good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: good things

Post by oldwrench » May 10th, 2020, 6:56 am

I hope everyone is staying safe during this time of illness. There appear to be lots of confirmed cases of covid19, but I believe there there are very many more that are unknown. Hopefully there will be a vaccine for this soon.

I have been plenty busy. With schools closed, we have had two of our grandsons here quite a bit of the time. They have to do school work and Dinky is a nurse, and her hubby is trying to teach college courses over the internet so they don't have time to work with the boys. 13 year old Koen is no problem, but 8 year old "wreck it" Ryker is quite a handful.

I have been trying to get my garden in, but temps for the next week are going to be far below normal, freezing overnight. I hope it will come up alright. I have been working on my tank model..... making the tracks has been a big problem.

Paranoia Agent is playing on cartoon network. It's one of the great classic psychological animes. It's such a great twisted plot.

Stay well and let me know how you are doing.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 10th, 2020, 11:47 am

Heh we're all fine so far. One Covid case in a comfortably far distance only. (Victim is okay) :pif:

I've always been the domestic cat so I have less purroblems with that Lockdown compared to other people. If you need a nice story with a twist I suggest to try out my "surprise game 2019" Gone Home. You're a 22 year old girl going back to her familys house after spending a year touring all through Europe. The house is completely empty. You have to walk around and find clues about what happened there. So much I can tell: The story is very emotional and I had to spend some tissues :shy:

I had to trash all plants when Sally moved in... you can have either a cat or plants. Not both. Definitely not both :meh:

Starting this monday the lockdown is purretty much lifted. Two families may meet and all shops are going to open (see: mandatory mask inside shops without exception!)
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 11th, 2020, 4:44 am

Max pretty much ignores plants...... and everything else.

Crisis girl had covid, she got over it in a couple weeks, mostly mild symptoms. Her husband, who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis didn't come down with any symptoms, neither did her two little boys. I'm convinced the news media here is trying to show us the worst possible cases. It's hard to dig out the actual statistics. Our governor is slowly opening things, but he says he might order it all shut down again if numbers of cases increase. I think it's a shame that they are trying to use this for political gain.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 11th, 2020, 10:59 am

There still is the possibility that they simly want to save your lifes :gg:

In Germany our government is advised by the Robert Koch Institut (of virology) and all the scientifical materials are public. Things change with new knowledge but since there is a scientifical reason behind the government's orders, we can deal with it much better than you. They always proclaimed from the start that Covid-19 barely has any effect on healthy people below the age of 40, has mild effects on people < 50 and severe effects on people aged 50+ which become very deadly at 70+. So your example of your daughter and grandchildren misses the point - that even people with mild or no symptoms at all can infect others very easily.

I will be among the 30-40% who can happily enjoy the vaccine in January (hopefully)

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 25th, 2020, 3:45 am

I haven't even had a cold this season....... no chance of contacting one. They are starting to loosen things up, maybe we wil be able to do things again over summer. Apparently this virus doesn't transmit very well outdoors. New York's subways made an ideal place to spread it. We also found out why Minnesota has had so many cases and deaths in nursing homes. When this began, our brilliant state health people and governor ordered the hospitals to send covid patients who didn't need intensive care to nursing homes...... put them right in there with the most vulnerable segment of the population. They explained we needed to keep the hospital beds open for the thousands of covid patients that were going to flood the system. SO far there have been a bit less than 500 hospitalized with covid in Minnesota, most of them from nursing homes.

My garden is finally starting to grow, the 4+ inches of rain last week got things going, unfortunately, the grass is growing too. Why can't they come up with a grass that only gets 3 inches long? Weeds and dandelions are doing great too. Dandelions are not native to the Americas, they were brought over from Europe...... gee, thanks.

After two months of mostly below average temps, we are finally going to have some warm weather.

The birds are fun to watch at my bird feeders..... they are going to run me broke, they go through more than 20 pounds of bird seed a week.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 25th, 2020, 10:29 am

Why are you feeding the birds in spring if I may ask?

Overseas the shops have reopened - with a big bunch of new rules in their packs - compared to other countries our government acted good and carefully, surprise... we don't have a selfish, retarded president here who suggests injections with bathroom disinfectant :gg: and decides to bring light inside the human body. Hehe what a stable genius :gg: "We have a very little problem here. 5 little problems."

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 26th, 2020, 12:19 am

Sigh..... another case of believing only what the media tells you and not listening to what the man actually said. I watched the videos and listened to what he said. He is no scientist, but he also didn't say anything that they attribute to him. Listen to the actual statement, not some media hack's interpretation of it.

Ok, our biggest problem was New York is the perfect petri dish to breed an aerosol virus. Subways, crowded living conditions, crowded bars and restaurants crowded working conditions, along with the culture of the city, it's ideal for spreading viruses. Poor advice from an ill informed CDC also was a factor. ...... We will get past this.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 26th, 2020, 9:59 am

Well we can absolutely tell that he failed big time :thumb:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » July 9th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Mew mew, do you purrchance have a copy of .hack//sign episode 6 in japanese with English subtitles? Mine seems to be damaged :sob:

Also I envy you for your 1TB AMV, is it possible to order a copy to Germany?

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 14th, 2020, 4:38 am

I have the series .hack//sign I would be able to make a copy of the disc for you. Since you own the set, I don't think it would be a copyright problem. The problem could be if there is differences in payback formats. I can copy it region 0, my copy software should be able to make a direct dvd copy.
If that is what you would like, let me know, and give me an address to send it to.