Journey to Erehwon The game begins

Moderator: oldwrench

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Journey to Erehwon The game begins

Post by oldwrench » August 7th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Tim woke up, excited. Today was the day the great teachers send him on his great quest. He
dressed in his most comfortable clothes, and tied all his possessions, in a red cloth bandanna, to
the end of a pole. (They told him this was traditional.) He ate a good breakfast and headed out to
the learning temple.

Tim couldn’t believe that they would pick him for such an important quest. There was
nothing much exceptional about him. He was fifteen years old, unruly green hair, golden eyes
behind his large glasses. The one thing exceptional was his size. In a land where everyone was
about six feet tall, Tim stood out. He was five feet two inches and one hundred twenty pounds.
So of course he earned the nick name, little Tim. But what Tim lacked in size he more than made
up for in other attributes, mostly curiosity. They say he was born knowing the words, what, how,
where, if, when, etc. He was a book of questions. How high is the sky, what holds the clouds up,
if the ocean goes to the end of the world, why doesn’t it run off? Where does the river come
from, why is the desert dry? Does the trees waving make the wind blow, where do baby’s
come........? You get the picture.

And so, Tim stood before learning temple, and the great crowd that came to see him off.
Ah, well, his mom was there, and a few of the teachers, and his trusty companion Clyde. Tim had
been instructed to keep silent, (which was so difficult he thought he would explode), The great
teacher mumbled some great incomprehensible words, (all the while thinking at last he would be
rid of Tim’s continual questions, it was worth giving his parents a goat to get them to agree to let
Tim leave. After all, Tim’s father had reasoned, he had Tim’s six older brothers to take care of
the farm, and a goat would do more work than Tim could.) With much ceremony the great
teacher removed an object from a bag and handed it to Tim. It was a clear purple ball, with many
strange and marvelous little pieces inside, and a glowing number seven in the center. The great
teacher told him, this was one of the wonderful data balls. Tim was to search out the other six
balls. When he had them all they would open the great oracle at Erehwon and he would have
what he most desired, all the answers, to life the universe and, well, everything. (Good, thought
the teacher, I can get rid of that old thing and forget those stupid old legends that go with it.) And
so they sent him on his way, telling him not to return till he knew all the answers to everything.

So our young traveler was on his way, with his trusty companion, his camel Clyde, out into
the desert following the great river toward it’s source, the far away mountains that they taught
him were the end of the world. It was hard, and a bit scary, sleeping in the desert darkness at
night. The old woman had told him others had gone, but none ever returned. Good thing he had
Clyde with him.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Journey to Erehwon The game begins

Post by oldwrench » August 7th, 2007, 9:25 pm

*After two days of travel along the mostly rocky and barren banks of the river, with the sun beating down on them, the mountains still looked a long ways away. From a distance......... everything looks far away. For probably the tenth time, Tim opened his canteen and shook it, searching for any last drop to quench his thirst. Perhaps this is why no-one returned, they all died of thirst in this barren desert.*

*Clyde stopped and turned his head around toward Tim.*

Clyde: If you're so thirsty, why don't you go down to the river and get a drink?

Tim blinks: But....but water comes out of a faucet.

Clyde: and where do you think the water in the faucet comes from?

Tim: Oh.....

* So after a long drink, and filling his canteen, tim gets ready to climb back onto Clyde. Tim stops, then stares at Clyde.*

Tim: You can talk!

Clyde: Of course camels can talk.

Tim: But you never talked to me before.

Clyde: Never had much to say, and if I did, you would have been just like the other humans, you wouldn't have listened anyway.

*So Tim and Clyde continued on thie journey. Tim had learned his first three lessons, 1: you can drink river water, 2: camels can talk, 3: they hadn't reall taught him everything like they said they had........... After two more days travel. they came to the foot of the mountains. They traveled along the foot of the mountains till they came to a valley. A short way into the valley they found a marvelous building. It was built back into the mountain side, and it was huge. Far up the front of the building were windows, larger than barn doors. The wall was topped with giant sized watch towers. It was with much fear that Tim approached the door. What kind of gigantic creatures could live in such a great castle. The door was more than five times his hight, and very wide, Timidly Tim rapped on the great door, He had to see if they knew of one of the data balls. He rapped again, and the huge door slowly began to open.*

Eyes wide with fright, Tim peered into the dark building: H.....h,hello?

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 8th, 2007, 3:32 am

*As Tim's eyes get use to the darkness ahead, he takes a step forward.*

Tim: Hello,.... anybody home?

