :kiss:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 15th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Starting today Final Fantasy 11 is free for 10 days. Hm I think I'll give it a chance (while training in Black Desert) :hmm:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 25th, 2020, 10:34 am

Update: It took them 8 days to remove some two-factor token which I never owned... and when I finally logged in I was purretty much astonished how old this game is and what simple graphics it had and how uncute my catgirl ("Mithra") is... logged off after 10 minutes :sob:

That 10 minutes totally ruined my memories of this game