5 Minutes: Reloaded

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: 5 Minutes: Reloaded

Post by oldwrench » March 14th, 2020, 3:30 am

Must keep coming back.........

I"ve got to finish this story, I have too many interesting ideas. !!!! Will John and Georgianna actually get together? Will the colonies revolt, or will the alien threat bring them together? Is there going to be a war, and will anyone survive? Will Ben actually hook Katt up with his brothers, and would she actually go through with contacting them? Is Arisa's father going to ruin her happiness? So many questions.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 16th, 2020, 7:26 pm

You should add a new and lethal pandemic vir... oh no that's too common nowadays :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 24th, 2020, 10:26 pm

The alien threat may be lethal enough.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 25th, 2020, 10:06 am

Ok then: lethal alien pandem.... OK OK I got it :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 3rd, 2020, 4:23 am

Perhaps aliens getting into your head would be pandemic enough...... well, to some of the races it seems to be, good thing humans have a good immune system. Now then, to get on with the story........ I really need to get on with the story.

Chapter 61

Tock'r walked next to Aah'n following the two very large humans. As he looked around he felt uneasy. Aahn's message had informed him that most of what they thought they knew about the humans was flawed, but much of what he saw appeared to contradict what Aah'n had told him. He wondered if the young ambassador had been somehow misled. Tock'r had been in the diplomatic core much longer than the ambassador, he didn't resent the fact that he was an aide and the much younger Aah'n was his superior, Tock'r's family caste were aides, Aahn's were ambassadors. He just worried Aah'n's inexperience may cause him to make errors of judgment. He knew this mission had been thought of as foolish by many in the ruling class and that Aah'n had been assigned the mission because he was one of the youngest of the diplomats and his family undistinguished in their ranks. Tock'r was assigned to Aah'n because his family was lowest in their caste. No-one had expected them to encounter an advanced civilization out here. This could mean great advancement for them, or terrible loss.

“Ambassador,” Tock'r addressed Aah'n in a formal manner in their own language. “I know you told me that much of our information about these people was in error, but I feel something is wrong here.”

“Oh? What is troubling you, Tock'r? Aah'n addressed the aide more informally, inviting a closer relation.

“You stated that the humans had never encountered another race, that they are not currently at war. You implied that only four humans were at this location with you, yet there is a fully functioning military base here manned by many humans, even children. Did they compel you to leave this out?”

Aah'n smiled as he looked at Tock'r. “I wasn't compelled to say anything, Tock'r,” he informed his aide. “What I told you was true at that moment. It may seem hard to believe, but since I sent that message, the humans have brought all these soldiers and large weapons. In a matter of minutes they transformed this place from an empty base to a functioning defensive position.” Aah'n chuckled, “also, there are no children. There is a great range in the size of mature humans....... And, did you notice that many of the soldiers are females.” Tock'r stopped for a moment and looked incredulously at the soldiers. “In fact, the officer commanding this group is a female.”

“How can all that be true?” Tock'r asked, feeling even more confused.

“I don't know.” Aah'n replied. “Keep an open mind and keep alert. They have made us feel welcome........ I hope it's not just an illusion.”

“It was the right thing to do, having that tended to,” The doctor told Arisa. “If you had let it go, you would have had quite a bit of pain and chanced an infection. It's a third degree burn.”

Arisa sat up as the med machines finished cleaning the burn and applying a layer of pseudo skin. “I know,” Arisa sighed, “It's just I wanted to.....”

The doctor smiled at her. “Don't worry young lady, he will be there waiting for you. You have all your lives to be together. Now try to get some sleep, the shuttle down to the surface will be back tomorrow.

Georgianna watched the med bot finish building the cast that held her forearm ridged yet left open areas to tend to her wounds. She frowned unhappily, Aliens, that thing in her head had been theirs, Aah'n's enemies, he had confirmed it when she described what she had seen. She knew what they looked like, if she ever saw them she'd....... but how? At least not now, the cracked bones in her arm would heal in a few weeks, but the torn nerves would take months, or longer. She may never have as fine of control as she had before. She wished John were there, he always had a way of making things better, after Tarsonis..... after that thing, in her head.... Oh god, had she actually said yes? He had proposed to her.... well actually he had informed her that she was going to marry him. She'd agreed, but...... What would he think now, now that she couldn't use her right hand, may never be able to use it as well as she had. Had she been to quick to agree? What did her heart truly want?

Aah'n buckled on the strange belt harness as Ben instructed him and told Tock'r to brace himself and be ready. He had seen the human shuttles take off, not like their own shuttles smooth acceleration but literally jumping into the air on their powerful thrusters. The humans seemed so physically solid that it probably was nothing to them but he was sure it would be a terribly crushing ordeal for his people. He closed his eyes and braced himself when he felt the vibrations as the engines increased in power. After a few seconds he opened his eyes to see what was happening and was shocked to note that there was nothing to be seen out the front of the shuttle. A cloud raced by the windshield and Aah'n quickly looked out the small side window. They were already far above the surface and rapidly gaining altitude! He had felt almost nothing! Their technical people were going to be very interested in this development. There were so many questions he wanted to ask these strange beings, but he had to be careful, he had no idea what might be taboo, what might upset the truce they had, what might anger the humans...... remembering the quick anger of the female captain, he had no desire to face an angry human.

“If it is permitted, may I ask if it is the female of your race that selects the mate.” Aah'n held his breath, hoping his question was appropriate.

“Huh?” Ben replied, “um, not usually..... I mean, it doesn't work like that, it's a mutual thing..... Why do you ask?

“I thought the female soldier was trying to secure you as her mate,” Aah'n explained.

Chad laughed, “she certainly was hopeful, too bad Ben's already taken.”

“Then, you already have a mate?” Aah'n asked.

“No.....no, not yet,” Ben stammered.

“Ya, right,” Chad chckled, “you two are married....... all except the ceremony.”

Ben's face reddened, “well, I haven't asked her yet....... I want to but.....”

Chad was still laughing, “what's there to ask? Just take her to a priest and get married.”

“You make it sound so easy, but I don't see you doing it,” Ben sighed.

Chad's turn to get a bit red, “we haven't gotten that far yet.”

Aah'n was facinated by the exchange but a bit confused. “I, ah, thought that you and the small lieutenant, Arisa, were mated.”

Chad turned even redder, “not yet....... we're just going together.....I hope, some day.....”

Aa'n shook his head, this kept getting more confusing. “Going? Where? I just don't understand your ways at all.”

“Chad means they're spending time together, getting to know each other.” Ben tried to explain. “How do you find a mate?”

“When we feel it is time to mate, we go to the female compound and are given a female who is ready to mate.” Aah'n replied. “After mating she is returned to the female compound.”

“You don't have families?” Ben wondered.

Aah'n knew of races that gathered in family groups, but it was more the exception than common. “That isn't how our society operates. That is why I have so many questions about your society.”

“Well, ok,” Ben answered, and he gave Aah'n a short version of how humans in general met, fell in love, and married.

Aah'n just shook his head. “It is, um, a bit difficult for one from my society to understand, but very interesting. I would like to learn much more about your people.”

“I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances to learn,” Chad smiled.

Melpomene looked in her mirror as she braided her long hair. Aliens! Of all the things she had prepared for, she had never expected to meet aliens. How should she dress? How should she greet them? Should she dress in her regal gown and tiara? True they were only ambassadors, but from a whole league of empires. How many had he said? Twenty three? She thought how small her position actually was, she could hardly imagine twenty three empires. She must be very careful, if indeed the league's enemies had targeted the human empire, they would surely need the aid of the league to defend the human empire.