good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: good things

Post by Sakura » May 19th, 2019, 10:53 am

Not... a... cat girl? *gasp* :omg:
And the anime is about her dealing with that issue? :gg:
I chose her because of the double anime fangs and overall crazy appearance
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 12th, 2019, 4:19 am

Headed to Malta and eastern Italy for two weeks. I may be able to contact you on the trip so keep watching. I don't have a computer along so I can't work on the next chapter...... maybe I'll write some out ong hand (gasp!) Yes, I'm old enough to know how to do that.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 13th, 2019, 6:40 pm

made it to malta. it's a long tiring flight. well I have two weeks to recover, then do it over again.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 17th, 2019, 11:11 am

I know of a purrson who wrote an entire book with his smartphone. (Purrsonally I think that guy needs help!) :gg:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 17th, 2019, 11:13 am

Wee I got my new screen and it's huge! :love:

The model number is "XB281HK" and it was € 499,- shipping included. I have also upgraded my hard disk with a new M.2-SSD. While my original Samsung 840 EVO was fast (550 MB/second) the new M.2 has direct main memory access and delivers more than 3,500 MB/second. I have also installed all 2 TB backup disks (3 pcs) as a tertiary windows raid drive. So I have now for gaming:
  • 1 TB Fast (Samsung 840 SSD)
  • 1 TB Ultrafast (Samsung 970 M.2)
  • 6 TB Slow (260 MB/second magnetical storage)
8 TB should be enough for some role playing games - and "Cat quest" I definitely need to get this game :gg: :kiss:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 1st, 2019, 1:36 am

Made it back, pretty much right on time. It was a good flight. we had comfort+ seats. much more room and better service. It was a nice tour, at least for me, the wife was miserable in the heat and is not a very good sailor. Ten days on the small cruise ship and she says no more cruises. The Artemis was a nice ship, a 50 passenger cruise ship. The cabins are small, but comfortable, it has a nice large lounge and dining area. They served good meals. Sodas and wine were available at any time, and free, as were coffee and coffee drinks. THe cruise began in Malta, moved up the east coast of Italy, stopping at a number of small ports, and ended in Venice. The day we toured Burano Venice the temp was 38c.

Sounds like a nice upgrade to your system. I like those M.2 drives. I don't remember if my motherboard has a slot for the drive but I guess I don't really need one. At my age, I don't do anything that fast.
8Tb, you are getting near half of the capacity I have, between my amv collection, my pictures, my videos.......... I have way to much stuff!!

I did watch a few anime series on the trip, I'll tell a bit about them later.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » July 2nd, 2019, 11:16 am

Glad you made it back alive. My work contract expired yesterday and the project was finished a few days early. At least I got some cash in my pocket and I can stop wearing this uncute "garments" although I'm not the purroper age for short skirts anymore :sob:

Hm well you forgot to add my 16 TB (4x4 TB) NAS system that keeps my videos, music, and data :gg: To use this M.2 SSD you need a new mainboard that supports the socket, which means also: new CPU and new main memory (e.g. a Ryzen 5 2600 + 16 GB G.Skill DDR4 + MSI X470 gaming plus + Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD) which adds up to $800 if you build your box all by yourself... this time I did everything on my own without having to ask someone ("someone"=O-kun)

About anime: I need to check for another school anime with default setting (every series needs a 9 year old genius high schooler (Chiyo-type) and a completely retard but loveable clumsy girl (Osaka a.k.a. Kasuga Ayumi)) --- too bad anime became mainstream it really changed the mood :pif:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 25th, 2019, 4:04 am

I congratulate you on building your system yourself. It is fun and satisfying if it runs when you get done.

The bus company and my wife have been keeping me busy lately, but I am working on the story. I'm just so slow at it.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 5th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Going to take a week to go and see my sister in Wisconsin. I'll get to do a bit of touring around too. We will stop for a bit at crisis girl's place and see the two grandsons. Actually, Dinky is the new crisis child...... she goes from one near disaster to the next, at least as far as she can see it.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 16th, 2019, 3:48 am

after a month of below average temps and a lot f rain, it lookslike we are due for a week of warm sunshine, that will be nice.
My raspberries are producing like crazy right now. I am getting a 5 quart pail full every day. I don't know what the wife is going to do with all those berries. Lots of jelly?
I have to be careful to cover the berries or Molly gets into them, she loves raspberries.