5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: 5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Post by Hiki » September 16th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Hahahahaha! That must be it!
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 21st, 2009, 4:29 pm

So on to the third chapter. We will get to some mech action some day..... I promise. But for now, a bit more character development.

Chapter 3

Arisa stood looking up ah her large mech. She’d given it the name Kion, the same as the mech she had learned to pilot as a child. She was finally on her first mission, her first chance to prove herself. Arisa had always been a tomboy, always beating the boys at the combat games played in their toy mechs. She’d had a difficult time, convincing her father to let her join the military. He believed that women, of her station, should stay home, and take care of their social duties. He had planned for her social life to advance the family’s power and wealth. Arisa would not stand for it, and with some help from her mother, convinced her father to let her go. He was still trying to get her to give this up. Arisa sighed.
“Are you finally realizing that this was a very bad idea, Ari dear.” came a voice from behind her.
Arisa turned and faced a short, overweight young man, dressed in a ships officers uniform. He had perfectly combed blond hair, small blue eyes, and a rather ridiculous mustache and goatee. Arisa was shocked to see him here. “Kirk! What are you doing here? I thought you were on one of the Jupiter class ships.”
“When I heard you were being assigned to a mission on this god-awful ship, I had myself transferred here as first officer” Kirk frowned, “I came to talk some sense into you. You don't belong here with these animals. My father can have us transferred off this deathtrap before they leave the system, and, at least, get you into ship's officer training, where you belong, if you must insist on this foolish business of being in the military.”
“No!” Arisa shook her head, “No, Kirk, I won’t hide behind the family’s money. This is what I chose, I’m going to do this....... Why should you care anymore?” Arisa turned away.
“Because you’re my.....”
“Your what?” Arisa spun around, eyes blazing, “ My fiancé’? Just because our fathers think it would be good for the family? I never agreed to that. I won’t be a marker to be used in your schemes. I’ll make my own way.”
Kirk’s look turned dark, “I can't let you do that, Ari. Damn it, this isn't a game. You aren’t playing with your old toy, Kion. This is real, these are experienced fighters. You wouldn't last a minu....
“How would you know? You haven’t seen me in years, you haven’t seen me fight.” Arisa glared at him, “I won't sit back and watch anymore.” Arisa spun around and quickly walked off.
“I won’t let you do this.” Kirk called after her, “I’ll end this stupidity. You still belong to me!”
Arisa hurried to get away. I won’t go back, she thought, I don’t belong to them. I can do this......... I can.......... I have to.

Chad stopped by an observation port, he could see the moon base receding as the ship pulled away. It couldn’t be soon enough for him. He could finally leave all his past troubles behind. Now, he just had to prove himself to his new group. His spirits lifted as the earth dropped behind them, time to check out his new mech.

Dominic finished his drink and looked around the table. “Maybe we should go check out our Mechs. Wouldn’t hurt to make sure everything is in order.”
“They should all have been teched and loaded before they were transferred here. Besides, it’ll be a few days before we get wherever we’re headed.” Ben added, “No real reason to check them now.”
Rose smiled. “Dom’s right, now is probably a good time ....... for all of us.”

Chad stood and stared up at his tall Firefly. He clenched his fists. The machine was worn and dented, it was painted a flat, dark grey that showed many scratches. It certainly wasn’t what he had hoped to find. Chad felt a hand on his shoulder.
“Looks like you’re a bit hard on your equipment. I thought they took care of these things before they sent them on a mission..” It was master technician second class, Bob, who came up behind Chad. “I’m Bob Peterson, I’m your mech tech. I suppose we could replace some of the bent up armor, and give it a coat of paint.”
“No,” Chad looked at Bob, then turned and walked off, hands in his pockets, “just leave it alone.”

Colonel Hellwind looked at a chart on the ships bridge. He moved over to Yuki’s control chair. It always felt strange to him, that the controllers looked like a twelve year old schoolgirl. He knew they were genetically engineered, bio enhanced, cyborgs, but they still looked like little girls. “We have some extra time for the mission, Yuki, I want you to take us to the abandoned science station, SS-08. Hold station at five kilometers.

