5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: 5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Post by Sakura » January 5th, 2012, 10:45 pm

oldwrench wrote:Yup, a Dell M5040. I'm sure it's small and slow for computer experts like you people, but at my typing speed, even my VIC20 could keep up with me.

I'll start on the next chapter tomorrow.

Now if I could just do art work.......
Ooohhh you really have one of these rare VIC robots?
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am

Yup, my first computer......... sort of computer. A 4bit processor and 8k of ram memory, it used cassette tapes for storage media and your tv set for a monitor. Hey, it did have color and sound. Actually, my son has it now, along with his C64 and Amiga, and it does still work.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 13th, 2012, 6:20 am

And I stll work too, sometimes. At least (or at last?) I have another chapter. We're approaching the final battle. The combatants are lining up. The Red Faction still has the advantage in the number of mechs. They have the twelve they took from the Ticonderoga. Time is counting down, stick around, things are just beginning to heat up.

Chapter 87

A message came through from command central for General Parker. “Sir, we have lost the subspace connection with the Krikav.”

“Damn, is there a problem with the equipment? Can you get them back?” The General quickly asked.

“No, sir,” The com tech replied. “There is no fault on our end, the connection was suddenly terminated on the Mar Sara end.”

There was no message about another attack, Parker mused, I hope it’s just an equipment failure. “Do you have a connection with that Mech on the planet?” He asked.

“Not at this time,” the tech returned. “Lieutenant Ross was shutting his unit down for repairs, he has not come back on line.”

“Let me know as soon as you make contact with either of them.” Parker ordered.

The general turned to his Chief engineer, “How is the refit of the com systems coming?”

“All of the boards have been delivered. They should be installed within the hour,” He replied.

Parker turned to his tactical officer, “I want the task force under way immediately. What is our best time to Mar Sara system?”

“If we enter warp as soon as we clear the gravity well, it will take fifty three hours and twelve minutes.” The officer answered. “The supply units hold us back, sir. They can’t accelerate like we can, and don’t have the power to warp space as deep as we can. We could make it in thirty eight hours if we left the slower ships behind.”

“Alright, The Tsien and the Ramses can keep up with us, at maximum warp. The rest will follow at best possible speed.” The general ordered.

Roy watched Chad remove the fuel hose and climb down from his mech. He was particularly watching for any signs that Chad might be hurting more than they knew. “Well, ready to move out I see. Are you sure you’re up to this?”

Chad tried to breathe without letting his ribs move too much. “I think so sir. I’ve got a couple cracked ribs,” he admitted. “Nothing I haven’t had before. Won’t hurt any worse sitting in Ghost than sitting around here.”

Roy handed Chad a sheet of paper, “well, alright, but you take it easy. That’s the data for our com system. You can set your com up to contact us. We’ll need your recon input. Tan’s bringing Souske’s flatbed around. He’ll take you within a k of the mine.”

“With the thrusters fixed, I can just boost over. It’d be a lot faster.” Chad told him.

“Think boy,” Roy chided. “That thing might be invisible, but do you think the thrusters are silent. They’d know you were coming from ten k away.”

“Oh,” Chad answered sheepishly, “I hadn’t thought of that.”

“Well, keep your wits about you. You’re going to have to watch out for sensor arrays, mines and pressure sensors. This is completely different than fighting in space.” Roy instructed him.

“Damn, how do you expect me to drive all the way to the mountains with that thing on the truck?” Tan asked. “We wouldn’t even have any tarps big enough to cover it.”

Roy laughed, “We don’t need tarps, and nobody will even know it’s there. Show them, Chad.”

Chad looked up at Ghost, “Stealth on Ghost.” Immediately the mech vanished.”

Tan jumped, “wow, they perfected a cloak. That’s incredible, I thought they were years from perfecting that.”

“Well, they’ve got it, and it’s our advantage.” Roy told him. “Just get Chad over to that mine. We’ve set things in motion. We take that base in thirty eight hours.”

Chad shut down the stealth and started to climb into ghost. Rachel stopped him. “Chad, here’s a box of sandwiches and some drinks. It’s going to be a long wait out there. And, Chad, when this is over, when you get done with the EDF, there’s a whole shed of tools here waiting. They’re yours, if you want them.”

Chad smiled, “thanks, Rachel, I think I just might like that, someday.”

