good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: good things

Post by Hiki » July 30th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Yes, I was there exactly a year ago :) (I miss my host family, lol.. :swt: )
Hahaha, don't worry, I won't go until summer vacation next year. It all depends on whether I'll be working there or not when I'm actually going :'D Unless I do both :p
And, hey, I study Japanese Language and Culture (mostly culture from September on) so I'm bound to go there more often than the average non-Japanese person xD
Which region are you going? Tokyo area or..? If you're going to Tokyo it's cool to visit the Sky Tree, but don't bother going in there unless you're very eager to wait 2 hours or so... (Then again, I hear the view is lovely and if you have plenty of days to actually roam about the city, why not? xD) There's a Ghibli store near there as well so.. :'D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 9th, 2013, 7:11 am

Picked up a bargain today. There was a lawn mower on the clearance at a Menard's store, it was "as is" because they couldn't get it to start. I bought it for 50 bucks, it has a list price of over 200. After a check over, I found the spark plug gap way out of adjustment. Re-gapped the plug and it started first try. Now all I have to do is find someone that needs a new lawn mower. I can make a few extra bucks.

We got a little rain, good for the garden, it was getting dry.

My snow peas are over six feet tall, and I must have a couple hundred green tomatoes on the vines. Some of them are the size of softballs. I hope they start getting ripe soon.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 9th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Whoa, good luck with selling it! =D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your vegetables :)
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 11th, 2013, 6:52 pm

I sold that lawn mower in less than five minutes the next morning. I got 100 bucks for it. How's that for an easy 50?

The veggies are doing great, just the tomatoes are really slow to ripen. I suppose they'll all ripen at the same time, about the time SHE is traveling on her lectures again.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 16th, 2013, 7:21 pm

@ Hiki:

The tour itenerary can be found on this page http://pacsettours.com/portfolios/anime-de-tour/.
To many things to post, but it will be a full trip.

Any suggetions for my "free day"?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 19th, 2013, 4:14 am

Find some cute little Japanese girlfriend?

I'm in Boone Iowa visiting the daughter Crisis girl and her family. Grandson William is a little charmer. He's 16 months old and is a big kid. He's trying to talk and often can get his point across.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 19th, 2013, 8:38 pm

oldwrench wrote:Find some cute little Japanese girlfriend?
You are starting to sound like my parents. They don't really care where she is from, they just want me to find A girlfreind. (I think the main reason is that they want more grandkids.)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 3rd, 2013, 5:20 am

Grandkids are good.......... but no, I'm not pushing, just thought you might meet some sweet thing there.

Another Labor day weekend came and went. It's the unofficial end of summer here. The weather was good, and it was Dinky's #1 son's birthday. He's 6 already.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » September 9th, 2013, 7:58 pm

First day of my last year at university!!! I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing xDDD The day was alright, but it feels like a week has passed already!
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 11th, 2013, 3:02 pm

It's both good and bad Hiki. You'll understand that once you've graduated and moved into the working world. In 20 years or so, you'll remember college days as the best time of your life.

JH, I'm up in your area this morning. I'm in Maple Grove, at a clinic just off 94 on Maple Grove Parkway. I thought you lived up here somewhere. I might have crossed paths with you, I came up 494 about 7:30am. Boy is southbound 494 gridlock at that time. It's hard to imagine there are that many cars and that many people headed to work.
Ah well, I get to sit here at McDonalds and wait for the call to pick up the client and head home. Yesterday I waited for almost 4 hours, the whole trip was 7 hours.