Dominic led the group into the hanger bay, past the row of huge gleaming mechs. Each mech was customized by it’s pilot, painted in various colors, and often had the armaments modified. He stopped in front of Chad’s Firefly. “Damn, who did Chad piss off to get stuck with this thing? I thought they repaired them and checked them out before sending them on a mission.”
“They do,” Bob said as he walked up to them, “They must not have had time to repair the dents in this one. That kid must be pretty wild with it, to dent it up this much.”
“Na, Chad’s never seen this mech before.” Ben added, “it’s a replacement, he completely wrecked his last one. Is he in there right now?”
Bob looked up at the big guy, “Really?...... I was just joking........ He was here, but he left. Seemed pretty unhappy, guess that explains why.”
“Will that thing be safe to use if we get into combat?” Dominic asked
“We’ll have a couple days to check it over.” Bob replied, “I’ll make sure it’s checked out.”

John led Megumi into the hangar and to his burgundy painted Firefly. “There she is Megumi, I call her Epyon, the hottest firefly in the service. I changed out the cannons for missile launchers, gotta use the saber in close anyway, might as well have longer range. Oh man, is this your T bird? Nice paint job.”
Megumi smiled as she put her hand on her Mech, the Thunderbird was painted to look like it was wearing a Gi, with a black belt. “I want Yumi to be like me, a black belt in several martial arts.”
John backed up, his hands in the air, “Whoa....... I ain’t messing with ya, sweetheart.”
Megumi laughed, John was funny.

Chad stalked down the hallway. What had he done to deserve this? They were just trying to mess things up for him, to get rid of him, or worse, to get him killed. He’d spoil it for them, somehow, he’d survive. He’d make that old machine work for him. He’d make sure he was useful to his group.
Arisa walked quickly through the corridor. Why did he have to come here? Kirk could ruin it all for her, just when she finally was going to be free, to get a chance to become her own person. She didn't belong to him. She had no doubts, if he contacted his father, that the family could stop her from leaving. She couldn’t let that happen.
At an intersection of the corridors, Chad slammed into someone. Reacting by instinct, Chad quickly wrapped his arm around them and kept the person from falling. “What the hell!” Chad barked. “Watch where you’re .......”
Chad stopped, he was looking down into the clearest blue eyes he’d ever seen. At first, he thought she was a little girl, about one and a half meters tall, short blond hair, very red lips., She looked like a pixie, but she was wearing a pilots insignia on her shirt sleeve.
“I’m really sorry,” Arisa said, “I wasn’t paying attention.”
“Ah....it’s, ok.” Chad replied. He was he was startled, and confused, not just by being run into, but because she wasn’t yelling at him, or trying to hit him........... she was........ This just wasn’t the way women were. “I, ah, I should have been watching where I was going. It’s my fault. I’m sorry.............
Arisa almost giggled at the completely flustered look on the young man’s face. She pushed herself away from his, still rather tight, embrace. “No, it wasn’t. You don’t have to..........”
“LET GO of her and step back, pilot!” Georgianna had just stepped out of a side room.
Chad realized he still had his arm around the small girl. He let go of her and stepped back.
“This isn’t your slums, you can’t just grab whoever you want here. If you ever touch her again I’ll break you, I’ll have you put where you’ll never see the sun again. You hear me?.............”
Chad’s anger rose as the captain ranted on. His fists clenched, if it weren’t for her rank, he’d have decked her. What had he done to deserve this? Why was she ranting at him? Damn women, they were just out to bust him. If she poked him one more time he'd break her arm................ Chad turned and stalked off. “Yes Sir!”
Georgianna yelled after him, “I’m not done with you, pilot, don’t just walk off.” Chad just kept walking, so she turned to Arisa, “Are you alright.”
Arisa had been startled, she looked up at Georgianna. “But...... it wasn’t like that, captain. He wasn’t.....”
“You don’t know what his type are like.” Georgianna told her, “You don’t come from his world.. He’d just take what he wants, and hurt you. He’d leave you crying.” Georgianna knew where Chad had come from, that he was a gang member, and criminal. She knew more about the pilots than even Colonel Hellwind. Georgianna was a top hacker, and when she got her orders to report to the Krikav, she’d hacked the military computers to find all she could about the ship and the personnel.
“It was my fault, captain.” Arisa pleaded, “I ran into him.”
“You think so?” Georgianna came back, “I saw you trying to push him away, he wouldn’t let you go. I heard you tell him no.”
Arisa did giggle then, remembering the look on the boys face. “I don't think he meant to though, I don’t think his brain was working too well at the moment.”
Georgianna frowned at her, “What do you mean?”
An announcement blared over the intercom. “All pilots are ordered to report to the ready room, orders from Colonel Hellwind.”
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 22nd, 2009, 9:55 am