Dominic watched the door open and waited. It was Rydia, just like she’d promised. “Did you get it?” He anxiously asked.

“Yes, it was in a file on the main computer. It was encrypted, but that didn’t take long to break.” Rydia told him.

Dominic looked over the file, plans of the Red Faction base. He looked through the diagrams of the control circuits. He hoped to find some way of cutting off control of the nuclear devices Rydia claimed were hidden in the planet’s cities. He found control circuits connected to the commanding officer’s room, those must be it. They ran through a room containing the other control electronics, but through a separate system. “Rydia, is there some way you could get me into this room?”

“It shows that it has an electronic lock, I won’t have any trouble getting in.” She assured him.

“Great, then I should be able to disconnect the feeds to those nukes,” Dominic told her, pleased with the plan. “Well, it would help if I had some kind of tool, a cutter or knife, or something.”

“I’ll bring that for you,” Rydia told him. “Anything it takes if you can just save those people.”

“When will you have Atropos ready to leave?” Dominic asked.

“Day after tomorrow, in the morning,” Rydia answered. “I have the thrusters ready, and almost have the inertial dampers programed. Edward still thinks I’m getting ready to fight against your ships.”

“Good, the more he thinks that, the less he’ll suspect what’s really happening.” He assured her. “This is going to be easy. You’ll be gone before he realizes it.”

Rydia stepped up and wrapped her arms around Dominic. “I’m so glad you came here. I don’t know if I could have lived with myself if all those people had died.”

Dominic held the young woman. “It wasn’t your fault, Rydia. You didn’t make those plans. But, because of you, we have a chance to stop them.”

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » January 13th, 2012, 7:30 am

Oooooh, awesome! Man, i really want to read the next chapter now >__<
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 24th, 2012, 6:11 am

Moving right along, slowly...... Got another chapter for you. Things are getting set up, not a lot of hours left till the attack commences. Can Roy get all the pieces in place in time? And, Will his plan work? The Red Faction seem to have things well organized, and well protected. Will Dominic be able to get away? Time will tell.

Chapter 88

Roy watched the truck pull away, it might look empty, but he knew Chad had Ghost crouched on the big flatbed.

Burt came up behind Roy, “They’ve got the relays up. You have a connection with the Krikav.”

Roy smiled. “Good, now to convince the colonel that we can pull off this plan.”

The truck picked up speed, its large soft tires humming on the road way. Soon they had picked up enough speed and the truck lifted on its air cushion, accelerating quickly to its high speed cruise. It looked strange to Chad, he seemed to be floating above the truck’s bed as they hurtled along at breakneck speed. For a few moments, Chad thought of standing the big mech up and riding the truck like the boys did their skate boards. He sighed, that would be too crazy.

As they sped on, Chad’s thoughts went to his mission, and the implications of the impending attack on the base. What would he do? His orders from command were to recon the base and wait for them to arrive. Colonel Hellwind was apparently following orders, waiting for the fleet to arrive. Should he follow orders, or should he join Roy’s attack plan? If he didn’t, Georgianna and John would have less of a chance of surviving the attack. He was sure they would join the insurgents. The Ghost just might be able to tip the battle in their favor. Somehow, he’d have to choose.
Chad remembered the subspace com. He should have it on, and he should reset the short range com to connect to the system Roy’s band of insurgents had set up. Chad booted the subspace and in seconds was getting an urgent call to connect with EDF command. Chad sent his acknowledgment signal and waited. Almost immediately he got his reply. “We have lost contact with the Krikav. Subspace communication link has been lost. Forward any intel you have on the situation.”

Chad stared at the message...... No, it couldn’t be........ no.... there must be a problem with Greg’s com unit. Chad felt sick inside, if they were attacked again, with the four mechs here on the planet........ Chad sent back. “I have no information on the Krikav. Short range com is blocked by the asteroids. Should I boost out and recon their situation?”

Command came back, “no, continue with your mission. We will need detailed recon when we arrive. ETA 34.2 hours.”

Chad desperately wanted to jump off the truck and boost out into space searching for the ship, but knew he couldn’t. He set about adjusting his com to call Roy with the bad news.

Roy was smiling when he came back to the kitchen table, and it wasn’t just because of the supper that Rachel had prepared. “I talked to your colonel, seems he’s decided to go in with us. He’s on the move, he’ll be in position when we make our move.”

