Nobody Expects... Voltron !?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
mriq
New User

Nobody Expects... Voltron !?

Post by mriq » August 13th, 2007, 7:31 am

OK, I'm all for exposing the main populace to anime, but honestly, Voltron? Who cared enough for that one? What am I talking about? Variety has announced that after the humongous success of the Transformers movie, they are going to do a similar project around Voltron.

Read about it here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... id=13&cs=1

I mean, there must be about hundreds of mecha shows better than Voltron. And you can't really say it was chosen for its celebrity status amongst the masses. They should have picked something a bit more interesting like Neon Genesis, or Escaflowne... Tinsel Town has once again proven itself lord and master of lunacy...

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: Nobody Expects... Voltron !?

Post by JHawkNH » August 13th, 2007, 9:49 pm

I totally agree. Why pick Voltron? There will not be a enough of a nastalsia factor to help it make money like Transformers did.
I would rather see a "Gravion" or "Goddaner" live action movie. :gg:

On a side note, I thought I read that they are working on a NGE live action movie.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Elvin
Fan
Fan

Post by Elvin » August 14th, 2007, 12:29 am

I generally try to see all live-action movies, but I'm not familiar with Voltron. Well, like transformers, it had an audience in North America, and like transformers, it'll probably be relatively cheap to buy the movie rights to a dead franchise. They're ignoring the fact that the fanbase for transformers was on a different scale, and power rangers have pretty much ruined the chances of any "animal shaped robots combining" live action movie doing well.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » August 14th, 2007, 4:15 pm

I remember Voltron...but not enough to want to go see it. Why can't they make an Escaflowne movie?!?!?!
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 14th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Same as Dinky but replace Escaflowne with Rahxephon.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 14th, 2007, 7:35 pm

Rahxephon would make a much better movie than Evangelion. They took the story to a better conclusion for a movie, and Rah, isn't about some insecure little boy's mental state.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 14th, 2007, 7:48 pm

oldwrench wrote:Rahxephon would make a much better movie than Evangelion. They took the story to a better conclusion for a movie, and Rah, isn't about some insecure little boy's mental state.
It wasn't? It sure seamed like it was. :gg:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 14th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Rahxephon is actually the full story of the reshaping of the world. Evangelion is all about Shinji, it's the story of him growing up and finding himself. The Eva's the angels and the other characters are only there to support Shiji's story. That's why it ends with episode 26.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » August 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Plus, Rahxephon was all thought out from the very beggining. NGE's final chapters was all the opposite and was actually made under influence by the reactions of TV executives and viewers to previous episodes. That's why NGE's ending is so messy, IMO.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » August 15th, 2007, 6:51 am

Elvin wrote:I generally try to see all live-action movies, but I'm not familiar with Voltron. Well, like transformers, it had an audience in North America, and like transformers, it'll probably be relatively cheap to buy the movie rights to a dead franchise. They're ignoring the fact that the fanbase for transformers was on a different scale, and power rangers have pretty much ruined the chances of any "animal shaped robots combining" live action movie doing well.

lmao!! THEY DID THAT ALREADY!! it looks cool but maaan power rangers! hahahaha! *doubles over laughing*
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan