All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Post by Hiki » November 17th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Concept art..? :')
I'm totally inspirationless..
A little Cat-Girls Tale Concept1.png
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 17th, 2010, 9:03 pm

I think she doesn't like me........ :( she should have a smile. Even without an inspiration, you do very well Hiki.

Looks like the game is coming along just fine without me having to help.......... as if I'd have any idea of what you're doing.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 18th, 2010, 1:07 am

Ok, i have no questions about the codebase for now but the others should start working on the story, no? (to answer oldwrench's point, I mean =P)

And about the concept art, I think it looks really good, I specially like the bow on her tail =P (let's give it some special significance in the story, maybe?). How would she look on a longer dress, more goth lolita like? I also think she needs a little more color... I mean, she looks pretty pale right now. How about making her eyes a bit darker or even another color? Oh, oh! How about one eye green and one blue? how would that look?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 18th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Wow Hiki, that is actually very close to what I had pictures in my mind. I really like it.

@Z2K - You are right, others can begin to work on the story elements while we work on the code. I also really like your idea of making the bow on her tail have some significant purpous. One of the other charactures in the game is going to be a male friend that she has know all her life that she has a crush on. Maybe he gave it to her. Or maybe it has something to do with her parents who are now deceased. I will give a list of the characture for the game that I have thought up so far.

As for "Daisy's" clothes we actually have two options.

1. We can have a base model that we can put multiple different kinds of clothes on.
2. "Daisy" only has one oufit.

Hiki will be the one to decied which direction we go with this since we will probably be depending on her for most of the characture images. #1 would allow for more flexability, but each "pose" would have to have a full set of clothes drawn for it. (The clothes would be overlayed over the base model) This would mean that you would need X number of poses for "Daisy" and X * (the number of outfits) for clothes overlays.

We may be able to help with drawing the clothes, but I can't promise that so Hiki will decied what direction we go with this. It will come down to the amount of work she wants to put into this.

That's enough for now. The list of charactures I have so far are for another post.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 18th, 2010, 10:53 pm

I also wanted to add that she should not have different colored eye's. One of the functions in the game engine will allow you to flip the characture. So instead of looking right they will be looking left. But because of how this is done (mirroring) the eye's would be the wrong color when the characture flips.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 19th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Story and characture ideas so far...

Story:

"Daisy" recently moved from a small farming village to the big city. Both her parents are now deceased (one or the remaining one passed away recently from illness) and "Daisy" has decieded to follow her deram of becoming the best merchent in the world. Of course she also needs to work to survive. She sold everything her family owned so that she could open a shop in the big city.

Charactures:

"Helper Cat" - Speicies(Cat) This is a gray, plump, talking cat, that is not only "Daisy's" pet, but also helps her and gives her advice. Think Navi from The Legend of Zelda, only 100 times less annoying. Possible names: Neko, Tabby?

"Teen Male Adventurer" - Speicies(Human) This is a childhood freind of "Daisy's" that grew up with her in the village. He left the village a few years ago to become an adventurer. He has reunited with "Daisy" in the big city and he helps her on dungon quests. "Daisy" has always had a huge crush on him, but he is oblivious to this.

"Teen rich girl" - Speicies(Human) This girl is the same age as "Daisy", but she has lived in the big city all her life. She comes from a rich family and is a bit of a spoiled brat. She is also in love with "Teen Male Adventurer" so she is a romantic rival to "Daisy". Because of this both girls have an extream dislike for the other, but that have to act civil anound "Teen Male Adventurer"

"Owner of MagicMart" - Speicies(Dog/Man) This is the owner of a chain of Magic and weapon wholesale stores, think WalMart, The main store of which is located directly across from "Daisy's" shop. The dog part of him is a Doberman Pincher. He is arogent and believes that he can easily crush "Daisy's" little shop, and he is not afraid to let her know this. He and "Daisy" tend to get into heated arguments where they like to trade insults.

We will need more idea's for charactures amd we need to figure out names.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » November 19th, 2010, 5:12 pm

@Gpa: I'll draw her smiling next time :')

@Z2k: She's pale because it's a coloured doodle. It means I didn't actually care about shading xD Same goes for the eyes xD A longer dress might be nice, but that would probably hide the tail too much.. And don't worry about the colours, I'll be experimenting with them when I have inspiration.

@JHawk: If the clothing is up to me I'd go with the second option. Though maybe if a scene in the story requires a different outfit we could add one after all..

I like the characters :3
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 21st, 2010, 9:43 pm

Then we will go with just one outfit for Daisy. I actually have one other outfit for her, but it is only used in one situatuion, so there won't be many different images need for it.

When Daisy goes to MagicMart for supplies she goes in an over the top desigues. Think fake glasses, nose, and mustash.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » November 30th, 2010, 5:52 pm

Ok, here is a quick display of how the VBMP display works.

1. Unzip file
2. Open executable
3. Click somewhere in the window

"Daisy" is now loaded from a file, converted into a VBMP and displayed on the screen where you clicked.

4. Click somewhere else in the window.

The VBMP that is already loaded is displayed at the new point.
If you click to far to the right, "Daisy" won't appear. there is currently no clipping of a VBMP to the right or left, it will not display the image if it needs to be clipped.

None of the menu options currently work.

If you want to try a better background, replace the images/test2.png file with a differrent image. The only catch is that the image needs to be 1024X960.
Attachments
A Little Cat-Girls Tale.zip
(327.84 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 1st, 2010, 7:41 pm

O___O That's so awesome.
I'll get working on more drawings of "Daisy" :') But I think I'll have to wait with proper drawings until the 24th (cause I have nothing to do for a whole month :D)
Don't feed me violins.