All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Post by JHawkNH » December 2nd, 2010, 4:27 pm

No problem. I still have alot of code to write. Even though though we can use the drawings at anytime, we will not actually need them until all the code is done. And that is still at least a few months away.

I am planning on working on some backgrounds also because that giant red X on a yellow background is really getting annoying. I will upload a beta background soon to replace the current ugly thing.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 5th, 2010, 10:46 am

Hahaha, I'll try to improve my backgrounds as well :') Good luck~!
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 7th, 2010, 2:16 am

I have a bunch of old game backgrounds, with a bunch of stretching and cropping I can get the size you need, like this.
b17a.jpg
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 7th, 2010, 7:19 pm

That will be great for testing Oldwrench, but I want to use original backgrounds for the final game. That way we don't need to worry about getting sued or in trouble for useing someone else's work.

The game takes place in an old style village. Kind of an old west/midevil style. (Dirt roads/ cobblestone roads, nothing modern)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 10th, 2010, 10:48 am

JHawkNH wrote:That will be great for testing Oldwrench, but I want to use original backgrounds for the final game. That way we don't need to worry about getting sued or in trouble for useing someone else's work.
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

Smart thinking :thumb:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 10th, 2010, 2:41 pm

I really figured that was what he wanted, but thought they could be used as models for drawings. I think there are some from a game that are old village style. I'll see if I can find them.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 10th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Sound good Oldwrench.

I have just about completed the class VBMP and after that I will begin working on the dialog window class.
After that is done we should be able to start doing some alpha work to see what things are going to look like.

I also found a nice piece of music that I would like to use for the opening screen. It was created by someone on another forum that if frequent. I just have to ask for permision to use it in the game and see if we can get a cleaner version of it.

Here is the music that he uploaded.
Attachments
Bittersweet destiny.zip
Bittersweet Destiny by Volgrand
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 146 times

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » December 13th, 2010, 6:17 pm

It sounds really pretty :D
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 21st, 2010, 6:09 pm

I have just about finished the VBMP class. I only have to write the "MakeReversable()" function and it will be completed.

My list for working on this in order is:
1. Finish VBMP class.
2. Work on dialog box class. Ver 1, simple display only.
3. Create an alpha to get an Idea what the game will look like.
4. Work on the Command/Script engine
5. Work on dialog box class. Ver 2, Rick Text display, Text displays as if typed, abuility to change speed of displaying text, add button functions to display.

Thats enough for now...

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » December 23rd, 2010, 4:07 pm

I am planning to have the "MakeReversable()" done soon. After that I will be working on the Dialog/Chat display.
Here is where I need your guys input. The box is going to be a rich text format and here are the types of text I am planning (for both Upper case and lower case) regular, bold, Italisized, underlined. That is a total of 8 variations per letter. Because of the way I am programing the letters there is a limit of 8 variation per letter. If we want to add more we will have to add another characture set.

So here is where I need you opinion. Are these varation good? Is there ones that are not needed? Are there ones that should be added?

Remember there is a limit of 8 per letter so if you want to add one, you would have to sugest which one to remove.