Geek Fantasy Come True!

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Kira
Angel
Angel

Geek Fantasy Come True!

Post by Kira » March 30th, 2010, 2:11 am

Okay this is a thread for where you experience a true life geek experience/fantasy.

Today, It was misty, so I put on my green legend of Zelda hoodie. and was wearing my Hyrule belt buckle. I ran to my job, to have lunch with a friend. We have a Starbucks in our Target, so I'm waiting for him, this blond girl comes, he asks for her name... Zelda! I perk up, I turn to look at her and she has a tattoo of the Triforce on the back of her hand!

I wanted to married to her!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: Geek Fantasy Come True!

Post by JHawkNH » March 30th, 2010, 3:29 pm

That is so funny and cool. But if you are like the rest of us otaku, then you probably just stared at her and never said a word to her.

At least that is what I would probably end up doing. :shy:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » March 31st, 2010, 7:40 pm

I knew this applied to otaku as well! http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » March 31st, 2010, 9:48 pm

Haha! Nah, We did for awhile. Nate was doing Starbuck, we kinda tag-teamed her haha. Cuz when she said Zelda, I perked up, he knows I'm into Zelda, so he glanced over to me, she turned and saw my hoodie.

Zelda: Hey! Cool Hoodie!

Me: Haha, Thanks... *she points to her hand, Triforce tattoo* Omg! That is awesome! So, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom choice you the Guardian of Wisdom?

*She looks at me playful* Zelda: Hmm, Who said anything about Nayru, I could be Din, the Goddess of Power *winks*

Me: Aww, in that case, if I'm Link. We have to fight, since, Ganon is associated Din.

((OMG! moment)) ZELDA: *winks* Hmm, And that'd be a bad thing? I don't mind a good wrestling match *winks*

Me: *melts*

NATE: Zelda! Your order is ready! ((NO!!!))
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 2nd, 2010, 1:48 am

So close...............
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » April 2nd, 2010, 9:13 pm

Haha! I know! I was gonna kill him!

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » April 12th, 2010, 3:40 am

Here's another geek fantasy come true: I met a guy who used to draw the Spiderman Comics (along with quiet a few others)!! His name is Tom Lyle ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lyle ), and he's a super nice guy!! He teaches at SCAD now, and I got to work for one of his classes since I now do occasional work as an art model. ^_^ Next time I see him, I'm going to get his autograph for one of my cousins!
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 12th, 2010, 3:59 am

Now that sounds like fun, getting to meet an artist like that............ speaking of which, how about another canpter of your story?
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » April 12th, 2010, 8:24 am

Dinky wrote:Here's another geek fantasy come true: I met a guy who used to draw the Spiderman Comics (along with quiet a few others)!! His name is Tom Lyle ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lyle ), and he's a super nice guy!! He teaches at SCAD now, and I got to work for one of his classes since I now do occasional work as an art model. ^_^ Next time I see him, I'm going to get his autograph for one of my cousins!
Cool, He worked on Spider-Man during the clone saga. His art was good, I didn't collect amazing Spider-man during that run, no offense to him, just the writers at that time. I couldn't get into that saga, but he did do the art to the limited Robin series, and I have those issues. I really liked his Robin. I'm pretty sure he's the one that created the new Robin Design. I liked that one the best. Tell him thanks for me. Hehe ^^ I'm a huge Batman and Robin fan.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 30th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Omg! So I was at Work the other day... Okay, just to let you know. I am the type of guy, if your wearing a jacket or jersey and I really like it. I'm gonna stop and give you props.

So, this female guest came into the store. And she was wearing green pants, a green, Link/elf-like cap and she was wearing a Legend of Zelda hoodie. So I stopped her and I told her, I really liked her hoodie and the hat was freakin' sweet!

I have a Hyrule belt buckle. she "points" to it, and goes, Mmm I really that...Oh! I just saw the belt buckle"... I turn bright red as a tomato! lol...yeah, that day was pretty awesome. lol