Georgianna looked up from the plate of food Rachel had set down in front of her. “Just what is your plan?”

Roy grinned, “short version, captain, I lead a group of miners in the back door and take over their base. You and the rest of Hellwind’s command come in the front door and keep them busy till we get the job done.”

“Keep them busy?” Georgianna barked, “that’s suicide. They have tanks and AA canons along with their mechs. We wouldn’t have a chance.”

“I’m not asking for a suicide, we have troops ready to attack the tanks, that would keep them off you for a while, and when we get control of the base, we’ll have control of those canons, then we can take out those tanks.” Roy reassured her. “Your colonel is sending the rest of the mechs from your group to joining you for the attack. That should draw any mechs they have out and we can use the canons to take them out too.”

“That all sounds good, but the colonel isn’t going to send anyone to back John and me. He has us down as deserters. We’re more likely to be shot on sight.” Georgianna admitted.

Roy laughed, “maybe you should be, but, he said, since your scouting mission took you to the planet, you’ll be in command of the mech attack force when they arrive. He’ll reprimand your overly zealous scouting action after the attack.”

Georgianna looked stunned, and then smiled. She looked at Rachel, “This meat is really excellent, it’s a strange texture though. I’ve never had anything like it.”

“I suppose you haven’t” Rachel answered. “It’s from our own beef, not from a synthesizer.”

“Your own beef?” Georgianna asked. She looked at her plate with a puzzled expression.

“Those cattle they have out in the pen.” John told her. “They probably killed and butchered it here themselves.”

Georgianna looked at her plate in horror, “They kill cows and……” She looked back at John.

“Of course,” He answered as he picked up a nice piece with his fork. “Nothing quite as good as a piece of REAL roast beef.” And he popped the meat in his mouth with an exaggerated smile.

Georgianna turned very pale.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 4th, 2012, 9:02 pm

After writing, rewriting, and revising, I think I have this chapter ready to go. I've strayed a long ways from the simple outline of the original rpg so It's getting harder to keep things straight. The Red Faction is preparing for the battle and the people of the planet are in serious jeopardy. There are still a number of nuclear bombs under their cities. Will general Geraldine set them off? The Krikav has started to move, bringing it's pilots to meet up with Mar Sara's rebels on a collision course with destiny.

Chapter 89
General Edward Geraldine frowned at the communicator. He just didn’t want to believe they weren’t going to send transport to remove his troops before the EDF fleet arrived. “I have the division ready to move out. I’ve pulled them all in to the launch base. All you need to do is get transports here, we can have them loaded in less than twenty four hours.”

“There is no time, the EDF fleet has departed. They have sent their fastest ships ahead, they will arrive sooner than we had expected,” his commander told him. “It is immaterial, your men are dispensable. You have failed to carry out your orders to complete the contingency plan.”

“But it wasn’t necessary,” Edward pleaded, “she’s agreed to destroy the enemy flagship. I won’t need to use the other bombs. They’ll do it for us.”

“You are in error, they have discovered our takeover of their communication system. You will carry out the plan,” the leader ordered. “When the fleet arrives, detonate the remaining devices. It then will be blamed on the EDF. The loss of your division is unimportant if this brings on the war.” The commander turned and looked at his subordinate, “do you still have control over this one?” He asked. “Yes, leader,” the subordinate replied, “though control is becoming difficult.” The commander turned back to his communicator. “When you have detonated the devices, you will bring the girl and her weapon to me. We will take what we need from her.”

Edward left the room, upset, he didn’t want the blood of so many civilians on his hands. That, and he didn’t like the idea of sacrificing his men when it shouldn’t have been necessary. But mostly, he was upset about the order to bring Rydia to them. He knew what happened to the soldiers that his commander’s men had dealt with. There was no way he was letting those bastards have Rydia. Edward was stopped in the hallway by one of his men. “Sir, the Krikav has moved, their orbit has changed to bring them over the poles,” The officer told him. Edward dismissed the man. Damn, he thought, what is Daniel up to. He has to be planning some kind of surprise attack. Edward smiled, so that’s why he sent that mech in, sacrificing a man to test our defenses. Well, he’s in for a surprise himself. I’ll move some of the equipment from the air field here. I’ll triple the base defense. I can still make this look like the EDF’s fault.”

