Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Frozen - Prologue

Post by Zeratul2k » September 7th, 2008, 6:54 pm

* Avan tilted his head, processing what Jim had just said. *

Avan: It's year 969 of the New Era.

Eli: New Era?

Avan: That would be... let's see... 3032 A.D.

* Eli's eyes opened like plates as he stepped back. *

Eli: 1022 years! Oh my God...

* William finally found a way outside through the maze of collapsed hallways and destroyed equipment. He looked around and backed up, tripping and falling on his butt. There was a green pasture as far as the eyes could see, with a few trees scattered here and there. *
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 8th, 2008, 2:50 am

Jim blinked: Oh, my! Something must have really gone wrong. But so many years..... What advances has the world seen? Have you colonized the planets? Traveled to other stars? What kinds of wonders....... But... you said salvage, *Jim noted the sword, and lack of any high tech looking devices.* new era........ something happened...... Did some disaster come? What happened to the world?
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 8th, 2008, 5:23 am

* Avan tilted his head again. The others back at the haven wouldn't believe this. He pointed behind him with one hand, as if leading them out of the room. *

Avan: It's a long story. Why don't you come with us and I'll explain in the way?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » September 8th, 2008, 6:38 am

*Cynthia was quietly listening to what the two strangers were saying. She heard the date. The New Era? She looked at the strangers and wondered why they looked so...primitive? She wasn't sure, wouldn't the New Era suppose to be more high tech? She started to walk away when a hand clamped on her arm. She turned to see Mark surveying the place. When he gave a silent signal that it was fairly safe Cynthia began to move.They all followed Avan and Baran out of the room where they were met by an expanse of green field as far as the eye could see. So different from the military-like buildings that were standing there before.*

Cynthia: Where...are we?

Eli: We're still the same place, Miss Wynter but you see...we are 1022 years in the future.

Cynthia: 1-1022 years! How? You said we'd only be frozen for five minutes?

Eli: I know, something must have gone wrong. I'm not sure either. Maybe if we hear what happened we could somehow understand why we were frozen for such a long time. *Eli looked expectantly at Avan.*
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 8th, 2008, 2:57 pm

*Rhea felt hayley gripping her arm,she glare at her which made her giggle nervously*

Rhea:I know your afraid but this is rather painful...

Hayley:sorry rhea...

Rhea:sheesh!!

Hayley:ain't you afraid though....were pretty far from our time...

Rhea:Of course i am....but it doesn't help to be afraid.*she smile at Hayley before looking at Avan*Judging from the look of things i take it this new era has dangers we should be afraid of?
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 8th, 2008, 3:24 pm

* Avan stood near the entrance of the complex, trying to make his radio work again. He looked at Rhea when she talked to him. *

Avan: Uh? Oh... Hmm... You know, the usual.

* In the meantime, William had wandered outside. The grass was high and reached up to his knee but he didn't care, this was way more interesting. In a depression, where it couldn't be seen from outside, was a big, weird-looking hovercraft. He walked up to it, reading the inscription on the hull. *

William: "Machinae Prime"?

Leona: Who are you?

* The voice made William jump. He turned around quickly and saw a young woman and a man looking at him. *

William: Erm... I'm William. I... I'm with the group?

* Leona and Hyunkel looked at each other, wondering what he was talking about. A radio could be heard in the distance and Hyunkel quickly climbed up to the bridge of the hovercraft, at the very front of it, and answered. A few moments later he peeked outside through a window. *

Hyunkel: The captain is calling us, Leona, we have to go! You too... whatever your name was.

William: It's William!

* William followed Leona into the hovercraft through a series of ladders until they reached the bridge. As Leona and Hyunkel started the engines, William looked through the windows to the rear of the hovercraft. There was a crane to a side of the bridge and the middle area of the hovercraft was a big storage area filled with what looked like scrap metal, broken equipment, etc. In the back, over the fans driving the vehicle, was a dome-like mount that William couldn't identify well in the distance. A few minutes later the hovercraft started moving and stopped next to the group, at the entrance of the installation. Avan lowered a stair and invited everyone in. *

Avan: Welcome to my ship, the Machinae Prime! It's only a salvaging ship, but it's comfy.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 8th, 2008, 5:28 pm

*Jim looked over the craft. Very interesting, so, technology hadn't died. Maybe it hasn't advanced a lot but it had moved ahead in some fields. They must have developed improved power sources to be using hover craft for land travel. It takes a lot of power to hover a vehicle for a long period of time. Wheels are more energy efficient. Wonder what they use for power.*

*Jim almost jumped as Avan tapped his shoulder.*

Avan: Time to get on board, elder.

Jim: Oh!..... Yes, I guess so. It's just very interesting. My expertise in my life went along these lines....... I was in aircraft repair business. I'm afraid I'll have an awful lot of questions.

Avan: I'm sure we have techs that will be very interested in talking with you.

*They got on board the craft.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 8th, 2008, 6:05 pm

*Rhea looks at the old man,she sigh.doesnt he think of danger,this world is different from ours so he shouldn't be realy trusting stranger.....she was pull by hayley who drag her into the ship*

Rhea:Hayley?

Hayley:i feel better when were in the ship....Rhea...for now lets be on our guard

*Rhea sigh,Hayley isn't the kind to be overprotective,she look at avan as the rest of the group follows*

Rhea:What do you mean by usual?cos in my time....i doubt we have these dangers...
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 8th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Avan: As long as we are in the ships, our only fear are pirates. But don't worry, they don't usually roam around here.

* When everyone was in the ship, Avan gave the order and it started moving again. William followed the others downstairs, below the bridge, towards the living quarters. It was a small, yet welcoming place and it looked more like a the living room of a house than the inside of a ship. Avan sat in front of a small desk, ordered Leona to bring something to drink and sent Baran to help Hyunkel command the ship. After that he took a book and looked at the group as they sat down where they could. *

Avan: Ok, let's see... where to start...

* He flipped through the pages and stopped after a few seconds. *

Avan: Here... "And the dark god Asmodeus ordered his demons to destroy all mankind using fire and illness. Mankind was decimated, for Asmodeus was too strong. But Ishtar, the goddess of light, heard the prayers of mankind and created the havens, where the last remains of mankind took refuge until the demons were defeated by Ishtar."

* William, along with most of the group, looked at Avan in disbelief. *

William: What are you--

Avan: Book of Light, Chapter 1, Verses 34 to 37.

William: That doesn't explains anything!

Avan: Of course it does. The fire and illness Asmodeus and his demos used is nuclear power. You see, a little more than 1000 years ago there was a world wide war. More than 95% percent of the population was killed as a result. After that, there were 30 years of nuclear winter, when the survivors had to make do with what they had... even more people died back then... After that, though, the world pretty much healed itself and that's how we got here.

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 8th, 2008, 6:31 pm

*Rhea stood in bewilderment,*

Rhea:hey!!what are you saying???h,,, wait i think u i get it!!!

Hayley:you do?

Rhea:OF COURSE NOT!!!1I THINK THEIR CRAZY!!!

Hayley:Rhea calm yourself,um avan sir could you explain to us when you say 1000 ago...and what do you mean 94 percent of the population was killed?