Onegai University: The Game

Moderator: Freya

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Re: Onegai University: The Game

Post by Freya » June 18th, 2008, 3:56 am

*Charles's land line rings at his flat as he is collecting various spices from his spice rack. He goes to answer it*

Charles: Charles here.

Security Guard: Mister Charles, there's a young man here in a Jaguar, he says you lent it to him this morning?

Charles: Yes that's fine. Have him park the car and come upstairs. Tell him to wait in the office.

Security Guard: Yes Sir.

*Charles hangs up the phone, gathers the spices he had collected and returns to Shi's flat. He leaves some water on to boil and makes a spaghetti sauce with various vegetables and the spices he had brought with him. Turning the sauce to a low heat so it can simmer, Charles leaves Shi's flat and heads to the office.*
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 18th, 2008, 4:42 am

Security Guard: You’re free to proceed. Just head straight to the personal garage, Mr. Charles will be waiting for you in the main office on the top floor. Do you need help finding it?

Yagami: No. Thank you, I know the way.

Security Guard: Yes sir. Good night, sir.

Yagami: Um, yeah. Good night?

*Yagami slowly proceeds to the family’s personal garage. He turns and starts to drive up the levels, pasting car after car. He spots a shiny silver Volvo and slows to admire it for a while. He ends up parking next to a yellow Porche, which he also pauses to admire.

Yagami: Wow isn’t there anything these people don’t have?

*Yagami thinks back to the days when he used to steal cars*

Yagami: I could make a killing here.

*Yagami exits the garage, and enters into the lobby. There is no one at the reception desk so remembering the golden elevators he takes them to the top floor. He gets off the elevator and goes up to the glass doors of the main office. He finds they’re locked so he waits in a chair just outside the doors*
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » June 18th, 2008, 4:49 am

*Charles enters the office and half expects Yagami to be sitting in one of the chairs waiting. Then he remembers he locked the doors, just like he does every night. Charles mutters to himself*

Charles: I must be going senile...

*He sighs and unlocks the main doors, peering out to find Yagami waiting in a chair*

Charles: I'm terribly sorry about having you wait Mister Yagami. Please come in.

*Charles holds the door open for Yagami*
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 18th, 2008, 5:22 am

*Yagami is slumped over waiting when he hears keys jingling to open a door. He quickly sits up straight but his face relaxes when he sees Charles*

Yagami: No problem, old man.

*Yagami proceeds to enter into the main office. He stops near the entrance, not really sure what it is he should be doing. He waits for Charles to enter behind him, to give him further instructions*

Yagami: I just wanted to come here and return the car…

*Yagami sighs and takes a deep breath*

Yagami: H-How is she, old man?

*The corner of his mouth twitches. He's not really sure he can handle the answer. He lowers his head in the shadow, not wanting Charles to see the mixture of worry, pain and frustration on his anxious face*
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » June 18th, 2008, 6:25 am

*Charles follows Yagami into the room and locks the main door behind him. He walks towards the other set of glass doors which lead to the hallway. He stops in front of them and turns back to face Yagami*

Charles: She's fine. She's resting on her couch while I make some dinner. How about you Mister Yagami? Are you hungry? We have plenty.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 18th, 2008, 6:46 am

*Yagami notices Charles locking the door behind him, asking him if he like to stay, he sighs to himself*

Yagami: What should I do? I know Shi doesn’t want to see me?

Yagami: I’m fine, thank you. I-I…

*He mentally kicks himself.*

Yagami: Thank you, but I wouldn’t want to impose myself on you…

*He sighs again*

Yagami: I’m sure Shi, doesn’t want to see me, Old Man...

*He shrugs as he makes a wary smile, his shoulders fall defeated*

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » June 18th, 2008, 7:34 am

*Charles smiles kindly at Yagami and turns and unlocks the door then steps through it, holding it open for Yagami*

Charles: Well you can stay in my flat tonight then if you like. But I wouldn't worry too much about Miss Shi if I were you. The food is being prepared and served at Miss Shi's flat. You can knock if you'd like to join us and I'll let you in.

*Charles goes over to his door and unlocks it for Yagami*

Charles: Please excuse me for not holding the door for you as is proper, but I must check the water that I left to boil on the stove. You can come right on over as soon as you're ready.

