good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: good things

Post by Sakura » April 2nd, 2019, 5:23 pm

I'm supervisor of three testers. The team writes a very large application and most programmers hate writing tests because you cannot see any results in the main application. However, these tests - when done purroperly - dramatically increase quality and stability of the whole app. So to enforce a testing strategy I have certain powers over the programmers as well :gg:
Now imagine a little girl in a cute skirt with frills and cat ears scolding you :pif:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 3rd, 2019, 5:33 pm

Yes!! :love:
__holo_miyafuji_yoshika_and_reisen_udongein_inaba_spice_and_wolf_strike_witches_touhou_and_world_witches_series_drawn_by_ikuta_takanon__7416f7e206da20118e10a30a9d4511fe.jpg

My son wrote test software for IBM servers. The new servers have to be able to run any software that has been used on an IBM server. Not easy to do.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 3rd, 2019, 5:44 pm

Had a good time at Anime detour. Bought a model of Spike Spiegel's Swordfish fighter ship from Cowboy Bumblebee. It should be fun to build. It comes with figures of Spike, Jet and Faye. Painting them will be fun.

My son got me an art book of the anime Porco Rosso, and JH was there and he got me a golden gundam model when he was in Japan. I'll put picts up when I get it built.

At the Charity auction I bought a 256gb drive of all the latest anime music videos from the AMV site. Over 9000 amvs on the drive. I'll add that to the over 900,000 on the 5tb drive I got from the site a few years ago.

JH is doing well, and I told him to stop in and say hi to everyone here.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 6th, 2019, 11:35 pm

I said I would post picts of the golden gundam JH gave me.
DSCF6419.JPG
DSCF6420.JPG
DSCF6421.JPG
DSCF6422.JPG
DSCF6423.JPG
DSCF6424.JPG
DSCF6425.JPG
looks nice. several colors of gold and a couple other colors. some very small pieces. Fun to build..... very well armed.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 9th, 2019, 5:06 am

Still looking for the little girl in frills and cat ears to scold me.

yande.re 459897 ame_to_yuki animal_ears tagme uniform.jpg
yande.re 408338 animal_ears cleavage halloween nekomimi tagme.jpg
yande.re 395252 animal_ears maid mechuragi nekomimi.jpg
yande.re 360290 animal_ears cleavage heels nekomimi satsuki_mayuri tail thighhighs.jpg
yande.re 333012 animal_ears hyouta_(nekogamirin_c) megane seifuku-1.jpg

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 22nd, 2019, 3:55 am

Easter weekend and very nice weather. We haven't had that in a few years. I'm sure it is making people around here happy.

Bummer that Notre Dame burned like that. I feel bad for the French people. Nice thing is there has been so much aid pledged to restore the building. It was a national treasure.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 5th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Mew mew, it's sunny but cold outside so I stay inside and call alot of people on my phone.

Oh this topic is "good things" so I have to share the good news: I'm on the first diet in my life :gg: after struggling with my missing appetite for almost a decade. Almost wishing back the "good ole times" :shy:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 13th, 2019, 3:49 am

Nice to hear you need to diet, like the rest of us common folk. I finally figured out why I couldn't log on to the main page. I found the e mail from 2006 with my password, I had one letter wrong, g instead of q. I zm getting this new laptop set up, hope it works as well as the old one did.

it's an Asus X555Q with an AMD A12 processor, quad core, 8gb ram, 128gb ssd drive, AMD radon R7 graphics. It looks nice.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 13th, 2019, 8:57 am

Ah thanks for reminding me of removing the users from our main website and deleting their information. This old thingy isn't exactly "well purrrotected" and I don't want to lose the database with the un-salted password hashes. It's better to not have them in the first place.

1272 database rows anonymized

I showed you the new "evolved" system but it's far too much work due to the large gap in technology. Also the demo I showed you was hosting German text. There are actually 5 generations between the current and our old system so I would have to convert and re-upload everything :swt:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 15th, 2019, 4:17 am

Cute new avatar. That's Ochaco Uraraka from the anime My Hero Academia. She is one of the student's in the hero academy. Her "quirk" ability is to make things weightless. She isn't a catgirl in the series, but sure is cute in that picture.

https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/w ... demia_Wiki