Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by Zeratul2k » April 9th, 2009, 12:15 am

* In the kingdom of Alberta, a land of merchants and mercenaries, after the war that saw the downfall of both Morroc and Payon, a strange situation arises. A secret envoy from the Aesir, a valkyrie, has gone missing. What she was doing in Alberta and how she disappeared is still a mystery. The Aesir decided not to look for her and to cover up the incident, in hopes of avoiding yet another war. One of the valkyrie's sisters, however, descended to the land of mortals to look for her missing sister after recruiting the help of the last soldier her sister had sent to Valhalla. *

* Christian opened the door of the store for Silmeria, who walked inside slowly, looking down with her face covered by a dirty cloak. She went towards a corner of the store and looked at the goods, while Christian walked up to the owner. *

Shop Owner: Good day, good gentleman! How can I help you?

Christian: We need some supplies and... information.

Shop Owner: Sure thing! Going in a trip?

* Christian nodded while handing him a list of supplies. The owner took it and started taking the supplies and placing them in the front desk while talking. *

Shop Owner: And what's the information you need?

Christian: We are looking for someone... Lezard... something...

Shop Owner: Only person that goes by that name around here was Lezard Valeth. He had a villa just out of town before the war.

Christian: "Was"?

Shop Owner: Yeah, he was hired during the war, but never came back. I heard he's still alive somewhere, though.

Christian: Any ideas where?

* The owner put the last of the supplies and put his hand in front of Christian. Christian took a small cloth bag out of his pocket and gave it to him. *

Shop Owner: Thank you. Rumors say he's in a small town four days from here, towards the mountains.

Christian: I see... thanks.

* Christian put the supplies in a big backpack and walked towards the door. Silmeria was already by the door, waiting for him. *

Silmeria: Any leads?

Christian: I think so, yeah. Let's go.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Re: Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 9th, 2009, 10:06 am

Lukas: Lyra, I'm hungry...

*Lyra sighed, a reluctant smile creeping up on her lips. Her brother was almost always hungry, it was a good thing she didn't seem to need a lot of food or they would never be able to save some money.*

Lyra: You're always hungry brother...I wonder if you're only a big stomach with feet.

*Lukas scowled as his sister as he plopped beside her. He poked the glass ball that was placed on a cloth stand in front of his sister.*

Lukas: I can't believe people actually fall for this kind of stuff...

Lyra: People will believe anything dear brother as long as you say the right words...

*Both were silent as they looked at the glass ball, Lyra flicked her hand and some sort of smoke filled the ball. Lukas grinned. Lyra practiced her sleight of hand with the glass ball for her next fortune-telling when Lukas spoke up.*

Lukas: But do you really need this kind of thing for it to happen? *Lyra shook her head. It referred to the sudden visions that Lyra would get at random times.* Do you think it'll happen again?

Lyra: Maybe...maybe not...I'm not sure too. But I'm glad it happened when it did.

*Lukas stared at his sister then nodded.*

Lukas: Me too.

Lyra: Why don't we go attract customers Lukas? You're hungry, right?

*Lukas nodded and the twins did their little show to attract attention to their set-up booth. Lukas had made a beautiful sign for their little movable booth that captivated most people into trying whatever they had to offer.*
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 9th, 2009, 6:02 pm

* Silmeria stopped once she saw the twins and stared at them curiously. Christian turned towards and looked at what she was staring. *

Silmeria: What's that?

Christian: Fortune telling... or so they say.

Silmeria: You don't believe in it?

Chrisitan: Not really.

* Silmeria began walking towards the booth ignoring Christian's protests behind her. Still, he followed her closely. When they were in front of the booth, Silmeria looked at Lyra from under her cloak. *

Silmeria: Can you help me find my sister?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Palacio
New User

Post by Palacio » April 9th, 2009, 9:03 pm

*While Idune sneeze because of the dust in the streets, sits close to a wall and reclines, releases her self of the weight on her shoulders. Two full bags, and a rectangular box that works as a sample-box, lies close to her.*

*Shes being selling the whole morning.*

Idune: Just 12 buttons... *sighs* its been a really bad day today.

*then a kid, with big eyes and big smile, skinny and pink as a flamenco, appears on a side, sits Squatting close to her*

Idune: Ovar... there
Ovar: what?

*Idune its pointing two his right hand, he has an apple*

Ovar: oh, you want this? *he grins*

*Idune gazes at him, well that's true, she does, but its not what she meant, she was worried that Ovar had stolen something again, although they aren't family, for her he's like a little brother, maybe even a son? she has (sort of) taken care of him since he was 9 and now with 14, hes more difficult to control*

Idune: what have you done now Ovar?

*Ovar stands up, like thinking in leaving, but he shakes his pants, and sits again, with a big smile he looks at his friend*

Ovar: Nothing i swear, i was helping the chef Jull at a ceremony, he gave me two apples, since you like them so much i was thinking to give them to you, but they looked so delicious I couldn't avoid it and ate one. ¿do you want this one?