Arisa was half way to the hangar to return her helmet when the call came for the pilots to assemble in the ready room. She turned around and headed for the room, getting there ahead of most of the pilots. Colonel Hellwind and Aiden were there, and Ben. Arisa found a seat and Ben came over and plopped his huge bulk down next to her.

“Hi there kitten. Hey, what ya got here?” He asked as he picked up her helmet. “Cat Ears?”

“Well, you’re the one who started calling me kitten,” Arisa answered in a petulant voice.

Ben started laughing and plopped the helmet down onto Arisa’s head. “It’s perfect for you Kitten.”

Colonel Hellwind stared at the little pilot with the ears on her helmet. After a few seconds he started to chuckle, then started to laugh. Arisa pulled the helmet off, frowning at them. “Alright, it looks dumb. I’ll take them back off,” she almost shouted, feeling tears starting in her eyes.

Colonel Hellwind finally got his laughter under control. “No, don’t take them off, lieutenant.” He gasped. “They’re just fine. In fact, you’ve just done me a world of good. I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. Thanks.”

Ben grinned, “That’s our kitten. I vote to make her our mascot.” Arisa stuck he tongue out at Ben. The rest of the pilots filed in, wondering what was going on.

When the pilots were seated, the colonel looked over the room. “There has been an event on the surface that has forced my hand. “ The colonel ran a replay of the nuclear explosion on the screen. The room was silent when the replay ended. “That nuke had to have been set by the Red Faction. It’s hard to conceive of their reason, but we cannot take the chance of them detonating any more. We will be joining a group of locals and captain McFarlaine, Lieutenants, Crichton and Ross, in an attack on the Red Faction base. You will all be suited up and ready in twenty eight hours.” The colonel laid out his plans to take the Krikav in through the opening at the South Pole. The ship would proceed with two mechs in advance position. He called on Megumi and Rose to take the point, since he didn’t have a firefly available.

Arisa broke in, “sir, wouldn’t it be better to have a Lancer along at point. If that giant mech would come out, a Thunderbird would be useless against it. A lancer might be able to damage it, with the rail gun. I would like to be on point sir.” When the colonel had mentioned Chad, Arisa knew she wanted to find him. Besides, she still needed to prove herself.

The colonel looked over the young girl. She was eager, and, he knew she had a reason to want to lead the attack. Maybe those weren’t sound military reasons, but the fact that only a Lancer would have a hope of damaging that huge mech was true. He could send Ben, but he’d rather have the big guy covering the ship. Maybe he wasn’t thinking straight, but sometimes, when things were getting bad, strict military thinking wasn’t what was needed. “Alright lieutenant, that sounds like a good enough reason. Megumi, you remain with the ship, Rose and Arisa will take point. When you reach the objective, captain McFarlaine will be in command. This isn’t going to be easy, they have at least some of the mechs from the Ticonderoga, and we don’t know if they have more of those black mechs. It will be up to you pilots to keep them from taking down the Krikav so we can use the main gun on that weapon of theirs.” Daniel dismissed the pilots.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » February 4th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Looking good so far, man! I always pictured Geraldine as a bloodthirsty bastard, though, one of those psychopaths that only care about their goals. It's an interesting twist, what you did.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 15th, 2012, 4:55 am

Yup, I'm still working on this story. Things are starting to line up. Roy's attack plan, Dominic's escape plan, Geogianna's plan to keep this from ending up another Tarsonis, Edward's commander's plan to start a fullscale war, Arisa's plan to find Chad. Everyone's got a plan. All I have to do is figure out what they are.

Back to the story.

Chapter 90

Chad tried again to make connections with the rebel’s com system. He’d found the simple cell system busy when he first tried to contact Roy, and with the repeaters needing line of sight for connection, he’d been unable to reach them for over an hour. Chad was surprised when he made connection. He waited for them to get Roy to the com. Chad felt like lead inside. He had to tell Roy that the Krikav’s subspace com had broken off, that the ship might be gone. He’d thought he’d finally become part of a group, he’d thought………. He remembered bright blue eyes and warm soft lips……

“Chad, you weren’t going to get in contact till you were in position, is there a problem?” Roy asked him.

“Something’s happened to the Krikav,” Chad told him. “Their subspace system is gone.” Chad heard Roy laugh and felt anger flare. How could he laugh over the loss of the ship?

