Hello again

Step in and introduce yourself. Keep in mind - you're about to join an absolutely crazy forum!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Hello again

Post by JHawkNH » April 21st, 2016, 5:26 am

I need to start out by apologizing. I said that I would never pull a disappearing act for an extended period of time... and then I did. So I am sorry for being gone so long and for not giving you guys a heads up.

To make a long story as short as possible, I lost my job about 8 months ago, around the same time I stopped posting, and shortly after fell into a bit of depression to the point that I didn't really want to have contact with anyone else. I kind of neglected most of my friends and that includes you guys. :shy:

The good news is I started a very good job about a month and a half ago so I am trying to reconnect with some of the people that I lost contact with. So to say it again, I am sorry that I was gone for so long and I hope to be more active now that I am back.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: Hello again

Post by Sakura » April 22nd, 2016, 12:40 pm

Meowwwww :love: :love: :love:

Glad to see you again. It's purretty much me and Oldwrench here since Hiki left for good as well. He will love to have another reader for his "5 Minutes Reloaded" which I already plan to release as a printed book. :thumb:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 23rd, 2016, 5:35 am

Yes I'm really glad to hear from you again. I'm bummed that I won't be making it to anime detour this year. I'll be gone with the wife, she's teaching on a cruise, this was planned two years ago and the detour people put the con exactly on the wrong weekend. I'll be gone a week so I won't get a chance to post till after May 1.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 28th, 2016, 2:27 pm

You're not meowing, err going to Anime Detour this year? That's a first isn't it? :omg:
I wonder if the Detour people will move the date of the event just to please their favorite customer :thumb:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 3rd, 2016, 4:45 am

I wish! Ah well, I missed it, and I heard that Phade, owner or the animemusicvideos.org site, mentioned my name on stage during one of the ceremonies, probably because I made the big donation and got one of the 5Tb hard drives with every AMV on the site. My 15 seconds of fame...... and I missed it. Did you get there JH

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » May 3rd, 2016, 5:33 am

Yep, I was there, but I missed opening ceremonies because I had to go to my nephew's birthday party. But Phade did ask about you at the first AMV panel.

BTW, did your son give you the gift that I gave to him to give to you?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 5th, 2016, 5:01 am

haven't seen him since I got back. I may see him next week. Crisis girl is having her baby next week, Monday. If he doesn't come before then they are going to induce........ crisis girl has kidney stones, bad thing to have. She lives in Rochester, pretty close to #1 son. This will be grandchild 6. One girl and five boys.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 25th, 2016, 3:19 pm

We should have pinned him to the forum. My fault, my stapler was gone. :shy:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 26th, 2016, 6:03 am

More violence needed?

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 26th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Wasn't that Hiki's footer for quite some time? "Don't feed me violins?"

A Brexit side note: "My Stupid Girlfriend Explains Why She Vote Brexit | 'EU Refeyendum'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li7wNTkL-dY