Why I watch anime...

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: Why I watch anime...

Post by Kira » February 19th, 2009, 8:27 am

Hmm, I kinda wanna give anime a second chance. I guess I'll look into those.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Dechant
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Dechant » February 20th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Why do you watch Hentai?

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » February 20th, 2009, 8:54 pm

what!?
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Dechant
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Dechant » February 21st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Kira wrote:what!?
The question wasn't directed at you, it was a mere attempt to extend the thread opener's question to something I was curious to learn from the experienced.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » February 21st, 2009, 7:29 pm

Ya know to be honest, I really don't understand hentai(saw one once due to a really good friend, couldn't get into it), A lot of popular ecchi, I never even seen. Mainly just screen shots from anime sites.

I grow up reading comic books, so when I got into anime, I mostly got into the action stuff, all the ultimate good vs the ultimate evil type stuff. So also mostly a lot of the sci-if stuff, Tho I actually like a lot of the detective elements to stories.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 21st, 2009, 9:41 pm

As far as hent....... err, educational anime, um, most of it is junk I guess, from reviews I've seen, but I have seen a couple that are really quite good anime's. Kite is one. But most don't have any kind of decent plot. Now, I don't mind some fun fanservice, if it's not overdone, but anime without a good story line would be useless. I just finished Watching Gantz, you might like that one Kira, it is very violent and very dark. It delves into human nature, and it does have some scenes that I would consider as hentai, along with a bunch of nudity. This is definitely not for minors, but has a good story line.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

xXemobunnyXx
Established Member
Established Member

Post by xXemobunnyXx » February 23rd, 2009, 3:17 pm

Mmm, I used to. I don't get into it as much anymore. But back when I was twelve, i would come home every afternoon and wake up early every saturday to watch what happened to Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh and watch my (i'm embarassed to admit) yuri crush on misty from Pokemon. I know most people don't consider those shows anime, but if it weren't for them, I never would have graduated to Innuyasha, Bleach, Air Gear, Witchblade and Kurau Phantom Memory...
As for MANGA, I actually prefer western artists. No joke. I like Svetlana Chmakova, Ben Dunn, Fred Perry, Colleen Doran and Lea Hernandez better than any japanese artist!
Little girls can love unconditionally....and they can hate unconditionally as well...

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 23rd, 2009, 5:00 pm

Yes, Yugi-Oh and Pokemon are definitely considered anime. Pokemon is one of the children's anime, and Yugi-Oh is developed to sell game cards, but they are Japanese anime.

I was to a seminar on the manga style art being used around the world at the Schoolgirls and Mobile Suits weekend at the Minnesota College of Art and Design. It was very interesting to see how the Japanese art style has grown in popularity around the world. It's interesting that the original manga artists from Japan tried to emulate the early Disney styles and how they developed it into the characteristic japanese manga and anime style. Now it is emulated by artists around the world.........even right back to cartoon artists in the US........ What goes around, comes around.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » February 24th, 2009, 1:05 am

xXemobunnyXx wrote: Witchblade
I'm so very sorry, but the comic purist in me....*sighs, deep breath* Okay, I'm good...

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 27th, 2009, 10:31 am

You probably don't know the Hent... errr educational anime that is worth looking?
Storyline, romantic, etc.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.