Voice: Hey, watch out!

*Tim looks down and almost stumbles. Just in front of him is a young lady, a very pretty young lady, in fact Time thinks she is the prettiest girl he's seen. Well, he might be a bit prejudiced, you see, she is smaller than he is, actually much smaller. She's barely ten inches tall, if that, and she has wings, very small wings, but they are wings. Tim is not at a loss for words for very long.*

Tim: My name is Tim. I've been sent by my great teacher to find the other six data balls and take them to the oracle at Erehwon, to learn the answers to live the universe and everything.

*Tim is unable to contain himself and falls to his knees in front of the tiny girl.+

Tim: are those real? Can I touch them? what's your name? Can you fly? Why is this place so big? Do others like you live here? Are you the smallest too? How did you move that big door? ..............

* Tim had so many more questions, but he stopped short seeing the strange look on the pretty girls face. He hoped she wouldn't get mad and hit him. One of the girls in school had when he had asked her some questions. He didn't know what made her angry, he just really wanted to know how girls made babies. .......... Tim removed the data ball from it's pouch and held it before her.*

Tim: What about the data ball?

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 8th, 2007, 4:17 am

* Loki laid down without making a sound, looked around and paid attention, trying to hear where his pursuers where. Crap, must have run too fast for them... He shapeshifted into an eagle and flew to the top of the nearest tree. Yep, lost them... hey, what's that? Loki flew to the nearby castle. He hadn't seen it before (not that he had checked the whole forest) and he was a little curious. He landed near the open front door, shapeshifted again into his human form and walked inside, looking around. *

Loki: Not bad, not bad... It could use a little cleaning, though, and a decorator.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 13th, 2007, 5:15 am

Faelyn stared at the weird boy kneeling in front of her, then at the purple ball he was thrusting into her face. Faelyn: "What about it?"
Tim: "Well...do you know anything about it? Have you seen one of these before?"
Faelyn: "Of course. We've got lots of them here."
Tim (excitedly): "Really? Where?"
*Faelyn is distracted by the blond, blue-eyed man who just wandered through the door, looking around curiously*
Faelyn: "HEY! What are you doing in here?"
("Crap! Two humans in one day, man am I gonna get it for this!" thinks Faeyln, giving them both her patented Faery Death Stare)
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 13th, 2007, 6:30 am

Loki: Me?

* Loki looks at the little fairy faking confusion, points at himself then looks behind him and back again at the fairy. *

Loki: Just looking aorund... Could I ask you, who's the lord of this castle?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » August 13th, 2007, 8:57 am

*Dave who has just hit is head, while on the set of the new Americanize, Doctor Who the movie, finally wakes up and looks around in amazement*

Dave: Where am I?

*He gets up and walks around the set of what is the Tardis, he was over to the control panel, as a light turns and the whooshing sound of the Tardis activates. The set begins to shake, a minor earthquake has just struck*

Dave: Whoa!

*Dave, hangs on as the quake settles*

Dave: The Tardis, I'm in the Tardis...Wait, if I'm the only one...that must mean, Yes I remember the Dalek! I was fighting, I must have bump my head!I'm the doctor!

*Dave walks out of the set and exits through the door, he looks and sees the blue police box, behind him*
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 13th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Tim looks up at the man: Who are you? Where did you come from? Have you seen the end of the world? Do you usually just walk into peoples homes? Why are you dressed funny? Why didn't I see you outside? *Looks back at Faelyn.* You really have lots of these? Can I see them? What's your name? Where do you keep them. Do you usually have people like him around? You have a master??? Don't just animals have masters? How big is this place. Will other people be coming?..............

*Tim stopped his questions because they both were looking strangely at him.*

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 13th, 2007, 10:54 pm

*Faelyn continues the Faery Death Stare (although it's apparentely not working) and points at Loki, ignoring Tim*
Faeyln: "Yes, you, Blondie. What do you think you're doing, wandering in here? This is Hegwilt's School of Faeries and Gnomery! NO HUMANS ALLOWED."
*points her finger menacingly at Tim now*
Faelyn: "That means you, too, question boy. OUT!"
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 13th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Tim: But, but, I have t find the six other data balls and take them to the great oracle at Erehwon. My teachers sent me on this quest, it's very important. I can't return till I find the answers to, ah, well. life, the universe and, well, everything. They told me if I find the other six data balls, that are scattered over the world, the oracle will tell me everything. Please, tiny miss, um, what is your name? Um, please miss, could you ask your teacher if I could see his balls?