Now you're trying to rival your daughter. Her chapters are still leading in size :meh:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » September 22nd, 2009, 8:26 pm

What happens next? 8D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 4th, 2009, 4:14 am

What happens next? Drama, action, intrigue, humor.......... well probably more character build up, but the action is getting close.

Finally, chapter 4

Chapter 4
Colonel Hellwind watched the pilots enter the ready room. He looked for any clues as to
how the groups were forming, and the moods of the individuals. Would they form decent
working groups, or would there be divisions and friction. Could he make any kind of fighting
force from this odd group.
Kaze came in first, with Louis in tow, taking a seat in the front row. He looked too eager,
and Louis looked amused. Dan was surprised to see Chad come in next, but not surprised to see
him alone. The tall boy moved to one side and leaned against the wall, not sitting down. Aiden
and Geoff came in, the girl Megumi was with them, but John wasn’t. Arisa came in, with captain
Georgianna McFarlaine following. Dominic came a bit later, followed by Rose, and that giant,
Ben. Dom stopped and talked to Chad for a moment, then Chad joined his group sitting on one
side. John came slipping in last, and sat in the back row. Colonel Hellwind had his suspicions
why. Strangely, Captain Dom Torres group was the only one that sat together. Dan hadn’t
expected that.

Chad walked into the ready room and looked around, there were only two there before
him. He moved to the side and leaned against the wall, still in a black mood from his meeting
with Captain McFarlaine. He saw Arisa come in, the girl he’d run into. She really did look like a
little girl, and, he remembered her blue eyes, she’s really cute. She’d been, kind of nice to him,
that had taken him by surprise, and he couldn’t help smiling when she looked his way. But, his
look darkened, and he quickly looked away when that tough bitch captain came up behind Arisa.

Arisa saw the tall pilot she’d run into leaning against the wall. She didn’t understand why
her captain thought he was so bad, he certainly hadn’t been brash and arrogant like the boys she
was use to. He’d been flustered and unsure of himself....... maybe shy? She smiled at Chad, and
he, kind of, smiled back for a moment. As her captain pushed her toward a chair and she sat
down, she thought how Chad had that “bad boy” look, the one lots of guys she knew tried to
affect, but they always failed. It looked natural for Chad.

Georgianna saw Chad smile at Arisa. She wasn’t going to let him take advantage of a
naive rich girl. She’d keep him away from Arisa, any way she had to.

Dominic was looking for the last member of his team as he entered the ready room. He
wasn’t surprised to find Chad already there.
Dom looked up, “Hey Chad, we were looking for you, but you weren’t at the hangar.
Don’t just stand there, come sit with the group.”
“Ya, “ Chad said, “I guess I can.”
Chad followed the rest of the group, glad that Dominic let Rose into the row of seats first.
Chad was last, following Ben into the row. Chad left two seats for the big guy, not wanting to
feel crowded.
Ben leaned over toward Chad, “Saw your mech,” Ben said, “man, did they give you the
green weenie.”
Chad blinked, “Huh? What’s that?”
Ben laughed, “it’s a moldy hot dog..... it means you got a bad deal.”
“That’s an understatement.” Chad replied.
John slipped into the back of the room. He was hoping not to be noticed. He’d left
Meguni checking her mech, and slipped into Epyon for a few swallows from the bottle in his
pocket. Actually, more than a few swallows. Darn, he’d expected a day or two before they
reached some destination, not being called up this soon.

