What are you watching?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

What are you watching?

Post by oldwrench » March 13th, 2008, 3:25 am

I just finished Karas, it's good, not wonderful. Plenty of violence and blood. Supposed to be protecting the city? Looks more like destroying it.

On cartoon network,I've been watching Bleach, which is nearing the conclusion, Deathnote, that one's a pretty good psyco thriller type, and Blood+, a pretty good story, but is fairly slow at times.

At work we're watching Shingu during coffee breaks, Simple anime art style, but a fun scifi story.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Kira » March 13th, 2008, 3:35 am

My brother just lent me The Melancholy of Haruhi Suuzumiya.

This show is just epic! More or less, its about this girl who wants to so badly meet aliens, time travelers and people with ESP, she doesn't even realize they are around her.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 13th, 2008, 4:17 am

Or are they there because she wants them to be? That show is so much fun. She is just not your normal anime school girl.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » March 13th, 2008, 4:54 am

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya... One of the (if not THE) best anime EVER. 'nuf said. :pif:
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 13th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Lucky Star is good too (same makers as Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu -- Konata even has the same voice actor as Haruhi) ^ ^ I'd tell you the story line if there was one... :meh:
Don't feed me violins.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » March 14th, 2008, 1:39 am

Haruhi's awesome, but I LOVE Lucky Star SO much!!! It's one of my favorite anime!!!

Currently I'm watching:
Persona: Trinity Soul- an anime based on the Persona franchise for the Playstation. It's alright but pretty slow.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - probably one of the most random anime series in the realm of Haruhi and Lucky Star, it actually parodies both those shows, and more! It's plotline (or whatever you might call a plotline) centers around a pessemistic high school teacher who is constantly trying to kill himself. But that's not even the craziest person in the classroom; there's also a hibikimori, a SPS (split personality syndrome), a love stalker, an illegal immigrant, and so much more. I highly recommend this series. (currently watching second series [Zoku] Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

Gundam 00 - yet another gundam series, I've actually stopped watching this one halfway....I might start up again, I might not.

I'm also re-watching Code Geass while I'm wating for both the second season AND for it to air on Cartoon Network one Blood+ is over

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » March 14th, 2008, 1:46 am

I need an anime revival, lol. I mean thanks to my bro, lending me Haruhi. I'm not even watching CN anymore. I am so over Naruto both anime and manga. Hence for the reason of comics! my second true love, (films being first). And now, I'm getting back into gaming, went crazy today, both Guitar Hero and DDR for the Wii plus SuperSmash Bro... *reaches into pockets to find lent*
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » March 14th, 2008, 1:50 am

I hope you meant to say "lint" instead of "lent" cause it would serously suck to have lent in your pocket.... wait no, it could be benificial as well. Whenever someone comes up to you complaning that you forgot something or didn't do something, you can just pull your lent out and say "sorry but as you can see, I gave it up for lent." and they won't be able to do anything about it! :thumb:

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » March 14th, 2008, 1:53 am

lmfao...awwman, I totally missed you Agito-man...bleh, my brain is so fried right now. I don't even know where I'm at half the time.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 30th, 2008, 1:59 am

Looks like Blood + finished on Cartoon Network. It was a good ending, the series is a bit slow, and lots of episodes, but a pretty good story and nicely animated.