*Idune believes him, its almost like a reflex, takes the apple with no doubt, but while she bites it she looks that his belly has grown just a little too much since last time.*

Idune: Why did you gave me the little apple?

*Ovar feels uncover, but not because the apple, he did ate the little one, maybe Idune noticed something, he stands up very slowly, but Idune grabs his jacket and shakes him while having the apple in her mouth. A package of leather falls, and his belly shape returns to normal state*

Idune: Don't try to fool me Wet-Rat *she called him by his street nickname, she is the only one who calls him by his real name and he feels deeply hurt when she doesn't*

*Idune opens the package, it was a cloth leather that CUBRE a paper, a smell emerges, honey, there where lots of lemon leaves dipped in honey*

Idune: what its this? *Ovar smiles*
Ovar: i took the leaves of lemon of the kitchen, the leather i found it one day, and the paper.. well i asked for it!
Idune: and the honey?
Ovar: well... the honey... i know you like it...
*Idune feels mad, he stole it, but still, although she feels like a mother towards Ovar, it was never implicit that she was a good one, in fact she spoils him a lot* *She took one lemon leaves and put it in her mouth, it didn't tasted so bad, when you have hunger anything does*

*She already has half of the apple and goes by the third lemon leave, when she notices that Ovar leaved his spot, and its following a new incomers couple, they went in a store, and Ovar was spying them* *Idune grabs the stuffs, bags, box, leather package and follows Ovar*
Idune: What are you doing Ovar *Through the window she sees a petite young girl walking inside the store* Ohhh.. a girl, shes very pretty *Ovar nods* but it seems that she already has a knight *Pointing to the male that was walking with the girl, she hit the point Ovar didn't liked the idea, they both lowered their heads after that*

Ovar: don't ruin it Idune, you never know, she might like me *Idune feel a awkward moment of jealousy and proud*
Idune: Its hard for a thief to defeat a knight *she said to recall the bad habits of Ovar*
Ovar: you never know Idune, i think that girl its really pretty and she might like me *he repeats it like trying to convince him self*

*While they where speaking the girl went out the door, then both stood up and leaved the place like ruining from punish for speaking about them, it seems she didn't notice the presences of these two or she didn't care, bigger problems maybe, after her partner went out the store, Idune and Ovar already had agreed that they had a new toy to play for a while, or to stalk*

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 10th, 2009, 11:05 am

*Lyra smiled when a girl approached her. She led the girl and her companion to their booth. Lukas produced two chairs and their customers sat down.*

Lyra: I might be able to help...may I ask a description of this person you're looking for?

*Silmeria nodded and proceeded to describe her sister, when she finished Lyra and Lukas shared a look.*

Lyra: This missing person...your sister, it seems impossible to forget seeing someone like that.

*Silmeria took down the hood of her cloak, Lyra and Lukas stared at her. Lyra had seen her blue eyes earlier when the girl spoke to her but without the hood, the girl's eyes looked to be sparkling, set on pale skin. She had shiny golden locks that shimmered under the light. In fact she looked liked the description she gave.*

*Lyra noticed the sad look in the girl, some part of her wanted to help but she knew it would be a waste of time for her to do something not concerning her or her twin. She pursed her lip, well the least she could do was tell the girl the truth and not give her false hopes.*

*Lukas noticed that the girl's male companion was fidgeting a bit.* Must be getting impatient...*He thought. He looked at his sister, usually she would be spouting those general forecasts she usually did. Most, if not all of them were coming true since she based them on some kind of chart and the stars...he didn't really care to grasp his sister's hobby, he was just glad that it was somewhat a steady income for them. There were a lot of superstitious idiots around them, after all. *

Lyra: *She reached over the table where the glass ball was and rested her hand on the girl's hand.* I'm going to be honest with you, miss...I don't thi--

*Lyra took in a sharp breathe and her hand instinctively closed. The place where she and Lukas set up their booth faded from her vision to be replaced by another place...it was dark and she could almost feel a chill, something creeping along her skin.*

*Lukas had seen the sudden change in his sister and fear grasped at him. He went around the booth and took hold of Lyra, he tried to pull her away but one of her hands wouldn't let go of the girl's hand. He shook her.*

Lukas: Lyra...Lyra...can you hear me? Lyra...Lyra!!! *Lukas shook her again, harder this time and waited for a response. All he got was a blank stare, and her eyes were darker than usual, so dark that it was almost impossible to distinguish her pupils from her irises. Lukas gritted his teeth. He was trembling as he held his sister. She was limp in his arms except for the hand that was stubbornly holding on to the girl's hand.* What the hell...Lyra, wake up! Lyra!

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 10th, 2009, 6:31 pm

* Christian looked down and shook his head. He believed this was just part of the trick and Silmeria seemed to be believing every part of it. But Silmeria knew that what was happening wasn't normal. *

Silmeria: Has this happened before?

* Without waiting for an answer she leaned towards Lyra and placed her free hand on her forehead. *

Christian: What are you...

* A dim glow filled her palm as she pressed it against Lyra's forehead. After a second she let go and Silmeria sat back on her chair. *

Silmeria: She's sleeping.