Colonel Hellwind stepped up in front of the group. “Today, we are going to have a little
practice. Nothing too elaborate, it's just to give your squads leaders, and myself, and idea of what
we’ll have to work with. We'll be using the remains of an old space station, the SS-08, for this.
The exercise is a three-round fight, two squads against one. One squad will be inside of the
station and the other two squads will attack from outside. At the end of each round, one of the
attacking squads will switch to the defense role. that means everyone gets to defend once, and to
attack twice. You will be using standard war games settings, guns will be locked on safe, sabers
on practice setting, computer systems will record kills. Captain, you have twenty minutes to get
your squads ready for launch, Blue Dragon will be on defense first. Any questions? ...........
Dismissed.”

Aiden considered the organization of his group. He should split the two Thunderbirds,
one with the Lancer and one with the Firefly. He would like to keep Megumi with the Firefly, it
would be faster and better at covering her, but he knew John was going to be a problem. He’d
seen John’s womanizing, and it wasn’t hard to tell that John had been doing some drinking. No,
Aiden decided to pair Megumi with Geoff’s Lancer.

Dominic gathered his squad as they entered the hangar. “We’re on defense first, and I
have a plan,” he told them “When we get to the station, shut down your radios, we’ll use text
communication, I’m going to scramble their communication.”
The group walked over to the mechs, Dominic looked up at Rose’s pink painted mech.
“I’ll never get t use to that pink paint, Rose.”
“Well, I think it looks better than that black and yellow bumblebee of yours, Dom,” she
shot back at him. “That’s really some green you have there, Ben. What do you call it the...........”
Ben scowled down at her, “Don’t even think of calling it the Jolly Green Giant, the guys
in training kept calling it that. I don’t like it very much.
“I think you should call it the Hulk,” Chad added, and everyone looked at him, “That was
a big green guy in really old comic books. He was super strong and almost unstoppable.”
“Hmmmm, the Hulk, I kind of like that,” Ben answered grinning.
Dominic stood next to Chad an looked at the dented grey Firefly.” I have an idea for you.
There’s a lot of pieces of debris around the station. If you snuck out the back and drifted into the
debris, you’d look like just another piece of ju....... of the station floating around. They’d never
notice you and you could let us know where they were attacking the station. We could be waiting
for them. Think you could handle that?”
“Ah..... ya,” Chad answered, “no problem.” Darn, Chad thought, I could do some good,
fighting in close, but he just wants me to sit back and watch the action. He doesn’t trust me.
“I would guess they’ll split up into teams, probably by twos,” Dominic told Chad. “If they
do, the last two in will be yours.”

Georgianna saw Chad in front of his Firefly as she entered the hangar. She stopped and
looked at the machine and laughed. “What a piece of crap. You think you’ll survive a minute in
that thing.” She laughed again as she walked off, “It suits a gutter boy like you.”
Chad was furious, he didn’t dare do anything here, but he’d make sure she paid for that.

Chad put on his environment suit and prepared to climb into the mech when he saw Arisa
come in walking with Kaze. The tight fitting pilot suit made her look even smaller. He watched
them walk up to a Firefly, but was surprised when Kaze mounted the platform and Arisa walked
on to a Lancer. Chad’s jaw dropped, she pilots that monster! He was a bit jealous, that little girl
gets to pilot the biggest and most powerful mech, while he piloted a Firefly, and this one didn’t
even have a beam rifle. Just a short saber, a Valkyrie cannon, and a knife. Chad shook his head
and was about to climb in when there was a disturbance by Georgianna’s Thunderbird.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 4th, 2009, 12:47 pm

MORE PLEASE :love:
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » October 8th, 2009, 1:35 am

So far, I like your version more than the RP. There's more character development and you fixed things that seemed out of place there (for obvious reasons. There's a limit to what we can do while role playing at different times). Can't wait for the rest!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » October 13th, 2009, 11:23 am

Main page updated. I had to look for a pagebreak thingy...
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 14th, 2009, 3:40 am

I'm not getting at writing like I want to. So many other things going on. We get a little bit of action in this one. No big battles yet, just a mini one, but I'm slowly moving on. Hope you enjoy this.