*Charles goes into Shi's flat shutting the door behind him. He hurries to the stovetop to see the water is at a nice rolling boil. He adds the pasta and stirs the sauce that had been sitting on low heat next to the big pot. Luckily it hadn't burned. He gives the pasta one turn with the spoon then goes to the pantry and grabs a fresh loaf of french baguette. He slices the baguette into portions and cuts them lengthwise through the middle. After brushing some garlic butter over them, he sticks them in the oven to toast. With the food coming along nicely, he decides to toss a salad to go with the meal. He goes to the fridge and takes out several bell peppers, some salad dressing and a stalk of romaine lettuce. Working quickly he has the salad ready in about seven minutes. The pasta is not quite perfect yet so he turns to the bread. It's nice and golden brown, he pulls it out of the oven and sets it aside to cool. Pulling out plates and salad bowls, Charles begins to set the table. With one last glance at the pasta, Charles goes to wake Shi. Shi is sleeping softly so Charles gently nudges her shoulder*

Charles: Shi, Miss Shi. Dinner is almost ready, you might want to go wash up.

*Shi opens her eyes sleepily*

Shi: hmm? oh, okay then.

*Shi yawns and goes to change for dinner. She picks a red dress from her closet just because it seems comfortable, then heads back toward the kitchen. She stops in the restroom to wash her hands and decides to tidy up her makeup too while she's there. She hardly ever has dinner with anyone, even if it is just her caretaker. Back in the kitchen, Charles checks the pasta and finds it perfectly tender. He dishes it out onto two plates and adds the sauce. He puts a fresh piece of garlic bread on each plate and adds salad to the two bowls. With everything ready, he takes the food out to the dinner table that is set with places for two*

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 18th, 2008, 8:25 am

*Yagami paces around the office, contemplating his action. He sighs every now and then. He looks across the room, and sees a window. He smiles to himself remembering the scene from The Wizard of Oz; when everyone went to meet the Great Oz at the Emerald Palace and the Cowardly Lion jumped out of the window. He shakes his head, chuckling to himself. At least he feels a little less nervous. It’s strange, but he always did feel calm after thinking about the Wizard of Oz. It was his all-time favorite movie. He leaves the office, walks over to Charles’s flat and raids the closet looking for something more appropriate to wear. He finds a nice pair of black slacks and a burgundy button-up shirt*

Yagami: I have to admit, the old man knows his style.

*He walks into the shower room. Turning on the shower, he puts it to it’s coldest setting. It isn’t exactly as good as the rain that he uses as his safe haven, but it works; his heart slows down. He stays in there for a good fifteen minutes before getting out and drying himself off. He gets dressed and finds some hair gel. After combing his hair back he takes a long look at himself in the mirror*

Yagami: You can do this.

*He exits Charles’s flat and makes his way to Shi’s. He stares at her door, takes a deep breath to slow his heart again, and knocks*

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » June 18th, 2008, 8:36 am

*Hearing the door, Charles goes to answer it*

Charles: Glad you decided to join us Mister Yagami. Come on in. Nice ensemble you put together there. It certainly looks better on you than it does on me.

*Charles leads Yagami over to the dinner table just as Shi comes back into the room*

Shi: Who in the world was at the door Char-

*Shi's sentence drops and she stares dumbfounded at her unexpected visitor. Charles hides a smirk and claps his hands together*

Charles: Well, it seems I only made enough for the two people then. If you'll excuse me I'll just retire to my place for the night.

*Charles bows slightly to the both of them and excuses himself from the flat. Shi continues to stare in shock*

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » June 18th, 2008, 9:11 am

*Yagami freezes in place. He doesn’t know what to say or think*

Yagami: Wait-

Yagami: I can’t believe it! Tha- He planned this!

*He tries to stop his mind from racing, remembering that Shi is still in the room*

Yagami: This is it, this is what you’ve been waiting for, right? Talk to her!

*Yagami looks nervously over at Shi, his heart racing*

Yagami: It’s either now or never.

*His mouth twitches and goes dry. His throat feels like its going to collapse and kill him where he stands but he manages to choke out her name*

Yagami: Shi…