Newbie on the block

Step in and introduce yourself. Keep in mind - you're about to join an absolutely crazy forum!
Dorian
New User

Re: Newbie on the block

Post by Dorian » January 27th, 2012, 5:19 am

Zeratul2k wrote:Yo! Good to see someone new around!
Well Thanks for the welcome! :D

Dorian
New User

Post by Dorian » January 27th, 2012, 5:24 am

oldwrench wrote:Hi there, welcome to our small but fun group. If you'd like, tell us a bit about yourself, where you're from, Likes, dislikes that sort of thing. Join in the games, check out Hiki's art, read some stories, Have some cookies and pet the kitty, (our leader Sakura). Nice to have someone new, post a lot.

I'm on Yahoo chat, oldwrench2000, if you're ever on there.
Thanks oldwrench. XD

Um hmm I suppose to sum it up in this reply...
I'm from the United States, Tx
I like to draw mainly and just watch anime.
I don't like when I see trolling or when people try to take advantage of others.
Um I suppose at most I just try to have fun my way and love to join in on what others do.

Thanks for the tips and info. :thumb:

Dorian
New User

Post by Dorian » January 27th, 2012, 5:28 am

Sakura wrote:Meow and welcome to the crazy side of this ridiculous planet. Grab a catnip cookie and make yourself comfortable in the Short Story forum. I'll gladly use any doujinshi you purrrovide there. :love: :love: :love:
Wow everyone here is super friendly and its nothing I have ever seen before. ^^ -grabs catnip cookie and slightly tries to pet Sakura-

Oh well i'll try. ^^ I mostly do poses and what not. I not so good at drawing steady comics.
:love: :love: :love: Thanks for all your help!!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » January 27th, 2012, 5:52 am

Check the rp section if your ever interested and feel free to ask any help.

^_^

*Gives dorian a super hug*

yes we are veeeeeeeery friiiieeeeeeeeeendly!!!!

and sometimes hyperactive... :thumb:

:ho: *starts singing*
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » January 27th, 2012, 5:21 pm

I'd love to see some of your drawings :D

What kind of/which anime do you like best?
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 27th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Right, we definitely would like to see your drawings. Check out Hiki's in the shot story section, she's our resident artist.

If you have ever seen Escaflowne, or even if you haven't, you should check out Dinky's story, in the fan fiction section. it's called A Mystic Moon Vacation. It's very imaginative.

Role playing is easy, and kind of fun, it's making up a story as you go along. I took an old RPG and have rewritten it as the story 5 minutes, it's getting rather long, I'm on chapter 88 at the moment. Any questions you have about the current game story, just ask, we're always ready to help.

And what anime have you watched? What do you like? I have a pretty good collection going, and my son has just about the ultimate collection. Right now I'm watching Squid Girl, a very funny anime.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Dorian
New User

Post by Dorian » February 1st, 2012, 11:16 am

@Raine--- :hmm: Lol I will try to rp as much as I can. Oh and Thank you for the kind help. ;)

@Hiki---Oh well then I will try to post up some good artwork soon. I like any type of anime that carries on a good story or that is really different. As of Now I am currently watching Darker Than Black. Its interesting enough. Though one of my top favorites is Wolf's Rain. :love: (Major sucker for Wolves!)

How about your favorite Animes? BTW love your art. Its so crisp and all the little emotions you put are awesome! :thumb:

@OldWrench---Yep. ^^ I checked out all her awesome drawings and some of her photos. They are very inspiring! I hope to get to the talent level that she is at. :)

Ah yes, I have read a bit of fan fiction and I have tried writing some myself. I did happen to look over a few pages of Dinky's story after reading your comment. I really enjoyed it. ^^

Oh yes, I finally got to see what an rp was like. Its very spontaneous and something that is completely challenging for me as I like to plan things out before responding(iscribble rps), but seeing as here you must wait for the response..I shall try. Thanks for the heads up. (Read your rpg as well, very fun! XD)

I have watched all main stream and some off based ones. (for american standards)