Chapter 5

Geogianna climbed the steps to the service platform in front of her mech. She was
surprised to find someone was already in the cockpit.
“Crichton!” she yelled, “what the hell are you doing in my mech?”
“Hey sweet thing,” John answered, “just checking the old girl out.” John scrolled through
a screen on the console. “Looks like you’ve been making some improvements since I was last in
here.”
“GET OUT of my MECH!.” she shot back at him, “NOW!”
“Aw, don’t get all huffy with me darlin,” John drawled, “You know I’m just interested in
what you’ve got. He grinned at her. You could climb on in here with me, it’d be like old times.”
Georgianna grabbed John’s shirt and yanked him out to the mech. She spun around and
shoved him away, he slammed against the side of the platform. “Shut up, just get away from me
you damned lecher. Go play with one of your other girls.”
John laughed at her. “Still the same old Georgi, don’t like to share. Well, there’s plenty of
old Johnny to go around. I know you’re just dying for a piece of....”
The loud crack when she slapped him seemed to echo in the room. When John looked
back at her, he was looking right into the barrel of the gun she carried on her missions.
“You think you could shoot me?” John laughed again. “Not a chance babe, you know you
still want...........”
Georgianna slammed into John, she pushed him hard and he tumbled down the steps to
the hangar floor.
John quickly grabbed the bottle that had fallen from his pocked, and hid it away. He
looked up at Georgianna. “You’re gonna regret that....... just wait, someday, you’re gonna be
sorry.” He dragged himself up and headed for his mech.

Chad watched the scene unfold, he shuddered when he saw the gun. He remembered well
looking down the barrel of a gun, those times when his older sister, and gang leader, Eileen,
would have him stand by the wall, and aim the gun at his head. He shut his eyes and could hear
her wicked laugh, and the roar of the gun. He could feel the spray of the cement powder from the
wall where the bullet smashed into it, inches from him. Chad heard John tumble down the steps
and looked up. Damn, he thought, she’s a hard one. That guy better watch out or she’ll kill him.
Chad turned back to his mech.

Georgianna strapped into her pilot seat, fuming. She checked several log files on her main
console. What had he been up to? She couldn’t find anything. Damned lecher, she thought, he
thinks he can have any girl. Thinks he’s gods gift to women. He’s drunk. Why did they have to
put us on the same mission? Why can’t I just forget him. Georgianna slammed her helmet on and
fastened the seals.

Megumi sat in her mech. She’d been shocked by the action, she called John on a private
channel. “Are you alright?” She asked. “Captain McFarlaine was really mad.”
John laughed, “I’m fine, darlin. Me and Georgi go back a ways, I just have to ruffle her
feathers........... She’s a real hothead. Don’t worry about it.” And a hot woman, John thought. He
sighed, that wasn’t real smooth. He wasn’t going to jump back in with her that way.

Chad sat back in the pilot seat, securely strapped in. The cockpit didn’t look much better
than the exterior had. The main console wasn’t standard. It looked like it had been cobbled
together from spare parts. He was surprised though how quickly and smoothly the systems
booted up. The console screen was first rate. When he touched the screen to input commands, it
responded more quickly than the mechs he’d used before. Chad smiled as he looked at the
diagnostics he’d pulled up. Just as he thought, this must have been some special recon job. It may
have had less armaments, but it had a long range drive, and more computer and memory than any
firefly he’d seen. Even the helmet was non standard, a bit larger than a normal helmet, the visor
was bigger and seemed different. Must have different filters or something. At least the OS was
familiar, he wasn’t going to have to relearn how to fly the thing. Diagnostics looked alright,
maybe this old thing wasn’t as bad as it looked.

Aiden frowned as he went through the familiar sequence of checks before launch. When
this was over, he was going to have to straighten John out. This couldn’t go on. He was going to
have to have a talk with Georgianna too. John was asking for it, but she’d stepped over the line.
No one aimed a gun at one of his men.

Yuki’s voice came over the radio. “Launch in one minute, captains check the readiness of
your squads.”

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 14th, 2009, 5:24 pm

GO GEORGI! :3
*is skipping homework because she wanted to read the story*
It's cewl :3
Don't feed me violins.