GoogleBot

Do you think your teacher is possessed by an ancient monkey spirit and they stole your nose? This is the place to show off your random crazyness!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: GoogleBot

Post by Sakura » June 28th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Message display? Like in "WriteLn?" :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 29th, 2011, 4:15 pm

Actually it would be closer to MsgBox().
The displaybox will take a string passed to it in a psudo Rich Text Format and display it in a box on the screen the same way you see text displayed in a box on a RPG or dating sim game.

The function will be able to read a string that looks like this "<CharTag=Dasiy>Welcome to my <FontColor=Red>store.<FontColor=Black><EOL><CharTag=Dasiy>Maybe you would be interested in this card. It is <FontColor= 0000FF><Var=CardCost><FontColor=Black> gold pieces.<EOL><EOS>

And display the Display box on the screen with the appropriate graphics.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 29th, 2011, 4:48 pm

I assume there is already a tool for that, if you just go with HTML and use the Gecko rendering engine which is Open Source and free for all. Wrong?

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » June 30th, 2011, 1:56 pm

I had never heard of the Gecko rendering engine before. I will have to look into that.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » June 30th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Well Mozilla Firefox is reportedly built on Gecko. And if not it's still possible to display a big message box isn't it ;))