Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by Zeratul2k » April 11th, 2009, 5:08 pm

* Christian stared at the old man suspiciously, thinking he had seen him before... when he was alive. He was trying to remember where from when yet another person came into the booth, doing a bad impression of someone surprised. He stood up, deciding to leave, when Silmeria pulled his sleeve. *

Silmeria: Don't...

* Christian sighed and sat again, looking at the girl in the entrance of the booth. *

Christian: It's ok, she's just sleeping...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 11th, 2009, 10:02 pm

*Lukas looked at the vial like it was a deadly snake. Then he looked at the older man, then at his sister. He quietly debated if it was alright to do as the man said...when he looked back at his sleeping sister he sighed, he positioned Lyra so that she could take a whiff from the vial and at the same time keep anyone but himself from touching her.*

*When Lyra started to stir in his arms Lukas felt relief washing over him. Lyra groaned softly as her eyelids fluttered open. She blinked several times to adjust her vision. The first thing she saw was her brother's face that was on the verge of crying, he also had a goofy smile on his face. She reached out and patted his cheek with her hand while smiling.*

Lyra: What's the matter Lukas?

Lukas: Idiot...* His expression then changed from relief to boredom, Lyra looked at him curiously. He helped her sit up on the floor before draping himself on one side of her. Lyra looked around their booth.*

Lyra: Eh? Why are there so many people? *Lukas then noticed the two newcomers...the other one though, the boy was a little familiar.*

Lukas,sounding bored: They came in when you were unconscious...

Lyra: Unconscious... *She looked around again before her gaze settle on Silmeria.* Oh! You...I...I saw something...a...ummm...a vision of some sort, I think. It was a dark place...and cold...

*Lukas regarded his sister with interest. She began telling the blond girl about her vision, she sounded as if she didn't believe what she saw herself. The blond girl seemed to be genuinely interested in what his sister was saying. Lukas wondered why she was really looking for her sister, was the girl kidnapped or did she run away?*

Lukas, looking at Silmeria: Why are you looking for your sister? Did she run away? Or was she kidnapped? Oh...and what's your name? *Lyra sighed. Her brother had no tact at all, she jabbed his side with her elbow, it wasn't hard because she couldn't bare to hurt her brother.* What?

Lyra, whispering: What have I told you about being subtle?

*Lucas shrugged without moving from his position, with him leaning on Lyra, an arm hooked around her shoulder and the other around her waist.*

Lukas: I'm curious...

Lyra: Idiot...*She looked at Silmeria with an apologetic smile.* Sorry about that, it was rude of Lukas to ask questions suddenly.

Lukas: Hey!

Lyra, ignoring Lukas: But, what is your name? *She looked at the others with a quizzical expression.* And can someone tell me what are all of you doing in here? Did you want your fortunes told?

((@Palacio: oohhh...Twin Team, I like!))
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 12th, 2009, 12:21 am

Silmeria: Sister...

* Silmeria looked down, thinking about Lyra's vision. Christian looked at the twins, still not convinced they were the real thing. *

Christian: She's Silmeria, I'm Christian. Her sister--

* Silmeria looked at Christian, as if telling him to shut up. *

Christian: What? you told me she could help, right? Anyway, her sister went missing almost two weeks ago and we are trying to find her.

* Silmeria looked down again. The look she had given Christian was only to remind him not to mention what they were. *

Silmeria: Last time anybody saw her was in this town. Everybody we have talked to has recommended we go visit a warlock called Lezard Valeth.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 13th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Lukas: Ah--I've heard of that person. The one that lives...

Lyra: ...near the mountain. They say...

Lukas: ...he's dead...

Lyra: but he isn't...

Lukas: The truth is...

Lyra and Lukas: He's a recluse.

Lyra: He's not...

Lukas: ...very fond of...

Lyra: ...people...He doesn't...

Lukas: ...go out much.

*Lyra turned her head sideways just as Lukas did, their noses where inches apart but it didn't bother them at all. There was no such thing as personal space when it came to them.*

Lyra and Lukas: He's quite old...but tall and strong looking and he's always wearing dark colors. *The twins looked back at Silmeria* Scary looking, we think. *They nodded at the same time before smiling at Silmeria, it was a calculated smile with just the right amount of warmth so that it wouldn't be doubted. They never smiled genuinely at others before, they never really had much of a reason to.*

*It was a little on the creepy side how the twins could do the exact same thing at the exact same time without missing a beat...or how they would continue each others' sentences. It wasn't a forced act or anything, it came naturally to them, like they had a sense for each other. Lukas moved and Lyra shifted to accommodate his new position, it was unconsciously done...they didn't need to ask permission or to give a sign. Lukas was now behind Lyra, still leaning on her with his arms wrapped around her neck loosely and his head resting on Lyra's left shoulder, his legs propped on either side of his sister. With the new sitting position Lyra had leaned back on her brother's chest, her hands on his knees. Lyra was looking at Silmeria while Lukas was regarding Christian and the others.*

Palacio
New User

Post by Palacio » April 13th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Ovar: they are creepy *looking at the twins and talking slowly to Idune so no one else could hear*
*Idune dint care about that the twins were making a highly well designed speech... but*

Idune: "why the hell do they want to meet that guy";"its not that he's hiding...i Think."

