5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: 5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Post by oldwrench » November 1st, 2009, 10:54 pm

Ok, training run starts. Who is your favorite? Will they make it through the attack? Who's going to be the first out, and what is captain Dominic's surprise?

Some explanation: In a training exercise, the weapons are locked off, the sabers and power knives are set on a minimum setting and cause no damage to the machines. The mech computers are connected to the ship computer and calculate damage according to lock on and firing, or saber contact. A readout on the pilots console shows the status of all the other mechs so they know which are still in the battle. When you are out, your mech stops responding till the training officer releases you.

Ch 10

Dominic was a bit worried about Chad. What had he meant about being thrown out an air lock?
And what was so frightening? Dominic shook his head, he just didn't know enough about his new team
yet. “Alright Blue team,” he called, “I want you to switch to voice to text mode, and turn off the sound.
I've got a surprise for them........ Chad, let me know when they get close. Hang in there, we need your
intel.”
“Right,” Chad answered, “I'll be here.”

Yuki turned from the Krikav's main screen to colonel Hellwind. “There is an anomaly with one
pilot's bio signs, sir.” She stated.
“Oh?” Daniel came closer, “Which pilot, and what's the problem?”
“It is lieutenant Ross, he has shown signs of acute anxiety,” Yuki answered. “His bio signs were
in the danger zone, twice, but have since returned to the caution range. Should I recall him, sir?”
That doesn't sound right for that kid, not from the reports on him, Dan thought. “Where is he?”
Daniel asked
“Unknown sir,” Yuki replied, “His mech was last located by the large pieces of debris on the
sunward side. His mech disappeared, it is no longer visible on any scanners.”
“Hmmm, he must have ducked behind the debris, Dom must be using him for an observation
post.” Dan thought out loud. “Don't recall him, yet. Inform me if his bio's go red again.”
“Yes sir,” the controller returned to her screens.

Aiden was a bit peeved, this would have been much easier if they could have co-ordinated their
attacks. He looked at the facility map again. Only the three shuttle bays were large enough for a mech to
maneuver in. A couple of the hallways were large enough for a mech, but just large enough. A few
other rooms were fairly large, but would make for cramped fighting. He was sure Dominic would put
his Mechs in the shuttle bays. If he were planing the defense, he'd put his Lancer in the center bay, and
the Thunderbirds in the flanking bays. That would give the Lancer the best chance at a first shot. He'd
also put his Firefly outside somewhere to keep watch. Aiden scanned the station and surrounding area,
He couldn't find a trace of Dom's Firefly, maybe he didn't have it outside. Aiden gave command for Jeff
and Megumi to take bay number three, he and John would go for bay one. They would attack out of the
sun, to confuse enemy sensors, and use the debris as much as possible.

Georgianna lead Red group outside of the debris field to the sunward side of the station. She
gave them their orders. Kaze and Arisa were to attack the middle shuttle bay, try to draw all the
attention they could. She and Louis would move farther down the station and make a hole into the inner
corridor. They would catch the Blue group from behind.
Arisa was disappointed, she'd hoped she was going to fight the battle with her captain. She
didn't like the idea of being a distraction.
“Sir, isn't that rather suicidal, to attack the middle shuttle bay?.” Kaze asked. “All of
their mechs would have a clear shot at us. Shouldn't we.........”
“Don't question my orders,” Georgianna snapped. “You got that pilot? If they get a lock on
you, just go to evasive maneuvers. You just have to last long enough for us to get behind them. Attack
on my signal.” Georgianna turned and left, Louis followed her, shaking his head.

Chad watched the attacking mechs set up at the outside of the debris field. As he spoke, he
watched the words hanging in the air in front of him. The com sys was translating his words correctly.
“Looks like a Firefly and Thunderbird going to bay one, a Lancer and Firefly to bay two and a
Lancer and Thunderbird to bay three.” He told the others. Chad set two target designators on the two
mechs heading toward bay two. “I’ve designated targets for you Bullseye.”
“Got em,” Ben sent back, “They’re toast.”
Chad felt a bit bad, that Lancer was the girl that had been nice to him....... I can’t think that way,
this is just training, and I have to prove I can do this, for my group.
The two mechs headed for bay
three passed very close to Chad’s position. He held his breath, but they didn’t seem to notice him. He
would have liked to fire his weapons but that would have given his position away, and he needed to
keep his designators on target for Ben. “They’re coming,” Chad yelled, as the two in the middle rushed
forward, weaving back and forth.