-.Hack// series
-07 Ghost
-Afro Samurai
-Ah!My Goddess
-Air Gear
-Basilisk
-The Big O
-Bleach
-Case Closed
-Chobits
-Cowboy Bumblebee
-Cyborg 009
-Darker Than Black (Currently watching)
-D.N.Angel
-DearS
-Desert Punk
-Digimon
-Dragon Ball
-Elemental Gelade
-Elfen Lied
-Escaflowne
-Fairy Tale
-Fate/Stay Night
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
-GetBackers
-Ginga Densetsu Weed
-Gundam
-Gurren Lagann
-Hungry Heart: Wild Strike
-Initial D
-InuYasha
-King of Bandit Jing
-Kirby
-Love Hina
-Loveless
-Mobile suit (00,SEED,SEED Destiny, Wing, ZZ---other 3 series no)
-Naruto
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Noir
-Pandora Hearts
-Pokemon
-Princess Tutu
-Romeo x Juliet
-Saiyuki Reload
-Samurai Champloo
-Shaman King
-Sonic X
-Soul Eater
-Strawberry Panic!
-Suzuka
-Tales (series)
-Tenshi (series)
-Tenjho Tenge
-This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
-Vampire Bund --currently ongoing
-WitchBlade
-Wolf's Rain
------
-Yu-Gi-Oh (Both series, all seasons)
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Zoids (series)

Then of course the movies are--well there are a lot i've seen few that I own. I hardly own any anime due to extremely low funding but as you can see that list is every anime I have watched on T.V. or anime sites.
Though I would probably be quite impressed to see the collection both you and your son have. :)

Currently Watching--- Darker Than Black
Favorite Anime--- Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Favorite manga--- .Hack//GU series...though I also like the Jack Frost series

What about your favorite anime?
Oh its funny---I tried to friend you on yahoo. It said you denied me. :swt: :hmm:
Ah well its' okay. I rarely get on anyway. :)

:sleepy: Well time for me to sleep.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » February 1st, 2012, 1:06 pm

Oh my, you've watched a whole lot of anime O___O

The story of an anime is pretty important to me too, but if the art is really nice I might consider watching even without a good story xD
I think I've watched the first episode of Darker than Black. It was nice if I remember correctly xDDD I've heard loads about Wolf's Rain, but I never got around to actually watch it.

My favourite anime is probably Chrno Crusade, but Soul Eater is a close second as well as Puella Magi Madoka Magica (or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica).

Awww, I'm glad you like my art :D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 1st, 2012, 9:20 pm

I must have clicked off your chat request without thinking who it was. If you give me your yahoo contact info I'll add it to my contacts list.

That's a pretty good number of anime you've watched. As for a favorite, that's like asking which is my favorite pie.....
You might like to try Romeo X Juliet, it's a very interesting take on the old story. Full Metal Alchemist has a very good story line. Full Metal Panic is a good series, all three of them. Something really different, and hillarious, try Wallflower. One that is a good story, with the feel of an old time scifi magazine series, Project Blue Earth SOS. Very strange and difficult to follow, but so very interesting, Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent.

I could list a bunch more. If there is a genre that you particularly like let me know and I'll tell you what I've seen.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Dorian
New User

Post by Dorian » February 2nd, 2012, 5:31 am

My replies!! Oh why do I never learn.....
I guess I will have to rewrite/sum up what I had typed to you both... :sob:

@Hiki: Um TOO much tv is what I have to answer to your first statement. :swt:
I have watched both Chrono Crusade and Soul eater. :)
I never heard of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Happy that your glad. XD

@Old Wrench: That made me laugh..
e-mail: DorianHallows@ymail.com
First:Dorian
Last:Hallows

Ah yes I believe I have seen all the ones mentioned save for Boogiepop Phantom. :hmm:
I also believe that Wallflower is the one with the 4 good looking guy and the one gothic chick?
That one was hilarious. XD

I believe most of my favorite always fallow gothic or dark themes.