*Indeed Ovar himself did some secret errands for that guy, after all a thief has to eat, even Idune was involved, he once bought one or two of her belongings that she took from her home, gypsy stuffs. Idune looked at the old man he look quite similar, their smell, alchemists, where for Idune far more interesting than a magician a or hand reader, so she didn't care helping him a little bit... She knew he wasn't liked by all people, but still she didn't like the atmosphere this game was taking, she didn't trust the new people, they gave her a bad impression.*

*Ovar looking at Idune "my freaking god... She doesn't know how to act!! She had the worst face ever, maybe diarrhea?" *he punched her out the tent*

Ovar: what are you doing?!?!
Idune: nothing... I'm just thinking that, no matter what, this doesn't sounds good, this time our game its involve...
Ovar: oh C'mon, its not like that guy its innocent *he knew what he was talking about, doing business in the middle of the night hiding in the woods, weren't exactly a sign of innocence*
*She thinks over*

*Idune went inside again, while Ovar made some signs to the others that she was feeling down (blue)*

Idune: yes, indeed he lives in the woods, but its not so simple, he does lives there, but that doesn't mean he wont find about you being there, and that he'll show up... You need something to offer or to be trusty enough so he would answer your questions. After all he`s an hermit. I haven't been up there or have seen him, neither Ovar, *yes, Idune was lying, Ovar and her did knew him, but this time to lie was easier, she was looking outside the door while talking, to make sure no one else hear what she was talking about*
Idune: that guy its an hermit, he lives without us, he doesn't need us, why would he help you?
Idune: "if that its what you are looking, help or something else?"
*Ovar nodded*
Ovar: so what's the hook?

((@Palacio: oohhh...Twin Team, I like!)) @Yuki... oh my ^^ thanks. but shhh dont tell them :thumb:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 13th, 2009, 6:02 pm

*Alfred put the vial back in his pouch then looked over the two rather closely.*

Alfred: Ah..... you're twins! This is so interesting. I've heard of twins that were connected, ephemerally..... but I haven't met any before. So very interesting........... Oh yes, My name is Alfred, and I do so wish to have my fortune read. One never knows when you may need it. Fortune tellers all seem to give a different reading, sometimes I wonder if........ but it's so interesting, the different methods.... The gypsy with her bones, the fakir with his oat grains, the......... Oh! you use a crystal ball?? I've always wanted to see one work. *Al picked up the ball and gazed into it.* I've heard you can see yourself in them..... oh my, but this is only glass, i thought you needed pure crystal. If someone sold you this as crystal, they were dishonest. Can you really see anything in this?.......... Oh, wait, I have a crystal ball, I never could get the thing to work though. You can have it, it's at my house, just outside town.........

*Alfred noticed everyone staring at him.*

Alfred: Sorry..... *Puts the ball back* I tend to ramble on a bit. Getting old, you know....... *Looks at Silmeria.* Lezard, you say? You don't want to tangle with that one, he's a rather bad sort. I've had a run in or two with him in my time.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 14th, 2009, 4:10 am

*Lyra twitched, her lips pursed as she watched Alfred pick up the crystal ball they used to make the fortune-telling more dramatic. Then he goes on about that her crystal ball wasn't actually crystal but just glass. A light pink stained her cheeks. Suddenly Lukas stood up and grabbed the glass ball none too gently from Alfred earning him a surprised look. He gave a cold smile.*

Lukas: Sorry, customers aren't allowed to touch the crystal ball...*Lukas went back to his sister and sat in the same position again, placing the glass ball beside them.*

Lyra: It's fine, thank you. *Lyra responded to the offer of the old man, her smile didn't reach her eyes. She didn't doubt that whatever Alfred had was a real crystal ball but she doubted that it really could be used for fortune-telling. In fact the real art wasn't so dramatic, she used charts and she looked at the stars at night to be able to predict whatever fortunes she might say. And of course she and her brother were usually observers, they used that knowledge to personalize the fortune to fit the customer.*

*Since the people didn't seem to want to leave anytime soon, (Silmeria and Christian were probably learning more things about Lezard...)she excused herself, Lukas followed her. She headed for the changing area they had, Lukas stopped her. They talked softly so that no one would hear.*

Lyra: Just serve them something to drink, Lu...