Dominic was waiting with his finger on the switch of a small box wired into his com unit. He
smiled as he flipped the switch. The small box fed a high powered signal to the com unit, flooding the
channels with some very loud, old, alternative metal music, ((Disturbed
- Down With The Sickness)).

Arisa was erratically weaving her path to the station. She had to listen for the tone that would
mean a weapon locked on to her, that was her only chance to keep from being taken out. Suddenly her
helmet reverberated with an incredible noise. Arisa froze, then turned to the com panel and tried to
change channels, but it didn’t help. Finally, she muted the com, but it was to late.

Ben waited, he watched the two designators and put his aiming point on one as it quit it’s erratic
movements and drifted in line with the shuttle bay door. As soon as targeting locked on, he fired. Ben
smiled as the board indicators showed one Lancer out of the fight. Now for the Firefly.

Arisa screamed her frustration and pounded her console. It wasn’t fair, they cheated, she
couldn’t be out of the fight this soon. All that noise, she hadn’t heard the lock on tone. It just wasn't fair.

Aiden tried to call John as he ducked behind a piece of debris. He quickly changed tactical
frequencies, all of them were the same. Damn, so that’s how Dominic wants to play this, well, he’d just
have to straighten him out. He frowned as he saw one of the attacking lancers indicators blink out.

John laughed like a maniac, battle music, he loved it. He slammed his thruster to full and
streaked toward the door, yelling “banzai” into his com. John turned to land feet first against the far
bulkhead, but his reactions were to slow and he hit the wall in an awkward position.

Dominic was waiting, but didn’t expect the Firefly to come streaking in at such speed. He spun
his mech, and felt lucky that the Firefly hadn’t landed right, and couldn’t target him. Dom snapped off a
quick burst from his cannons, the indicator of John’s Firefly on his console went dark. Two down, six
to go, things were starting off well.

Jeff saw the Lancer go down, and guessed, correctly, that the blue team Lancer must be in bay two.
Unable to use his muted com, he used hand signals to get Megumi to follow his Lancer into bay three.
He left the big rail gun stuck to the outside of the station, and entered the bay, using his arm shield to
protect them from cannon or beam rifle fire.

Rose had anticipated the Lancer coming in first. She took one shot with her beam rifle, dropped
the weapon and pulled her two sabers. Rose banked off a side wall and attacked the Lancer from the
side. She planned to take out the Lancer before meeting the Thunderbird. As the Lancer moved to
dodge, her first slash hit Jeff’s rocket launcher, her second blow was aimed straight for the mech’s
head.

Megumi saw the rose colored Thunderbird attack her team mate. She swung her saber and
blocked Rose’s second blow. Megumi dove in and drove Rose back into the room. She attacked with all
her skill and strength.

Rose found herself in a defensive position, surprised by the aggressiveness and skill of the rooky
pilot. Her plan hadn’t worked, she hadn’t taken the Lancer out. Now it was two against one, and this
girl was really good.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » November 3rd, 2009, 3:50 pm

so cool!! <3
Don't feed me violins.

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » November 5th, 2009, 6:42 am

woohoo!!!i like it *is in study leave but preffered to take this chance to visit aaw*

cant wait for the others...hmm can't remember my character,she's probably not in it....gpa u should write a book.
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 5th, 2009, 3:04 pm

I think your character is Arisa, if memory serves me right (which it doesn't, most of the time...)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » November 5th, 2009, 5:19 pm

i think so too yay go gpa!!!
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 5th, 2009, 5:21 pm

Hi there Raine, I've been wondering how things are going with you. Yes, you were Arisa. I may not be playing her quite the way you did, so I hope I'm doing alright.

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » November 5th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Oh your doing great gpa!!!!far better than i would have done in fact.....thank you!!Arisa was a character i wish i could rp but never could cos i knew nothing about mech and stuff...lol :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 5th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Arisa knows quite a bit about mechs, her family is the major contractor for military equipment. :) Some of that will come out later. She's just having a bad time getting going at the moment.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » November 6th, 2009, 5:31 am

More!!! That was good!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 8th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Ok, on to chapter 11. Things are starting to heat up, there's some beating and banging going on. A couple of the fights are getting pretty heated. Which team is going to prevail?