“So Hellwind made sure they couldn’t find out what he’s up to,” Roy laughed. “Don’t get bent out of shape boy, I just got finished talking to your colonel. He’s in on the plan. He’s bringing the whole damn ship down to the base. The attack is going as planned oh-six hundred hours.”

Chad couldn’t believe how relieved he felt. Not only were they alright, they would be joining the attack. Chad had a bit more confidence that they might pull this off.

Rose lay on her bed, tears blurring her eyes. There hadn’t been any mention of Dominic. She’d held out hope that he was with Chad and the others, but now her hope had been dashed. All these years they’d been together, she’d followed him, always hoping that someday, he’d realize, she was there. Rose clenched her fists, they’d killed him, she’d make them pay.

Georgianna stood on the porch at the back of Rachel’s house. She just had to get out, she couldn’t stand how much John was coming on to that woman. She was damn near old enough to be his mother……… She slammed her fist down on the railing.

“Something got you a bit upset, girl?” Rachel asked. She held out a bottle of beer as Georgianna turned around. “You’ve been glaring at John most the evening.”

Georgianna took a good swallow of the beer. “How can you stand it? He’s been making passes at you since we got here.”

“A bit jealous there, are we?” Rachel chuckled.

“What? No! I couldn’t care less……. I mean, he’s just a lecher, he flirts with every girl that comes around.” Georgianna grumbled.

Rachel laughed, then took a swallow of her beer before answering. “They all are, honey. Don’t tell me you’ve missed Roy making passes at you. It’s in their nature. Most of the good pilots are like that, a bit arrogant and competitive. They have to prove to themselves that they can get any female they want. Doesn’t mean anything though, they’re just puffing themselves up. They don’t really want all those girls. When they find the right one, they stick with them. Now take Roy, he’s always flirting with the girls but he’s never stuck with one, but since my Souske died, he’s been coming around, taking care of things for me, helping out. He’s been hinting around that he’d like to get into my bed for a couple years, cause I’m the one he’s settled on.” Rachel laughed again. “One of these days I’m going to shock his boots off, and let him in.” Rachel turned to go back into the house. “You take good care of John, girl, cause you’re the one he’s settled on.”

Dominic lay back on his bed, he thought over the plans. He just hoped the brainy little girl would be able to pull it off. She knew what she had to do, but was she brave enough to keep her head. She certainly wasn’t military material. He sighed, well, in a little over a day he’d find out.

Daniel looked up at the main screen. There wouldn’t be anything to see for hours yet. Maybe he should try to get some rest.

“Daniel, you have a spare Thunderbird, Aiden’s, I’ll take it out for you.” Johanna said behind him.

Daniel turned around, “no, I can’t let you do that. It would be too dangerous.”

“You know I can handle a mech, Dan,” Johanna replied.

“But it’s been a long time, Johanna. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Dan told her. “Not this time.”

“I haven’t lost it,” Johanna assured him. “You know you’re going to need everything you can throw at them. Yes I know the odds aren’t very good for pulling this off, but one more Thunder bird might make the difference.”

Daniel frowned, he didn’t want to admit it, but she was right. He sighed, “you’re right, I need that extra bird. Have Aiden brief you on his mech’s systems. You’ll stay with Megumi, near the ship.”

Johanna smiled, “Don’t worry, Dan, I’ll be careful. I won’t make the same mistake twice.” She stepped forward and gave Dan a quick kiss. “Thanks.”

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 4th, 2012, 6:29 am

I'm back with more. I'm drifting farther away from the original rpg, but I'm still close enough to the story line. Time is getting short till the battle for Mar Sara, and perhaps, the empire. Everyone's plans are coming together, but, as is the the fate of all plans, mistakes will be made. Who will make the mistakes, and who will pay the price? Battles often depend on timing and precision movements of men and machines. Fates of men and empires hinge upon the execution of complex plans, mistakes can destroy even the best laid of plans.

On with the story.

Chapter 91

Chad worked his way, carefully, past the defensive perimeter. There was the usual array of sensors, with Ghost they were easily passed. More difficult were the trip wires and pressure sensors. They weren’t always easy to detect, especially while trying to negotiate the mountainside forest. He spotted some of the tank and AA cannon defenses and called Roy. It was going to take a while to check the perimeter defenses. There wasn’t a spot he could observe the whole area.