Lukas: Why don't they leave? And they said something about you helping them. *His eyes flashed.* I don't think we should associate with this people Ly. They might take you away...or something. And what's with that old guy?

*Lyra smiled and patted Lukas' cheek gently.* Lyra: It's fine Lukas, they won't take me away. And I think that guy is just...well...old. Age does that to you.

*Lukas snorted as he went to get beverages and Lyra went into the changing area.*

----

*Lukas came back with a tray in his hand. He set it down in front of Silmeria. On it were a beautiful amber color glass pitcher filled with a sparkling liquid and seven Pilsner glasses with a crest engraved at the bottom, two, however, where different from the other four. The pair had a delicate twisted base and it seemed to sparkled under any kind of light.*

*Lyra came back out with her fortune-teller costume bunched and hanging from one of her arms. She had changed into her usual clothing, which was exactly like her brother's. She had removed the braid and replaced it with a low ponytail like Lukas'. Everyone stared at her when she sat down next to her brother. They looked perfectly identical, every feature symmetrical, especially now that it wasn't obvious that Lyra was a girl(she looked like a young boy, instead). It was hard to tell who was who, really. When the twins went into motion everyone lost track of who was who, the twins handed out the drinks, clearly amused by the look of concentration in the others' eyes. The pair of different styled glasses were, of course, for the twins.*

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

* Christian only began to drink after the twins did, still staring at them suspiciously. Silmeria, on the other hand, had relaxed and was looking curiously at the old man and the other two that had come into the booth afterwards. *

Silmeria: Even if Lezard is as dangerous as you say... if he can help me find my sister then I must meet him.

* She spoke in a low, yet clear and imposing voice, and looked at everyone in the eyes when talking to them. Christian drank half of his glass and looked at it. They looked quite expensive and had an engraved crest that Christian found familiar. He unconsciously lifted the glass to take a better look at the crest, wondering where he had seen it before, when Silmeria stood up. *

Silmeria: ... I'll need your help. You all seem to know important things about Lezard.

* She went around the room, first towards Idune, then to Alfred as she talked. *

Silmeria: You know where he lives... you know him from before...

* She turned towards Lyra and Lukas. *

Silmeria: ... and you two have a gift. I believe that with your help I can find my sister.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 14th, 2009, 5:48 pm

*Lukas was drinking very slowly from his glass, his eyes following Silmeria as she went around to talk to the others. Her voice was authoritative, like they had no choice but to do as she said. Oh she seemed like she was requesting their help but with the voice she was using it meant that no one can say 'no' to her. Lyra shifted beside him, he knew she was thinking the same thing as him. They hated it when they were ordered around, hated it when they didn't have a choice in the matter.*

*Lyra frowned slightly against her drink as the cool liquid ran down her throat. This girl , Silmeria...she was something different. Lyra knew she saw the genuine sadness earlier, Silmeria must really miss her sister but Lyra just didn't care being ordered to do anything. Lyra stopped drinking at the exact time Lukas did. They both set their glasses down, their movements looking perfectly choreographed.*

Lyra: I'm sorry...but-

Lukas: -we can't.

*This of course shocked Silmeria. She stared at them with something akin to hurt in her eyes. Lyra and Lukas were unaffected by this, some people would feel guilty at refusing Silmeria's request for help but that was how thew twins were. They just couldn't see any benefit for them, and they usually just didn't care enough to do anything that didn't concern them. And they were blunt about it. Their tone was monotonous and in sync, it sounded like it was only one voice as they told Silmeria that they wouldn't help her. They wouldn't go with her. And that her problem had nothing to do with them.*

((haha...my characters are acting like selfish jerks...sorry about that but that's how they are, at least initially. don't worry, sooner or later the twins will warm up to the others))

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 15th, 2009, 3:35 am

*Old Al smiled at the interchange between Silmeria and the twins.*

Alfred: Interesting, so very interesting. You are so very unique. Few people could resist such a commanding voice.......*fixes a piercing gaze on Silmeria.* You are a different girl, you must be from a distant land. I've heard such a voice before, *Looks off, musing* yes............ ah, yes, I remember. It was a woman too. Freya, a young woman I befriended, oh so many years ago. She was a beauty....... and she never seemed to age, we met many times. *Chuckles* I was quite a ladies man in my younger days. I use to joke that she was a goddess, maybe Aphrodite. I never did learn what land she was from....... *Notices everyone staring at him again* Ah..... sorry, I ramble on again, old memories, you know. *Looks at Silmeria.* Adventuring is for you young ones, but I'd love to go along with you. I'm sure old Lezard would love to take another crack at me. Ha! Warlock indeed! ..... *Looks at the twins.* I do wish you would reconsider, this has the makings of a grand adventure.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.