Christian: Wha... what was that?

Silmeria: She... has a gift.

Christian: What?

* Christian stared at Silmeria, confused. Silmeria looked back at him. *

Silmeria: She can help us. I know it.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 11th, 2009, 4:03 am

*Igor gave Alfred another shove in the direction of the store.*

Alfred: Yes, I know I forgot something........ let me think a minute, I'm sure I'll remember. *Igor gave him another shove.* Alright, alright, that's enough, you old oat burner, I'll remember, if you just wait a.............. Oh! Oats. That's what I forgot...... your oats.

*Alfred started toward the store, then stopped in his tracks.*

Alfred: Oh, look Igor, a fortune teller. I didn't know there was a fortune teller here. *Igor gave him another impatient shove.* Now stop that, I say. I'll be with you in a minute........ I've always wanted my fortune told.

*Igor stood with his head down, his ears and tail drooping. Al had had his fortune told, many times. There was the "Gypsy" woman, and the Middle Eastern "Fakir"...... oh, and the "Mystic" from Asia, and the.......... well, Al had forgotten all about them, as usual. Igor, snorted, then wandered over to the store and nibbled at the bags of grain sitting outside.*

Store Keeper: What's the matter, Igor........ Ah, Alfred forgot your oats again, did he? *Laughs and lifts two bags onto Igor's back.* I'll just put them on his account again till next time.

*Alfred excitedly entered the fortune tellers booth.*

Alfred: good day, good day....... would you be willing to read my............ Oh, my!! is she alright?? *Alfred looked from the unconscious girl to the two young men and the seated young woman.* I do hope it isn't anything serious. Is there any way I can be of assistance? I'm an alchemist, you see...
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 11th, 2009, 11:44 am

*Lukas was holding onto Lyra when the girl placed her hand on Lyra's forehead, he resisted the protective urge to bite the girl's her hand off, it wouldn't do any good. When Lyra seemed to be improving Lukas adjusted his position so that he was cradling his sister. He sat Indian style on the floor. He was regarding Silmeria with distrust.*

Lukas: This sort of thing never happened before...*Lukas looked at his sister's sleeping face then remembered that one other time.* Well it happened once before...it's been a couple of months now...but it hasn't happened when she's telling fortunes.

*Lukas thought he heard the girl's male companion snort. Lukas gave him a glance, he was quite sure that that man wasn't a believer.*

Lukas: What did you mean when you said she has a gift? And that she can help you? *Since Lukas came up with his own conclusions, he looked at the pair with more distrust.* You aren't taking my sister anywhere...

*Before the girl can tell him what she meant another man, who looked like he was older than them, came in. He looked worried when he saw Lyra unconscious. He approached them and crouched next to Lucas, he was about to try and examine Lyra when Lukas pulled his sister away from him. Lukas didn't like some other man touching his sister, for some reason, must be an older brother thing.*

Palacio
New User

Post by Palacio » April 11th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Idune: Lyra...Lukas...
Ovar: Twin Team eh...

*They've both were wondering what were the couple asking Lyra*

Idune: Twin Team?
Ovar: Yeah, everyone calls them like that...
Idune: who?
Ovar: kids... my age *starts looking for a place were to listen what they were talking*
Idune: and why? *follows him in a clumsy way*

*Idune who came from a gypsy family knew about the things Lyra did, some people were real some werent, for her, she didnt really care if Lyra was or if she wasnt, she leaved her family because of this, and watching Lyra working reminds her lots of things of the past*

Ovar: well.. its difficult to approach them, and when you do, no matter what, you always feel there its the twins team and the others kids team...
*Idune cuts Ovar, starts feeling awkward in following a kid game*
Idune: I'm leaving, people who believes in stars and magic balls are kinda boring for me, good...

*Then they listen to a male voice who says, "Oh, my!! is she alright??"*

*Right away, Idune runs to the entry, she is worried lyra its hurt, after all she has never seen those kids hurting somebody*
Ovar: The girl! those Twins! *He things that the twins made something vicious*
*Idune comes back and hits Ovar in his head*
Idune: Stop it Ovar, if you don't like someone doesn't mean they are evil
*She carries one of her bags, and gives OVar the other*
Idune: Come
*Ovar follows her with hurt look and feels like the donkey in front of the booth*
*Idune doubts, should they go in?,after all how could they know something bad happened?*
*after thinking...the solution is*

Idune: Hello!!! i need a fortune... OH MY! JUST WHAT HAPPENED?! IS SHE ALRIGHT??!

*yeah.. shes not a great actress, Ovar sighs*

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 11th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Alfred smiled at Lucas: Ah, you worry about your sister, that's good. It will be alright, I've seen many a woman of the courts faint. Perhaps she hasn't been eating well enough. *Alfred rummages in the pouch slung over his shoulder.* Just a moment..... I know I have it...... no....no....... not that one...... ah, here it is. *Alfred holds out a small glass vial, with a cork stopper.* Now, if you just let her get a wiff of this, it will wake her right up.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.