“You don’t need to bother with the AA and tanks,” Roy informed him. “We’ve got that mapped out. I sent your colonel the intel on their perimeter defense. Once we take their control room, we’ll have control of the cannons, and the ground troops are set to take out the tanks. Just get down close and keep an eye on things. I want to know if they send out any mech group.”

Chad made his way to a ledge, less than a k from the main base. He had a clear view of the huge doors closing off the entrance to the underground base. Chad settled in, it was still a couple hours till sunup, and it would be a long day.

Arisa had a lot to think about. The colonel had instructed them on the strategy of the attack and informed them there would be civilian combat units assisting. There were also noncombatants at the base compound and they would try to keep casualties to a minimum. She was going to have to rethink when to pull the trigger.

Rose stopped Arisa in the hallway. “You’d better not fail this time, girl. Take out anything you see in range. Is that clear?”

Arisa frowned, “no, it isn’t. You heard the colonel, there could be civilians or noncombat units.”

“Bull s**t,” Rose growled. “There may be civy’s on the ground, but it’s not our problem. You just blast anything you see, we’ll worry who they were later. I’m sure as hell not going to die just because you’re too sweet and innocent to kill someone. You wanted to be a pilot, start acting like one. This is kill or be killed. You gotta take them out before they get a chance to take you. If some civy’s get in the way, too bad, at least you survived.”

Arisa stood her ground, “you’re wrong, just because you’re scared doesn’t mean you should just kill everything around you. You have to make a decision to fire or not, and if you’re wrong, be ready to defend yourself. If you can’t do that, you’re not a soldier, just a murderer.”

Rose, fists clenched in anger, turned away. “Just stay the hell away from me.”

Roy tried to bar Rachel from the door to his truck. “You’re not going. It’s going to get dangerous. It’s no place for you.”

“Like hell I’m not.” Rachel told him. “You know I can handle myself when the going gets rough. I’m as good a shot as anyone you have and you can use all the troops you can get. Hell, a third of your troops are women, don’t try to tell me I’m not good enough.”

“Damn it Rachel, I just don’t want anything to happen to you.” Roy sighed, he could see she wasn’t going to give in. “Alright, I’ll send you with the troops attacking the perimeter.” He figured that should be the least dangerous place. They’d have control of the cannons and they had specialists trained to take out the tanks. The rest was just waiting to secure the area once the enemy mechs were taken out.

Edward checked over their preparations. No matter what Hellwind had planned, they would smash it. He knew his base was nearly impregnable, and his added defenses just made it more secure. He smiled as he checked the monitors. Rydia was working on Atropos, readying the weapon to take out the EDF fleet’s command ships. They were nearing his dream of a war for independence. Soon he’d lead the colonies when they defeated the decadent Empire.”

Chad was half dozing. He’d set Ghost’s sensor suite to alarm if anything happened. He was dreaming of pretty blue eyes and soft lips. His dream was replaying the time Arisa had climbed into her mech in front of him. His dreams lingered on the petit girl and those loose fitting uniform shorts. As the alarm woke Chad, he was glad he wasn’t wearing his flight suit with Yuki monitoring his bio signs.
It was mid-morning when the alarm pulled him out of his dreams. The huge doors closing off the base tunnels were sliding open. Chad stared in awe at the giant mech inside the cavern. The thing was massive, much larger than the Lancers that were moving past it and out of the cavern. Chad was so awed by the giant that he almost missed it……. There were too many Lancers. Four of the machines were moving out of the door, the Ticonderoga only carried three. As the doors closed, chad quickly increased magnification and adjusted for the darkness in the cavern. He didn’t have time to count, but there were a lot more mechs than would have been on the Ticonderoga.
It took a while for the rebels com people to connect Chad with Roy. Chad reported what he’d seen, and that the four Lancers had set up around the field.

“It’ll be alright,” Roy assured him. “All we need is your people to create a ruckus. They’ll send those mechs out and once we have the headquarters secured, they’ll either surrender or we’ll use the cannons to cut them down. I’ll let your colonel know what you found out.” Roy signed off. He knew he couldn’t tell Hellwind about the extra mechs. He might just pull out of the attack, and he needed the Red Faction to concentrate on a frontal attack.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » March 9th, 2012, 12:27 pm

What about

a) more kittens *smile*
b) update by Email, so I can update the pdf?

Happy meowies and kisses :kiss:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.