Anime?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: Anime?

Post by JHawkNH » May 7th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity

500 years ago there was a battle between 3 deitys and humans along with one deity. The three lost and were sealed into wood relic. Fast forword to present day Yuuri Mito, the decendent for the shinto priests that follow the deity that helped the humans, comes across the relic. Due to an unfortunet event, the relic is damaged and the 3 deitys are released along with the deity (Tayutayu) that was keeping the other three sealed. Tayutayu takes the form of a small fox girl, she is quickly defeated by the 3 other deitys who then swear they will get revenge on her and the human world.

The series is taking shape as a herem story. One guy surrounded by alot of cute girls. So far there is a good amount of comedy but not alot of drama. There is a cute fox girl and alot of girls with ribbons and bows.

I give it a 7 out of 10.

I think that you should check this one out Sakura. I don't think it will be you favorite anime of all time, but I do think you will find it enjoyable.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » May 9th, 2009, 6:27 am

East of Eden- A boy wakes up without any memories in front of the White House holding a cell phone and a gun. And he's completely naked. AS US Secret Service begin to chase him, he grabs the nearest person, a Japanese tourist, and uses his survival instincts to escape. Now with only a complete stranger and a phone that connects him to Juiz, a self-proclaimed supporter who calls him one of 13 Messiah, the boy goes on a journey to find out who he really is.

Pros- well animated. Likable characters. Hilarious, I mean really. And surprisingly well acted. The entire first episode takes place in America and all the American characters are speaking English. Good English. Speaking of English, the opening is done by Oasis and it works really well. It's one of my favorite openings of the Spring Season.

Cons- Too short. It's slated for 13 episodes and 6 have already aired. I don't think it's enough time to get depth into all the characters.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - It's Full Metal Alchemist only different. It's what it should have been. This new re-telling of FMA is taken directly from the manga.

Pros- I love the manga of FMA so I'm so happy that this anime is going to animate some of my absolute favorite parts that weren't in the first anime. Visually stunning, the series is at movie level quality for the entirety of the first episode and doesn't diminish much after. Opening song is done by YUI, one of my favorite J-pop artists.

Cons- It's FMA. If you've watched the first series, you probably don't need to watch this one until about halfway through because it covers the same exact stuff.

Saki - all I can say about this one is watch it. It's about Majong. But who cares, IT'S INTENSE!! I have no freakin clue how to play Majong but this show keeps me glued to my seat. It's memorizing.

Basquash - I can sum this one up in one sentance : Giant robots that play basketball. But it's a lot more than that I'm sure. It just hasn't gotten that far into the series yet. Main character Dan hates BFB (Big Foot Basketball) because it not only took the legs from his little sister, but it doesn't even resemble Basketball! Determined to stop it, Dan steals a a "Big Foot" (read: Giant Mecha Car thing) and procedes to show the world how Basketball should really be played. Of course his "Reckless" playing destroys the stadium and lands him in jail for a year. Upon release he expects the game to be gone but instead he finds that he's become a Legend and now everyone is caught up in a Basketball frenzy.

Pros- Very fluid animation. Interesting, if not ridiculous, plot. Ending music is very addicting.

Cons- Slightly strange character design (one person's head looks kinda like a foot) has some very obvious sexual themes. One of the main heroines is obsessed with giving her "genes" to a strong male, and there's that "lunar bust" thing... I'll leave that to your imagination.

Shangri-La - It's the future and the world is in ruin. Poisonous forests has reclaimed much of what we once had and now humanity must survive in small livable areas. But hopefully no longer, for "Atlas" is creating a city in a tower above it all. Not much to say about this one so far because there are a lot of confusing things that haven't been explained yet.

Pros- VERY interesting premise. The main character's weapon of choice is a boomerang. Must watch just to see the 3 old otaku that live in Akihabara.

pro/con - depending on how you take it it could be pro or con but two of the main character's companions are transvestites.

Con- did I mention that it's confusing? Well it is. VERY. There's talk about carbon emission regulating, a little girl behind the scenes manipulating said regulations to her advantage, and a lunar princess that somehow kills you if you lie to her.

More to come as well as updates shows on this list...

Ntoonz
Fan
Fan

Post by Ntoonz » May 18th, 2009, 3:08 pm

I've been watching "K-On" and "Konnichiwa Anna - Before Green Gables". That, and "Hetalia Axis Powers". Enjoying all three.
Licensed online comic macquettes! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 20th, 2009, 8:11 am

I'm not enjoying anime anymore... it's just an empty field nowadays. Nobod has the intention.... hey wait I liked this strip explaining my problem.

Purrhaps apply that to Anime.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 23rd, 2009, 3:19 pm

Do you like psychological, mystery , horror types? When They Cry, starts out looking like a highschool comedy, artwork reminds me of Lucky star, lots of humor, then................. things get evil.

Plot Summary: On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

I've only seen the first dvd, it's quite interesting. The fact that it is done in the cute art form, makes the evil that much more shocking.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 23rd, 2009, 11:12 pm

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cidada's Cry) is indeed a very nice serie :love: I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei at the moment (third season) but since they're still working on it, I have to wait for the next episodes D: You should definitely watch it (if you don't have a weak stomach :gg: ). Oyashiro-sama no tatari is a strange thing indeed :gg:
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » May 24th, 2009, 6:25 am

I just finished watching the second season and yes, it rocks. I'm going to wait until all the OVA are out before trying to get them, because I hate waiting for the next chapters to air... yeah, I'm like that :p Also heard there are two live action movies, but haven't seen those around...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 24th, 2009, 9:32 am

Zeratul2k wrote:Also heard there are two live action movies, but haven't seen those around...
I thought there was only one... But I haven't seen them either and I really want to see them!! Tuesday I will try and find them, though.
Don't feed me violins.