Chapter 11

Ben watched the second target designator. The firefly just wouldn’t cross the door. He
could target it, but couldn’t lock on because the wall was in the way. He had to take out the wall.
Ben started to pull his trigger, but hesitated, It took to long for the rail gun to recycle, the target
would be warned and move away.
Alright, Ben thought, I wonder what the training computer will make of this. Ben
switched to missiles and pulled the trigger. He quickly switched back to rail gun and pulled the
trigger again. The indicator for the firefly blinked out.
Kaze stared, uncomprehending, at his display, How could he be out? He’d barely heard a
beep from the target lock on. He hadn’t even had a chance to move, and he hadn’t seen any other
mechs outside the station. He wasn’t in line with any doors or windows. How could he have been
hit?

Aiden used the diversion of John’s rush to move into the shuttle bay. He fired his cannon
in the direction that he figured the enemy must be hiding. The computer registered a couple
hits on Dominic’s mech as Aiden ducked behind a steel box.
Dominic caught the movement of Aiden coming into the room, he tried to turn and snap
fire at the enemy but he was to late. He ducked behind some debris, and noticed he had gotten hit
a couple times. The computer showed no damage though.

Georgianna found a large airlock farther down the station, all she had to do was break it
open. She noticed her Lancer and Firefly were both out. Stupid rookies, they couldn’t even stay
out of trouble for a few minutes. Damn that noise, that must be Dominic’s doing. I’ll get him for
that.

Aiden rushed at Dominic’s position, he held his shield in front of him in case Dom fired
at him. He had to close the distance, Dom was to good with his cannons. He had to make this a
saber battle. Aiden slashed down at Dominic’s position with his saber.
Dominic came up ready to fire his cannons, but Aiden was almost on him. Dominic barely
swung his shield arm up in time. He quickly drew his saber and blocked Aidens next blow. The
battle rapidly turned into a furious exchange a saber blows. Dominic knew he wasn't as good
with his saber as Aiden. He needed to open up some space between them so he could use his
cannons.

Chad saw the other Firefly was out of the fight. He shut off the designators and looked around
for the two Thunderbirds. Chad got a message from Ben. “Where are the other Thunderbirds?
Can you target them for me?” Chad answered “Out of target range Bullseye. Queen needs help in
bay three. Take out that other Lancer. The two Thunderbirds are trying to find a back door. I’ll
try to keep them out.”
Chad turned and started for the two Thunderbirds. Suddenly he had to fight down panic
as the pieces of debris seemed to rush at him. Bio monitors flashed yellow warnings, heart rate,
breathing rate. Chad reached for the ghostly control panel, but his shaking hand stopped and he
closed his eyes. In his mind, he is hundreds of feet above the streets of Detroit. Eileen is pushing
him onto the service robot monorail that connects to the next building. He is
the youngest and smallest, he can fit through the service doors. He has to cross to the other
building to let the gang into the rich peoples apartments. He heard Eileen’s voice jeering at him
again, “what's the matter, little baby, to scared to do it? If you're too chicken, you can't be in the
gang.”
Chad opened his eyes, as dark and cold as space. He was not chicken. He could do this,
Chad fired his thrusters and moved into cannon range of the two Thunderbirds.

Rose spun and thrust, she dodged and blocked. Her opponent might be a rooky, but her
unusual style was causing the more experienced fighter no end of trouble. Every time Rose
thought she had an opening, the girls quick movements blocked her. Even Rose’s two blade
attack didn’t seem to confuse the girl.
Megumi was using every bit of skill she possessed. The woman in that Thunderbird was
very skilled. It was all Megumi could do to avoid her slashing attacks. Megumi tried to maneuver
Rose closer to the Lancer waiting at the far end of the bay. A Lancer wasn’t good at inside
fighting, but he might be able to help her.
Jeff watched for his chance. He just needed Megumi to get Rose between the two of them
and he would strike. Finally, the swirling battle between the two mechs brought him his chance.
Jeff extended the long, beam tipped, lance pole that the big mechs carried instead of a saber.
Rose’s back was turned to him as she concentrated on Megumi, a fatal error. Jeff struck.